PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From PFT: Raiders in pursuit of McNabb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have another one, you might actually believe yourself.
You're the one claiming the Patriots were offered this year's #1 from the Raiders. Give us a good reason to believe you or crawl into your little hole.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Anyway.

Schefter reporting that the Eagles are dangling Asomugha for McNabb.

Robbing the Defense to set up the Offense.

I think they lose more games w/o Aso than they lose w/o McNabb.

A quick google and wow some details of the trade...

Davis reveals trade's details

Sorry it's from Al, I don't feel like searching for BB's interview or press conference where he discussed it.

As I said pay more attention!
The reading impaired like to read :

"“They changed the deal a little bit,” Davis said, “and then they gave me the opportunity to make my choice on draft choices. As you well know, in 2010 we have a first, second, two thirds, a fourth and two fifths. We have a lot of choices. I said, ‘I’ll go with the (No.) 1 in 2011.’"

as some kind of evidence that just because the Raiders had a #1 in 2010 that we could have chosen to take it but that is not stated here.

The reading impaired like to read :

"“They changed the deal a little bit,” Davis said, “and then they gave me the opportunity to make my choice on draft choices. As you well know, in 2010 we have a first, second, two thirds, a fourth and two fifths. We have a lot of choices. I said, ‘I’ll go with the (No.) 1 in 2011.’"

as some kind of evidence that just because the Raiders had a #1 in 2010 that we could have chosen to take it but that is not stated here.

Whatever they want to read. It is what it is. And suddenly we don't have any more smart ass comments. Funny how that works. :cool:

A quick google and wow some details of the trade...

Davis reveals trade's details

Sorry it's from Al, I don't feel like searching for BB's interview or press conference where he discussed it.

As I said pay more attention!

Not for nothing, but I just read the article and where in the article does it actually state that BB was offered the Raiders #2 in 2010 or #1 in 2011, I don't see it.

From everything I've heard, I heard BB had his choice, it was a #1 this year or next year and BB decided to go with the 2011 simply due to financial reasons. Do I have a link? NO, do you have a link about the #1 or #2, No by all accounts and all I'm saying is if the pick was turned down this year for simply financial reasons, that a McNabb deal could take what would have been a #8 pick and convert that into a #20-24 pick in 2011. That team is one good QB away from being pretty decent. So BelichickFan, why don't you crawl back into your own damn hole you freakin homer !

Last edited:
Anyway.

Schefter reporting that the Eagles are dangling Asomugha for McNabb.

Robbing the Defense to set up the Offense.

I think they lose more games w/o Aso than they lose w/o McNabb.

I'm not sure who Asomugha's replacement would then be, but McNabb is a huge upgrade at the QB position for them. It's hard to see them not improving by adding McNabb, even if it means giving up Asomugha, who is a beast.

Not for nothing, but I just read the article and where in the article does it actually state that BB was offered the Raiders #2 in 2010 or #1 in 2011, I don't see it.

From everything I've heard, I heard BB had his choice, it was a #1 this year or next year and BB decided to go with the 2011 simply due to financial reasons. Do I have a link? NO, do you have a link about the #1 or #2, No by all accounts and all I'm saying is if the pick was turned down this year for simply financial reasons, that a McNabb deal could take what would have been a #8 pick and convert that into a #20-24 pick in 2011. That team is one good QB away from being pretty decent. So BelichickFan, why don't you crawl back into your own damn hole you freakin homer !

Except you STILL have no evidence that what you're saying is true either. You've taken the fact that there's no definitive proof that we were offered #2 this year or #1 next year, and somehow twisting that into proof that we could have had the #1 this year. There's nothing to suggest that (other than what you've "heard"), so it's not a valid complaint.

You are the one making the claim that we were offered the 2010 #1. Go ahead and show us the evidence, we'll admit you're right and I will admit we should have taken that. Until you find the evidence, what you have to say is useless; it's usually not possible to prove a negative, I can't prove it wasn't offered but until you can prove it was you should quit slamming the Patriots for not taking an offer you can't show was ever available.

You are the one making the claim that we were offered the 2010 #1. Go ahead and show us the evidence, we'll admit you're right and I will admit we should have taken that. Until you find the evidence, what you have to say is useless; it's usually not possible to prove a negative, I can't prove it wasn't offered but until you can prove it was you should quit slamming the Patriots for not taking an offer you can't show was ever available.

BelichickFan, no problem at all. Look all I am saying is that no one can prove whether BB turned down the #1 this year and chose to put it off to 2011 or not. I am simply saying that for the sake of argument, let's assume that BB had his choice. Knowing BB and the Pats, wouldn't it make sense for them to do this knowing that there was a good chance they wouldn't have to pay a higher priced top 10 next year vs this year based on the current labor situation?

Problem with this, is the fact that you can't always bank on the Raiders being crappy, it just takes one trade from Crazy Al for a legitmate QB (as is being discussed here) and all of a sudden the #8 this year looks a whole lot better than a potential #22 or lower next year. All money concerns aside.

Did BB purposely turn down Oakland's #1 this year and put it off until 2011 ? Maybe, maybe not, I wouldn't put it past him. Again if anyone knows what really happened relative to what the Pats were truly offered by Crazy Al, I would like to know, I haven't found anything on it.

Last edited:
BelichickFan, no problem at all. Look all I am saying is that no one can prove whether BB turned down the #1 this year and chose to put it off to 2011 or not. I am simply saying that for the sake of argument, let's assume that BB had his choice. Knowing BB and the Pats, wouldn't it make sense for them to do this knowing that there was a good chance they wouldn't have to pay a higher priced top 10 next year vs this year based on the current labor situation?

Problem with this, is the fact that you can't always bank on the Raiders being crappy, it just takes one trade from Crazy Al for a legitmate QB (as is being discussed here) and all of a sudden the #8 this year looks a whole lot better than a potential #22 or lower next year. All money concerns aside.

Did BB purposely turn down Oakland's #1 this year and put it off until 2011 ? Maybe, maybe not, I wouldn't put it past him. Again if anyone knows what really happened relative to what the Pats were truly offered by Crazy Al, I would like to know, I haven't found anything on it.

Haha, what?

You know what, you're right. And since no one can prove that BB didn't turn down Asomugha, the Raiders next three #1 picks, and Al Davis' wife in exchange for Richard Seymour, I'm just going to assume he did.

Another BB brain-fart indeed.

BelichickFan, no problem at all. Look all I am saying is that no one can prove whether BB turned down the #1 this year and chose to put it off to 2011 or not. I am simply saying that for the sake of argument, let's assume that BB had his choice.

No, you are stating a fact that Belichick could have had the #1 this year :

Another BB Brain Fart, outsmarted himself again !

IMO, this whole thread is mute because:

1. McNabb is not going to extend with a team like Oakland
2. Oakland is not going to give up a high draft pick for a player that won't extend and...
3. McNabb has a no franchise clause in his current contract

Last edited:

2. Oakland is not going to give up a high draft pick for a player that won't extend and...

You would be right in the case of any other franchise, but Oakland has shown that when they want a player, they go out and get him and don't care if he wants to go to them or not. I don't know if number 3 is right or not, but number 2 is 100% wrong, and im sure if the Raiders gave Mcnabb an offer he can't refuse he would extend.

Also, Schefter is now saying that the Raiders are the favs :(

Last edited:

Moot

10char

Last edited:
You guys can get off the ledge now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes