PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FA Targets - available at a reasonable price

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I think we should take a look at these guys who can be had at a good price

TE - Brandon Pettigrew. He's a solid blocking back who can be a red-zone threat. He can compliment Gronk and if he's out he can provide us a poor man's Gronk.

FS - Kendrick Lewis, phsycial safety who's solid against the run (if Wilson is cut)

WR - James Jones - good size can play on the outside.

G - Willie Colon, he's older, but we only need a year or two out of him

Everson Griffen won't break the bank as a pass rusher either

TE - Brandon Pettigrew. He's a solid blocking back who can be a red-zone threat. He can compliment Gronk and if he's out he can provide us a poor man's Gronk.

FS - Kendrick Lewis, phsycial safety who's solid against the run (if Wilson is cut)

I have some interest in these mid-level UFAs –

- James Jones, WR
- Andre Roberts, WR
- Brandon LaFell, WR
- Danario Alexander, WR*
- Kenny Britt, WR*
- Garrett Graham, TE
- Scott Chandler, TE
- Dustin Keller, TE*
- J'Marcus Webb, OT
- Marshall Newhouse, OT
- Jamon Meredith, OG
- Eben Britton, OG
- Evan Dietrich-Smith, OC
- Everson Griffen, DE
- Robert Ayers, DE
- Anthony Spencer, DE*
- Matt Shaughnessy, DE
- Pat Sims, DT
- Ziggy Hood, DT
- Vaughn Martin, DT
- D'Qwell Jackson, LB
- Jon Beason, LB
- Pat Angerer, LB*
- Captain Munnerlyn, DB
- Terrell Thomas, DB*
- Louis Delmas, DB*
- Stevie Brown, DB*
- Michael Mitchell, DB
- Nick Collins, DB*

*Health dependent

I think ASJ is going to be miles better than Pettigrew. For FA's, I would rather Pitta or Chandler. Lewis is more of a run defender than anything. I would rather draft a safety prospect. Still, I would probably take Lewis over Gregory and definitely over Adrian Wilson. I would be fine with Colon and would love it if the team signed James Jones.

Brandon Pettigrew is a classic under-achiever who has yet to do anything significant in the NFL I would rather Daniel Graham at this point thats how much I cannot stand Pettigrew. He has been pretty mediocre to this point...how is he a RZ threat when he only has 16TD's in six years that averages 3 a year? I don't think that counts as a threat.

I think ASJ is going to be miles better than Pettigrew. For FA's, I would rather Pitta or Chandler. Lewis is more of a run defender than anything. I would rather draft a safety prospect. Still, I would probably take Lewis over Gregory and definitely over Adrian Wilson. I would be fine with Colon and would love it if the team signed James Jones.

The Ravens are going to resign Dennis Pitta...Huge fan of Scott Chandler I hope BB is too he always plays good against us.

The Ravens are going to resign Dennis Pitta...Huge fan of Scott Chandler I hope BB is too he always plays good against us.

I would rather target a TE in the draft, if anything. I was just saying that, if they are going to go the FA route, those two are who I would hope they target.

I would rather target a TE in the draft, if anything. I was just saying that, if they are going to go the FA route, those two are who I would hope they target.

The are going be in postion to get a TE they really like...I don't see a significant dropoff after the First Two.

I want Jeremy Maclin!

Didn't Dustin Keller sign a multi year deal in Miami last season?

I have some interest in these mid-level UFAs –

- James Jones, WR
- Andre Roberts, WR
- Brandon LaFell, WR
- Danario Alexander, WR*
- Kenny Britt, WR*
- Garrett Graham, TE
- Scott Chandler, TE
- Dustin Keller, TE*
- J'Marcus Webb, OT
- Marshall Newhouse, OT
- Jamon Meredith, OG
- Eben Britton, OG
- Evan Dietrich-Smith, OC
- Everson Griffen, DE

- Robert Ayers, DE
- Anthony Spencer, DE*
- Matt Shaughnessy, DE
- Pat Sims, DT
- Ziggy Hood, DT
- Vaughn Martin, DT
- D'Qwell Jackson, LB
- Jon Beason, LB
- Pat Angerer, LB*
- Captain Munnerlyn, DB
- Terrell Thomas, DB*
- Louis Delmas, DB*
- Stevie Brown, DB*
- Michael Mitchell, DB
- Nick Collins, DB*

*Health dependent

Good solid list. I'd rather have Manny Sanders than James Jones, personally. Never been a Jones fan - think his skill set matches Rogers better than Brady.

I'd add Wesley Woodyard LB to that list. he's rumored to be hitting FA and he can really move - was limited last year with a stinger.

Also add Brian de la Puente C...very solid.

Didn't Dustin Keller sign a multi year deal in Miami last season?

No it was a one year "prove it" type dealeroo.

Which is why he was so bummed at having a potentially career ending or limiting injury.

Good solid list. I'd rather have Manny Sanders than James Jones, personally. Never been a Jones fan - think his skill set matches Rogers better than Brady.

I'd add Wesley Woodyard LB to that list. he's rumored to be hitting FA and he can really move - was limited last year with a stinger.

I would love to have Sanders, my thought is that if Maclin, Cooper, Tate, and Boldin all resign with their teams as rumored Sanders would be the best Y/Z WR on the market, with Decker, Nicks and Jones all being X WRs. With that considered I expect him to receive $5M like Cooper received, he is a very good receiver and the only reason the Steelers are letting him test the market is because he is so similar to Brown in how he plays so his value is not as high to them. I see Sanders as a young Deion Branch with more speed who would fit perfectly into this offense. I am hopeful that Boyce can be that player as well and that is another reason I am not all in on Sanders.

I would also love to have Wesley Woodyard, I actually love that you mentioned him because I over looked him. He is exactly the type of player we need on this team, he is excellent on special teams but can contribute just as much on defense. We have way too many players on this team like Chris White who can only give us value on special teams, I would much rather have a Woodyard who can do both.

One name I left out is Thomas Decoud who I also would take a look at.

I would love to have Sanders, my thought is that if Maclin, Cooper, Tate, and Boldin all resign with their teams as rumored Sanders would be the best Y/Z WR on the market, with Decker, Nicks and Jones all being X WRs. With that considered I expect him to receive $5M like Cooper received, he is a very good receiver and the only reason the Steelers are letting him test the market is because he is so similar to Brown in how he plays so his value is not as high to them. I see Sanders as a young Deion Branch with more speed who would fit perfectly into this offense. I am hopeful that Boyce can be that player as well and that is another reason I am not all in on Sanders.

I would also love to have Wesley Woodyard, I actually love that you mentioned him because I over looked him. He is exactly the type of player we need on this team, he is excellent on special teams but can contribute just as much on defense. We have way too many players on this team like Chris White who can only give us value on special teams, I would much rather have a Woodyard who can do both.

One name I left out is Thomas Decoud who I also would take a look at.

The Steelers have said they want bigger receivers, and the rumor is that they're keeping Cotchery and letting Sanders walk. I don't think he'll be as expensive as Edelman, as he had a meh year last year - clearly overlapping with AB, who is Ben's favorite. The Steelers certainly wish they had let Sanders walk to NE last year!

And yeah, Woodyard is all over the field when he's healthy. I'd grab him in a heartbeat. he and Angerer are two players who suffered from injury and became forgotten guys on their squads and I don't think either are quite done yet.

Is DeCoud on the market?

???

Angerer sucks.

I dont think drafting a TE negates the need for a Vet TE.

Otherwise week one you might be giving Brady a rookie TE and Whoman if Gronk is not ready week one. Not the end of the world but after last year I think we should be sure to have a more polished TE in the passing game to back up Gronk.

Belichick prefers veterans in this offense, I think. we went through too many growing pains last year with dobson, etc., so if a guy like Chandler is available at a reasonable price I can see them headed in that direction instead. Signing chandler will give the pats some flexibility to go defense in round 1 and a center in round 2 (Travis Swanson).

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back