PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran's reporting on Mayo being the next head coach

Plot twist time:
- Mayo as HC
- BB as GM
- PatsFans.com servers melt
Tom Brady Flirt GIF

If this is true, I'm out. Mayo with Stevie B as the DC? Is Rod Rust not available?

One of the major reasons to fire Bill is to get rid of the nepotism.

Vrabel is by far the better candidate. He's the perfect guy to take over from BB. Mayo with Stevie B means years of mediocrity..

I’m not sure of your views on BB staying or going…but why would Mayo over Vrabel piss you off?

Vrabel has proven to be a nothing more than a JAG HC…nothing to write home about honestly.

It’s true that Mayo is unproven as a HC, but objectively speaking, could he be that much worse than JAG Vrabel?

For me, if the decision hypothetically comes down to either Mayo or Vrabel, why not give Mayo a shot over a coach that we already know is average?

I’m not trolling you…I’m just curious as to why you’re so adamant about Vrabel over Mayo.

Personally I hope the Pats move in a totally new direction away from Patriots of the past.
Vrabel took his team to the playoffs, made the conference championship, understands NE culture, has actually run a team, AND had no personnel control or a QB.

I’m taking him over Mayo who has never even run a unit, and has only been an NFL coach at all for a few years.

Could he be good eventtually?

Of course.

Do I think he is ready or qualified to be HC of NEP?

No.

If it’s Mayo, just keep Bill.

Remember in 2009 when Curran said Brady was in danger of missing the upcoming season due to an infection in his surgically-repaired knee? Someone from here emailed him after it was clear Brady was fine, and Curran sent an email back that just said "FU."

Remember in 2009 when Curran said Brady was in danger of missing the upcoming season due to an infection in his surgically-repaired knee? Someone from here emailed him after it was clear Brady was fine, and Curran sent an email back that just said "FU."
Curran also had the worst take on the team pre-season. WAY off.

I think his sources left when Brady left.

Vrabel took his team to the playoffs, made the conference championship, understands NE culture, has actually run a team, AND had no personnel control or a QB.

I’m taking him over Mayo who has never even run a unit, and has only been an NFL coach at all for a few years.

Could he be good eventtually?

Of course.

Do I think he is ready or qualified to be HC of NEP?

No.

If it’s Mayo, just keep Bill.
Fair enough, your points are valid

If this is true, I'm out. Mayo with Stevie B as the DC? Is Rod Rust not available?

Vrabel is by far the better candidate. He's the perfect guy to take over from BB. Mayo with Stevie B means years of mediocrity..
To me the major reason is to get someone who is a better GM and who actually understands a modern offense. Mayo being a first year head coach could mean that we still interview GM's and they have sole team building responsibilities minus the defensive side and we bring in an OC who can operate very independetly until/unless Mayo shows competency there.

People say they are worried of getting rid of the defensive continuity. Well this is how it can be done. Keep the guy heading up the defense, get new offensive and team building in Patriots place. Mayo could actually just solve every problem because you are effectively dropping all the baggage of Bill's responsibilities with HC but getting someone who knows how to run his defense via being part of it and coaching it.

Can't get the image of Mayo from Quick slants out of my head. He seemed like a kind of a goof ball, not really HC material. Rather have Vrabel.

I’m not advocating for Mayo/Stevie B…I hope the Pats move in a completely new direction.

However…Mayo/Stevie B have game planned a pretty damn good D so I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss them as mediocre. They’ve done well for what they’ve been put in charge of so far…

Can't get the image of Mayo from Quick slants out of my head. He seemed like a kind of a goof ball, not really HC material. Rather have Vrabel.
Go do some behind the scenes research of the Vrabels. That man and his boys are pretty damn goofy themselves.

Alright folks. I’m already tired of all this speculation. My heart can’t take it anymore and we’ve no doubt got weeks of it left.

If what Curran is saying is true and the Kraft knew they were moving on from BB back in November, why is it taking so long to finalize their decision? Especially if Mayo is the next coach.
Getting trade compensation for BB is going to take some time and negotiation. Sure it might take an extra week, but it's worth kicking the tires if you can get anywhere from a 1st to 2nd round pick in return for BB. Rumors are that LA Chargers or Atlanta Falcons might be interested in making the move for BB.

Getting trade compensation for BB is going to take some time and negotiation. Sure it might take an extra week, but it's worth kicking the tires if you can get anywhere from a 1st to 2nd round pick in return for BB. Rumors are that LA Chargers or Atlanta Falcons might be interested in making the move for BB.
You know, the Falcons have not been listed in any reports today for scheduling this interview or that interview.
Will Smith Reaction GIF

You know, the Falcons have not been listed in any reports today for scheduling this interview or that interview.
Will Smith Reaction GIF
My guess would be that they're lining up their minority fake candidates before bringing in Vrabel or Harbaugh for a chat.

Will Smith Reaction GIF
It’s my understanding that trading for a coach doesn’t eliminate the requirements for the Rooney rule. Am I wrong? Also, do you think Belichick would agree to go to Atlanta? I think he’d own the division. Team has some talent but is still missing the critical QB piece. I personally don’t think he’d agree to it.

Vrabel has proven to be a nothing more than a JAG HC…nothing to write home about honestly.

That simply is not true. The only JAGs are the quarterbacks he was saddled with; even then, he took Tennessee to the AFC title game and was named coach of the year in 2021.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back