PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FA Targets - available at a reasonable price

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno man we didn't have the number 1 offense last year. anything less then the number 1 offense is crisis mode now a days.

obviously the patriots should have offered sanders 6 million a year instead of 3, Given welker a 6 year 48 million dollar contract(full guarenteed) and traded 4 first round picks to Detroit for Calvin johnson.

Sarcasm aside, even if they did the above dues would still be pissed off because they didnt make an offer to the saints for JG
Words cannot describe how happy I would be to have a top 5 ranked O, a top 5 ranked D and a top 5 ranked ST unit. That's modern day NFL nirvana for me. 3 units pushing NFL elitism.

Thompkins' spot?

With Amendola, Edelman (or replacement) and Dobson, it is the backup WR spot (the #4 or #5 spot) that Thompkins is competing for, and is likely (IMHO) to get. I understand that he may get competition from Harrison, a late draftee or from a low-level free agent.

So, I don't see the concern about OBVIOUS immediate improvement. I think Thompkins is well qualified to compete the backup WR spot.

That's all fine and dandy, but you're also talking about a guy who wasn't playing the role of WR4/WR5 last season either. In other words, my comment of "needing obvious immediate improvement" is still quite valid.

Whether you choose to view it as player specific or team/general, we cannot have that kind of production (or lack thereof) again.

As I already stated, if Thompkins is going to win the depth spot of WR4-WR5, then that's fine with me; just as long as we don't see too much of him on the field next year, like we did this year. If Belichick believes that he's shown enough to warrant making the team again, then good for him. We still need to have more competition regardless. That WR4/WR5 spot can quickly turn into something different should an injury or two arise.

Either way you look at it, Kenbrell Thompkins is hardly anything of a lock--and that is the overall point. I highly doubt that ALL 3 of last year's rookies will make the team, and considering that we've allocated a 2nd/4th who have much higher upside than Thompkins, he's on the bubble in my opinion. Who knows though? It's all just speculation from our personal opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back