PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FA WR Donald Jones (Bills) visiting with the Patriots today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh........

Donald Jones, WR, Buffalo Bills, NFL - CBSSports.com

"Jones, who was placed on the non-football/illness list with an unknown ailment late last season, finished his best season in the league, totaling 41 catches for 443 yards and four touchdowns. He has told reporters in the past that he has played with this medical condition his entire career and it won't keep him from playing in 2013."

vaginal itch is readily treated these days

Sorry, but I have no faith given their history that the Patriots will sign impact players given their history.

Look at how those "impact players" have fared with your Jets team

Or he could be the next David Givens. Donald Jones was a rising property before he tore his ACL. The guy has a lot of talent that might have been held back by a mediocre QB.

when did he tear his ACL?

I read of some other medical condition, but not an ACL

I'm glad the Pats are after Don Jones.Reminds me of the good old day of Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel.:rolleyes:

This must drive Brady f'n nuts to work with a boat load low talent half wits lames every year to find out the only talent they have is lineup right once in a while.

I never seen a team so piss poor about finding outside talent on offense or defense.

Brady has Gronk, Hernandez, Llyod and Amendola. The pats decided to spent quite a bit of money resigning Gronk & Hernandez. I don't see them spending 9-11 million on a wide receiver.

when did he tear his ACL?

I read of some other medical condition, but not an ACL

I thought it was his ACL, but you are right. It was another unspecified illness.

Brady has Gronk, Hernandez, Llyod and Amendola. The pats decided to spent quite a bit of money resigning Gronk & Hernandez. I don't see them spending 9-11 million on a wide receiver.

they could dump lloyd and put the $$ towards a better WR, but at this point, jennings is the only big name left out there

Who says D-Jones is going to be a starter? Might just be a dept player or who knows if he even makes the team. Really hope Pats try to get DHB if he'll come cheap. Has the kind of speed that we need.

they could dump lloyd and put the $$ towards a better WR, but at this point, jennings is the only big name left out there

They could but I just don't see the Pats spending the money. My best guess is they spend the money on defense (CB, Safety). However, the offense would be pretty sick with the addition of Jennings.

Hopefully they also bring in David Nelson and Heyward-Bey for a look.

Sorry, but I have no faith given their history that the Patriots will sign impact players given their history.

Because the Pats never sign guys like Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, Rosie Colvin or Adalius Thomas. They never trade picks for guys like Randy Moss, Wes Welker, or Ted Washington. :rolleyes:

I'm glad the Pats are after Don Jones.Reminds me of the good old day of Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel.:rolleyes:

This must drive Brady f'n nuts to work with a boat load low talent half wits lames every year to find out the only talent they have is lineup right once in a while.

I never seen a team so piss poor about finding outside talent on offense or defense.

Clearly you've never watched the Bills, Redskins, Browns, or Lions.

Here is Scout Inc's take on him:

Jones, a former college free agent, is coming off his most productive season of his career. He has good size, athleticism and strength. He isn't explosive but has deceptive speed and quickness as a route runner. He has reliable hands in traffic and is a willing blocker on the perimeter. He was a pleasant surprise in 2012 as the Bills' fourth-leading receiver and fourth-leading touchdown maker.

NFL Free-Agent Tracker - ESPN

Another undrafted guy? Smh

Undrafted can simply mean misjudged.

Welker, Woodhead, and Amendola are all undrafted. Brady was only ~20 picks away from being undrafted. Cruz is undrafted. Foster is undrafted. Plenty of well known players were skipped in the draft, doesn't mean they're less talented.

You must not watch a lot of football. Donald Jones is a pretty good player. He might have been our #2 last year. He's faster than Lloyd, has good hands, decent size, and was an ascending player before an injury. Exactly the kind of guy you sign instead of dropping $12 million on Mike Wallace.

You must not watch a lot of football. Donald Jones is a pretty good player. He might have been our #2 last year. He's faster than Lloyd, has good hands, decent size, and was an ascending player before an injury. Exactly the kind of guy you sign instead of dropping $12 million on Mike Wallace.

Can he stay on his feet after he catches the ball? Just wondering.

Ive been calling for this guy to bring in as a solid guy to bring in for camp.

Bill loves guys that perform well against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe