PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez #77 on NFLN's Top 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even I don't know what's going on here and I'm usually the one considered the troll. Let's all stop talking about sb46 it's Friday, no need to dampen the mood :D
Thought was your area of expertise...

Just checked in, haven't read all the posts but by the "Branch drop" you guys are talking about, I assume you mean in the end of SB46.

Yes, it was indeed behind him. But that is because Branch was leading Brady into a game ending interception. Instead of slowing down and being wide open for an easy completion, Branch went full speed right into a Giants LB's zone in what would have been an easy interception.

Brady knew his time was about up in the pocket and tried to rocket it to where Branch should have been easing into in the zone so he'd get the completion and not the INT.

If Branch had played that better, Bradys throw would have been perfectly on time, splitting the zone.

Lemme set the stage for you for some perspective-

It's the final minute of The Super Bowl. One final drive. It's do or die time. Put up or shut up time. All those plays in his backyard were in anticipation of this exact scenario.

You can NOT drop the ball. Let me repeat that...

You can NOT, that's NOTTTT drop the fricking ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Tom Brady throws you the ball in the perfect place for you to catch it, you can NOT NOT catch it.

Again, it's the final drive of The Super Bowl. Ya got 52 seconds left & 1 timeout. Ya need a farking touchdown & you're on your own 20.

He's a choker. I stand by it. I can forgive Branch's drop on the previous play. Know why? It was slightly deflected & he was already Super Bowl 39 MVP anyway, that's why. I can forgive Wes' too because, well, he's White Wes Welker. They have credibility to fall back on. Hernadez doesn't.

The chump showed what he was made of. There was something deep inside of him that made him drop that ball. It comes down to inner psychological makeup but that's a topic too entailed to put across on a football board.

It's the last minute of The Super Bowl. Your team needs a touchdown. The ball is thrown right into the catching triangle of your connected hands and it slips through and onto the ground.

If that's not a choker, nothing is.

CHOKE.

I haven't read all the pages of the thread and I'm sure someone has already bit into you for how absurd that is.

Where was this choking on the game winning TD against Dallas?

Point of the matter is this is silly. Whether he is a clutch player or not at this point we can't say one way or another. PLUS it was probably better that he dropped that. What would it be a 10 yard gain with 15 sec. off the clock?

I haven't read all the pages of the thread and I'm sure someone has already bit into you for how absurd that is.

Where was this choking on the game winning TD against Dallas?

Point of the matter is this is silly. Whether he is a clutch player or not at this point we can't say one way or another. PLUS it was probably better that he dropped that. What would it be a 10 yard gain with 15 sec. off the clock?

Actually, nobody bit into me or used an adjective comparable to your choice of absurd.
Everyone was having a good time with it, no matter which side of the fence they resided.

There's always one though.
The fact the thread didn't turn into something flippant was a win for all involved.

The fact the thread didn't turn into something flippant was a win for all involved.

welp...NOW it has....

images

This is definitely in the running for wierdest thread of all time...

This is definitely in the running for wierdest thread of all time...

See the lengths I havta go thru jus' ta get yer attention? You ignore me mosta time. I still wanna know wat sumone callin' you "DI" the other day was sasposta mean. "Defensive Indifference" for stealing second base er sumpthin'?

Never mind. This is definitely the wierdest thread of all time. Now it looks like we have the makings of a nice flame war. Hernandez should be proud of what he spawned.

Yeah I saw Jackson2 and Brady2Moss going at it with each other on another thread about a week ago. One of them had the best comeback line I'd ever seen on the internet. I can't remember which one it was tho.

This was a weird, yet great thread, either way. I had a good time today. Sumtimes it's good to post outside the box, so to speak. Breaks up the offseason monotony as we're frozen in suspended animation hibernation.
Maybe this thread was just one big collective dream by everyone who partook.

Yeah I saw Jackson2 and Brady2Moss going at it with each other on another thread about a week ago. One of them had the best comeback line I'd ever seen on the internet. I can't remember which one it was tho.

This was a weird, yet great thread, either way. I had a good time today. Sumtimes it's good to post outside the box, so to speak. Breaks up the offseason monotony as we're frozen in suspended animation hibernation.
Maybe this thread was just one big collective dream by everyone who partook.
I guarantee it was me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back