PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam working on rebuilding his throwing fundamentals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all ungrateful....
Ungrateful in what sense? Where Cam deserves significant credit is taking on a no-win situation of following the GOAT as the QB of the NE Patriots. I don't think very many would push back that his handling of those pressures, leadership gaps, and fitting into the team dynamics built over two decades were in fact pretty exemplary. I'm grateful that spared anyone else that horror show scenario especially a young QB versus an elder veteran with Cam's resilience of attitude and character (not to mention the pandemic aspect too as many other leaders were also not on the field due to opt outs).

That said, we don't judge athletes with those criteria very much - that's just "extra" for most of us - it's the statistical and scoreboard results that drive fan attitude. In that light, you can pontificate to the contrary all you want, but by every measure Cam was not a good NFL QB last year. Odds would say he'll be "better" this year given all the variables moving to the positive like COVID, playbook familiarity, upgraded roster, etc, but how much given his more recent sample (last three years) is trending toward just mediocrity as the ceiling - especially with his injuries.

Ungrateful? No, but not gratuitously overboard in support either.

Nah I’d rather not.

if by week 8 he’s in the bottom half of starting qbs statistically... I’ll be right here with all of you... let Mac in there. Until then, I maintain 2020 was slightly anomalous, and he can play well enough to take the team we have now to say... 11 wins/2nd maybe 3rd in the East, potentially

the ad hominem attacks are crazy. You’ve been searching high and low for a reason why I think he’s just, at this point in his career, an average qb... not the worst.

we’ve been spoiled. An average qb does not “suck”. Look at the Covid fog points above, also the system... I will say our oline is a point in y’all’s favor cause he did have protection... but I’m optimistic. I’m a fan.

why is that so ridiculous? Oh yeah, it’s ridiculous because of double standards. And it’s not just race cause the way they’re coming after Rogers cause he’s weird is troubling too.

also I don’t like Deus
No one likes Deus.

I'm fine with fans being optimistic about Cam and even liking him as a player and person (as opposed to a jerk like Kyrie). He had a couple of decent games last year and now has more talent surrounding him. In theory he should have more decent games in 2021.

The issue most of us have with Cam is it's obvious he is a very average to below average QB who offers zero optimism in becoming a close to elite QB- which is what you need to be a contender.

Never thought of that. Could be true. I figured he just understood Stid was not worth starting and he was probably right about that.

Bill figured that starting Cant gave him the best chance to win one more game; and for him, one more win in an utterly, completely meaningless game & season - and being that much closer to Halas & Shula - meant more than giving his 2nd-year QB a full week of practice with the probable starters and then the actual start in order to gain a more-thorough evaluation of him...which would've been better for the T-E-A-M.

Ungrateful in what sense? Where Cam deserves significant credit is taking on a no-win situation of following the GOAT as the QB of the NE Patriots. I don't think very many would push back that his handling of those pressures, leadership gaps, and fitting into the team dynamics built over two decades were in fact pretty exemplary. I'm grateful that spared anyone else that horror show scenario especially a young QB versus an elder veteran with Cam's resilience of attitude and character (not to mention the pandemic aspect too as many other leaders were also not on the field due to opt outs).

That said, we don't judge athletes with those criteria very much - that's just "extra" for most of us - it's the statistical and scoreboard results that drive fan attitude. In that light, you can pontificate to the contrary all you want, but by every measure Cam was not a good NFL QB last year. Odds would say he'll be "better" this year given all the variables moving to the positive like COVID, playbook familiarity, upgraded roster, etc, but how much given his more recent sample (last three years) is trending toward just mediocrity as the ceiling - especially with his injuries.

Ungrateful? No, but not gratuitously overboard in support either.

Credit for what? Who would actually give him playing time? Does he not get paid millions to do what actually? What's the purpose of the Patriots with Newton at QB? To win games? lol

Credit for what? Who would actually give him playing time? Does he not get paid millions to do what actually? What's the purpose of the Patriots with Newton at QB? To win games? lol

One would certainly hope so.

Let's be serious now, we all know he's nothing better than a stop gap. I'm praying Jones or whatever that other guy was called beats him out.
But, if he's a stopgap who's there to win, he'll be bumped for struggling a lot faster than he will if he's there to keep Jones from playing before the team thinks he's "ready".

Just like you can’t have an Edelman thread without bringing up weaker or Troy brown.

ummmm Brady did that all 2019 on PURPOSE

yeah their seasons were really similar lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back