PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flip the Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I'm honestly hoping for a very aggressive defense with press coverage. I don't think we've been holding enough. Jc Jackson and Gilmore should be holding as much as possible as well as Jones. It seems like jc Jackson's penalities are down lately. Is he getting respect or not being as grabby? They can't call everything! We need more twists on the rush. We aren't beating people straight up.

Offensively we better not see any of that single set back by Sony. can't run out of it. Throw in a 6 o-line run package. Let's limit the trickery. Can I see a darn rub route to get people open in man coverage? Miami killed us with rub routes. What happened to the pony set?

If the physicality isn't ratcheted up it's going to be game over.

I'm hoping for some definitive packages and setting the tone rather than feeling the opponent out. It's a gamble.

I'd rather go down fighting than rushing 3 or 4 and watching the others get roasted. Blitz, wacky d formation, anything is better than that soft zone crap they were playing Sunday.

Same formula. Lean on D/ST to carry the day because the O is a finished product.

It's going to be bend but don't break Saturday night...

I'm not feeling good about this Pat's team, I think they go out like a lamb to slaughter. On offense, they literally have ZERO explosiveness (Belichick's fault). On defense, they have gotten worse as the year went on, struggling against even bad teams (1st half Bengals game, 2nd half Dolphins game). This is a team with ZERO swagger, the boogeymen are now a distant memory.

I hope and pray I'm wrong, but I get a 2010 feeling about this team. Which really would suck, because Belichick's horrid drafting has killed this offense and is the reason why they are struggling (and Brady's subpar play). Only weapons they have are Edelman & White, if Tennessee focuses on those two guys, Brady will struggle, because he keys in on those guys, despite OTHER guys being open elsewhere. Look at the pick six, Sanu was WIDE open over the middle, and it seems like Brady even looked that way, decided to throw to Rowe (not on purpose obviously).

They’re not going heavily to press man against Tannehill. So you’re in for some frustrating times on Saturday night.

Pretty much impossible to gauge this team. The drop-off from the Buffalo game to last week was mystifying. I think they could lose Saturday or win by two touchdowns.

Hoping they will flip the switch on Tennessee's headsets, and also the stadium clock.

Hoping they will flip the switch on Tennessee's headsets, and also the stadium clock.

Not much chance of this happening, as the NFL controls all of that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe