PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Christian Gonzalez

You wouldn't be taking offense to this if my hunch was that he'd be a first-team All-Pro as a rookie.

That also would beg an explanation. WHY don't you just EXPLAIN your hunch? It must be based on something.

One thing that sticks out to me is the Pats (IMO) had to have 3 players they would've been happy to draft at 17. There are rumors they thought about moving back up into RD1 to grab White, or even could've taken him at 17. I wonder who the other players were? Would they have drafted Forbes?

That also would beg an explanation. WHY don't you just EXPLAIN your hunch? It must be based on something.
You wouldn't care in the slightest if I posted that instead.

You wouldn't care in the slightest if I posted that instead.

Sure I would, as would others. But your "hunch" doesn't appear based on anything or you would've shared it by now.

Because it's just a hunch.

Hunches are based on information. Call it an educated guess if you want, but they don't exist in a vacuum. You are full of it.

Hunches are based on information. Call it an educated guess if you want, but they don't exist in a vacuum. You are full of it.
You really don't know what a hunch is. Clean up your spaghetti and call it a night.
1682907903392.png

You really don't know what a hunch is. Clean up your spaghetti and call it a night.
View attachment 51091
sometimes I get confused about what a hunch is as opposed to a hump...leads to all kinds of misunderstandings...to wit

Might be based on Lily and he is a little embarrassed.
Lets Go GIF by Billboard Music Awards

Especially since he's leaving himself exposed by saying this. We can speculate about what he doesn't like, but the speculation will me him sound like a knucklehead.

View attachment 51091

What is this thing about spaghetti?

A hunch is based on a feeling. A feeling is based on information. Of course, there never is "proof" behind a hunch, but there always is a REASON involved. You have none, you are just a trolling idiot negatively stirring the pot.

Nice analysis of CG's scheme fit with the Pats:

Nice analysis of CG's scheme fit with the Pats:

I like the third example he shows, where Gonzalez guesses wrong on the route, but has the strength and fluidity to recover and still disrupt the play. That kind of thing bodes well for a rookie to contribute early in his first year, because you know he's going to see things in the pros that he's not ready for. Having the physical tools to still be competitive in those situations is important, and as he sees more and concepts and gets more and more reps, it should just get better. Really excited about this kid.

Speak of the devil...and he shall appear lmao. I do not consider myself an expert at all but I challenge you to show me a single piece of evidence that suggests Gonzalez can deliver tone-setting tackling nor any semblance of an attempt to deliver one. Press is a state of mind, not a body type. The boy has the body type to do it but as Bill Parcells famously said, "You can't teach a puppy that doesn't bite how to bite as a dog."

Jays! How the devil are you sir? Good to see you buddy, hope all is well.

Tomlin's a doofus

When visiting the facility, Mike Tomlin inquired about why the breakout junior transferred to Oregon after beginning his career with Colorado. Gonzalez explained that he was simply following his position coach to his new school. Tomlin was hoping to hear him say something along the lines of facing better competition but was left underwhelmed by Gonzalez's answer.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back