PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 2 wishlist

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Okay. Day 1 is all wrapped up. Pats have the 2nd pick of the 2nd rd. Who is still on the board that you want? Anyone hoping for a trade down?

Adonai Mitchell
Ladd McConkey
Keon Coleman

Jackson Powers Johnson C
Zach Frazier C
The better value is at the center position rather than guard or tackle. Plug and play 10 year centers.

Kind of meh on the tackles. Could be good, could be bad sort of feeling. Seems like the names remaining were all late risors just in the last few weeks. Some really athletic ones though. So you have that.

Braden Fiske DT. Would like to see a move up into the latter half of the 2nd for him.

Last edited:
Looking at best available looks like Newton DT from Illinois is intriguing.

If we go WR like everyone probably wants Adonai Mitchell looks like the pick.

Centers are not where you want to go in early round 2. Decent IOL will be available in the 4th-5th rounds.

Premium needs are LT and WR. I feel like most of the quality got scooped out of the OT class.

Paul or Saumataia would be decent choices. But it looks like some high potential wideouts will be available at #34 and might be better value overall.

I like the idea of the Patriots drafting AD Mitchell or McConkey to round out the WR room or using the pick to get a proven guy like Aiyuk or Tee Higgins.

Looking at best available looks like Newton DT from Illinois is intriguing.

If we go WR like everyone probably wants Adonai Mitchell looks like the pick.
The Bills will be taking Mitchell one spot ahead of the Patriots. Taking Ladd McConkey at 34 seems like a huge reach.

I like McKinistry, because that gives you two young, stud boundary corners, you can kick Jonathan Jones back into slot, or even have him play some deep safety, and Marcus Jones can play some good slot as well.

As much as I really like some of the receivers that are available, my preference is an OT.

There are decent WRs that will still be available at #68.

Same cannot be said for an OT at #68.

34: OT
68: WR

Day Three: RB, TE, and BPA.

The Bills will be taking Mitchell one spot ahead of the Patriots.
They very well could. They also have needs at corner though. And either Dejean or Mckinstry is there for the taking.

I like some of the WRs still available (though surprised Pearsall went in the 1st). That being said, #34 has to be an OT. I'm guessing Suimaitaia. The cupboard will be bare if we wait much longer. I totally do not want Patrick Paul. He looked horrible at the Senior Bowl.

I was gutted when the Cowboys took Tyler Guyton. He was so close to making it to #34.

As much as I really like some of the receivers that are available, my preference is an OT.

Looks like the tackles are gone

I don't think there are any worthwhile tackles at 34 either. Your best hope is to take a day 3 flyer on one at this point. Whether anyone will call out Wolf for not trading back into the first after the huge run on OT was becoming obvious or not, we'll find out in the days and weeks to come.

They very well could. They also have needs at corner though. And either Dejean or Mckinstry is there for the taking.
They do, but I think it's a bit of a pipe dream, when they have a couple of half-decent corners that have NFL experience, while having nothing at the WR position at all, Khalil Shakir, and Curtis Samuel. That's what they have now. The Patriots might have better WRs than the Bills do right now.

I don't think there are any worthwhile tackles at 34 either. Your best hope is to take a day 3 flyer on one at this point. Whether anyone will call out Wolf for not trading back into the first after the huge run on OT was becoming obvious or not, we'll find out in the days and weeks to come.
I would have liked to see the Pats trade up from #34 into the first, but they didn't have anything to offer.

The only way the Patriots could have done that was if they traded down from #3 first.
That didn't happen, so they had no ammo to move up.

They do, but I think it's a bit of a pipe dream, when they have a couple of half-decent corners that have NFL experience, while having nothing at the WR position at all, Khalil Shakir, and Curtis Samuel. That's what they have now. The Patriots might have better WRs than the Bills do right now.
Like I said, they totally could go in the WR direction but even if they do it's hard to say who they will take for sure.

They might like McConkey or Coleman more than Mitchell for all we know.

Did anyone see the 49ers taking Rickey Pearsall? I didn't. Did you call that pick before draft night?

Not to mention, I still don't think CB is out of the question. WR is deeper in this draft than CB. So we will have to wait and see tomorrow.

The Bills will be taking Mitchell one spot ahead of the Patriots. Taking Ladd McConkey at 34 seems like a huge reach.

I like McKinistry, because that gives you two young, stud boundary corners, you can kick Jonathan Jones back into slot, or even have him play some deep safety, and Marcus Jones can play some good slot as well.
Maybe but a couple WRs just went

Kingsley Suamataia is still available.

It's a close call, but in my opinion I'd prefer to go with him at #34, then WR at #68.
Is he or Rosengarten worth that spot though? I feel like they’re more late round 2/3 value.

In this scenario, I’d rather get the WR down. We can draft a more developmental tackle prospect in round 3/4, and put a major focus on the position next year in the draft.

I would have liked to see the Pats trade up from #34 into the first, but they didn't have anything to offer.

The only way the Patriots could have done that was if they traded down from #3 first.
That didn't happen, so they had no ammo to move up.
Oh of course they did, they have future picks.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back