PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some OL chatter

I am going to keep saying it. Play Calvin Anderson but at his natural LT.

With Onwenu, Reiff, and Strange still out, here’s the lineup the way it should be:

Anderson-Sow-Andrews-Mafi (should be Hines)-Brown.

Not continuing Sow in training camp at the position he played the last three years—LG—especially when Strange went down almost immediately was a Dang Coaching Mistake.

Then having RG Chasen Hines try it out at LG was another DCM. Dude was finally healthy but was put out of position. And he could have been our backup center. And also should still be on our roster as the RG in Onwenu’s absence. Hines was LSU’s starting RG for a couple of seasons. But with injuries in the pros, Belichick just sort of tossed him aside.

For what?

No need to draft Jake the Snake Andrews when we did.

Or Cole Strange. Another draft reach. We already had our LG in Isaiah Wynn. Or should have.

But there was a shout from the rooftops to draft RT. Ohio State’s mammoth and current nfl starter, DAWAND JONES, was still available.

What a colossal blunder! Just unimaginable from a guy most consider the goat.

Last edited:
I am going to keep saying it. Play Calvin Anderson but at his natural LT.

With Onwenu, Reiff, and Strange still out, here’s the lineup the way it should be:

Anderson-Sow-Andrews-Mafi (should be Hines)-Brown.

Not continuing Sow in training camp at the position he played the last three years—LG—especially when Strange went down almost immediately was a Dang Coaching Mistake.

Then having RG Chasen Hines try it out at LG was another DCM. Dude was finally healthy but was put out of position. And he could have been our backup center. And also should still be on our roster as the RG in Onwenu’s absence. Hines was LSU’s starting RG for a couple of seasons. But with injuries in the pros, Belichick just sort of tossed him aside.

For what?

No need to draft Jake the Snake Andrews when we did.

Or Cole Strange. Another draft reach. We already had our LG in Isaiah Wynn. Or should have.

But there was a shout from the rooftops to draft RT. Ohio State’s mammoth and current nfl starter, DAWAND JONES, was still available.

What a colossal blunder! Just unimaginable from a guy most consider the goat.

Yeah I also think it’s time to see what Mister Anderson - if fully healthy - can provide us at LT while Brown stabilizes the RT spot… I feel the dropoff from Brown to Anderson won’t be as severe as the gain from VD Low to Brown will be.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back