PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent WR's

tag Higgins (at a projected F $21,664,000; T $19,398,000) when they are looking at both JaMarr Chase free agency in 2025 (though they will get a reprieve because they will exercise his fifth year option) & the big dollars in the Burrow contract kicking in at the same time? Thats steep... but crazier things have happened

hes done crap in baltimore
He makes about 2,3 caches a game. More than he did here.

Henry is a must.

Others I don't care about tbh
Again.. goes back to the IF factor does HH want to remain here?.. it's fair to raise these questions.

Don't remind us. :(
I told my man Pape he's like a cat.. landed on his feet after stealing millions from NE.. his team is #1 in the AFC and likely superbowl bound.. he's laughing all the way to the bank courtesy of HOF GM bill.

Again.. goes back to the IF factor does HH want to remain here?.. it's fair to raise these questions.
look, i get it... i got it the first two times you've said it... but to answer your question - Yes, I think he wants to be here.

tag Higgins (at a projected F $21,664,000; T $19,398,000) when they are looking at both JaMarr Chase free agency in 2025 (though they will get a reprieve because they will exercise his fifth year option) & the big dollars in the Burrow contract kicking in at the same time? Thats steep... but crazier things have happened

hes done crap in baltimore
OK, some team may decide that Higgens is worth a 1st and $20M. I suspect that it won't be the patriots. Even if we were willing, others might outbid us.

I told my man Pape he's like a cat.. landed on his feet after stealing millions from NE.. his team is #1 in the AFC and likely superbowl bound.. he's laughing all the way to the bank courtesy of HOF GM bill.
Henry is good I think he'll draw some interest in FA from a Team who needs a solid TE. We are one of those Teams.

look, i get it... i got it the first two times you've said it... but to answer your question - Yes, I think he wants to be here.
Ok.. good glad you understand where I'm coming from. You have to factor that people live in the past too much here don't be one of them. You know how I always roll with you my man.

Henry is good I think he'll draw some interest in FA from a Team who needs a solid TE. We are one of those Teams.
No doubt he is good. I hope he wants to stay here. He's a dam good TE in this league.

No doubt he is good. I hope he wants to stay here. He's a dam good TE in this league.
Penix Jr or Bo Nix with a laser down the seams to Henry I like the sound of that. :cool:

Ok.. good glad you understand where I'm coming from. You have to factor that people live in the past too much here don't be one of them. You know how I always roll with you my man.
I do understand ... but here's the thing

We've had a few rough years after two decades of Highs... But d%#*!@t man, we are still the 6 Time World Champion New England Patriots... The team is not the Patriots of old who were also-rans and afterthoughts after a few peak seasons... We may not be number 1 anymore, but don't do us the disservice by lumping us back in with the Cardinals and their ilk

my 2¢

He makes about 2,3 caches a game. More than he did here.
he is right on target to basically equal +/- a few catches what he produced here under Matt Patricia... Only real difference is they are paying him what he's worth & we severely over paid for his services... god i hated that pick up... every one else i was pretty good with, but i knew that one was going to blow up in our faces

YE7wE6c.jpg

Last edited:
OK, some team may decide that Higgens is worth a 1st and $20M. I suspect that it won't be the patriots. Even if we were willing, others might outbid us.
I think it's going to depend on who is doing the team building. If it's a young guy without a ton of job security, he might be willing to overspend on Higgins to help out a high pick rookie QB, to try to jumpstart the offense.

I think it's going to depend on who is doing the team building. If it's a young guy without a ton of job security, he might be willing to overspend on Higgins to help out a high pick rookie QB, to try to jumpstart the offense.
And that's what we want we have outbid for the talent and not sit on our hands. We have to change with this current league the Bargain basement getting something for nothing league is no more.

I do understand ... but here's the thing

We've had a few rough years after two decades of Highs... But d%#*!@t man, we are still the 6 Time World Champion New England Patriots... The team is not the Patriots of old who were also-rans and afterthoughts after a few peak seasons... We may not be number 1 anymore, but don't do us the disservice by lumping us back in with the Cardinals and their ilk

my 2¢
I tend to agree my friend. I wouldn't say we are the Cardinals. We still have a great ownership situation and stability.

We need a reset. Obviously the coaching situation is in limbo. Regardless here's what I believe the team will/should do.

Sign a bridge veteran, someone with pedigree . Trade Mac for low 5th. Draft a QB who's only lord knows! Add at least 2 impact WRS in FA.

On defense try to acquire Jhaire Alexander to pair with gonzo at CB.

I would be happy with Higgins, Pittman Jr., and Ridley. They probably will need to overpay to add one but the Pats have a lot of cap space. I hope whoever replaces Belichick is ready to throw big contracts around.

If Belichick stays then I don’t see any of those guys in our price range. If Bill stays I think you will see him add pass rushers at DT, DE or OlB, add some guards in free agency then solve QB and Tackle in the draft.

It will be interesting to see who is tagged.

Hmmmm, not so sure about that. Seems he's done less yardage and catch wise in Baltimore.
I know.. I was just making light of how he did nothing here or pretty much the same in Baltimore however he gained becuase he stole $$ here, and he landed on his feet with a contender.

I would be happy with Higgins, Pittman Jr., and Ridley. They probably will need to overpay to add one but the Pats have a lot of cap space. I hope whoever replaces Belichick is ready to throw big contracts around.

If Belichick stays then I don’t see any of those guys in our price range. If Bill stays I think you will see him add pass rushers at DT, DE or OlB, add some guards in free agency then solve QB and Tackle in the draft.

It will be interesting to see who is tagged.
We need 3 OT's and 2 QB's. These needs cannot be solved in the draft.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back