PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many people here are nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst case is Mike Kensil lurks on the sideline and.....

You don't need to worry about that.

Last I heard he was on a special project from the Omissioner and trying to get a developmental league started in Borneo.

Oh we are definitely spoiled by our riches. No doubt about that, but that's what also has me concerned........letting another prime opportunity slip away. If the Pats do end up losing this game (which could happen since the Steelers are a worthy opponent), that means the Pats will be 2-4 in those 6 championship games you referenced. I don't want that to happen, so yes, that has me a bit nervous.
Not to mention the fact that in your scenario, they'd have been to the AFCCG six straight times (4 at home) and would only have come away with a single Lombardi trophy. Those wasted opportunities at such a critical stage are frustrating, to say the least.

I'm nervous as hell. The Pats are playing for their season tomorrow, so regardless of opponent or anything else it would be hard not to be.
But not nervous like having to make a presentation to a large audience

It's more imaginary nervousness because you're not doing anything tomorrow but sitting in front of a television

Not to mention the fact that in your scenario, they'd have been to the AFCCG six straight times (4 at home) and would only have come away with a single Lombardi trophy. Those wasted opportunities at such a critical stage are frustrating, to say the least.

I'm definitely with you. Sometimes I try to keep it in perspective and remind myself that Bills fans and Browns fans would do anything for that 'problem'. It's tough though, I really want a three games to glory 5 blu ray.

I've found that openly admitting that I have some stage fright issues tends to help, and few think of it as a serious "weakness." It is situation-dependent, of course. I wouldn't recommend it for political speeches, etc.

I've found that openly admitting that I have some stage fright issues tends to help, and few think of it as a serious "weakness." It is situation-dependent, of course. I wouldn't recommend it for political speeches, etc.
I used to sweat. But I've been doing it a long time and one day I realized I'm pretty good at it. I can be pretty funny and people enjoy that.

I still feel a bit nervous but it goes away as soon as I start talking

i'm not nervous or anxious at all. very strange. i usually am nervous before the big game.

Nervous because: A) We will be facing the best O we've played all year. B) Brady hasn't been feeling well. C) I'm worried the D will struggle. D) If we get down early, the crowd won't pump up our guys.

It's more imaginary nervousness because you're not doing anything tomorrow but sitting in front of a television

For me the fact that we can't do anything but watch plays into the nervousness. Felt the same about sports teams I had been on in my youth. Watching a big game is so much worse that being part of it.

Nervous about what? Play well and advance to the SB........ Play badly and watch the Steelers go..... Life goes on ......and on...... and on........

Honestly, I'm nervous that I'm not nervous. The media has complained that we have had the easiest path to the superbowl and in my mind that includes the Steelers lol. If the Steelers manage to score a td maybe I'll start to sweat.

Nervous about what? Play well and advance to the SB........ Play badly and watch the Steelers go..... Life goes on ......and on...... and on........

I think there is a bit of wiggle room in what "being nervous" means.

I hope nobody here claims that they are as nervous as before a big job interview, health related incident or anything serious like that. But on the flipside I don't understand how you can be a fan of a sports team without some form of emotional attachment that would inevitably lead to a feeling of anticipation/anxiousness about it.

You started a journey with this team maybe 40 years ago, maybe 10 years ago or even just this season and want to see them succeed. There is nothing wrong "feeling" something about all of that.

For me the fact that we can't do anything but watch plays into the nervousness. Felt the same about sports teams I had been on in my youth. Watching a big game is so much worse that being part of it.
That's a very good point. I can understand nervousness due to the powerless nature of being a fan.

I think I was too hyped out to get nervous when I played sports. Even when I was injured and couldn't play, I hopped around screaming for my team

I wrestled in high school and waiting for my match was nerve racking. Especially if the guy was good

I used to sweat. But I've been doing it a long time and one day I realized I'm pretty good at it. I can be pretty funny and people enjoy that.

I still feel a bit nervous but it goes away as soon as I start talking

I do a LOT of public speaking, and to be perfectly honest, I'm really good at it (broadcast journalism background). But I'm always a bit nervous in the moments leading up to it, but once the first words are out of my mouth, it's pretty smooth sailing.

I do a LOT of public speaking, and to be perfectly honest, I'm really good at it (broadcast journalism background). But I'm always a bit nervous in the moments leading up to it, but once the first words are out of my mouth, it's pretty smooth sailing.
I used to try to memorize my presentation. Once I realized all I needed to do was be myself and have my own natural style that I began to enjoy it

Now I just wing it, but it's a prepared wing it

I woke up about 4 hours ago and every time I sit down my right leg starts bouncing like crazy. I guess that means I'm nervous.

This is a special day because I'm going to the game with my youngest son, a non-sports fan who's going to his 2nd Pats game ever and his first at Gillette.

I'm so excited ... and I just can't hide it ... I'm about to lose control and I think I like it (oh yeah)

GO PATS !!!

I used to try to memorize my presentation. Once I realized all I needed to do was be myself and have my own natural style that I began to enjoy it

Now I just wing it, but it's a prepared wing it

I used to speak to groups ranging from 50 to 500+ people. It's no big deal once you do it a couple of times. It's actually close to the same level I get to for a playoff game like tonight.

I'm only nervous because of Todger ****dell and his vendetta against the Greatest of All Time. Lose a football game? That's fine. But lose the chance to stick his ugly nose in his own crap? That would be bad.

According to Bob Ryan who was just on CSN "Brady has never really had that transcendent game" "They have been just good enough to win" lol.. ****in media.

He must have missed their win against Seattle where he dominated one of the best defense's in modern history. A transcendent game doesn't require monster stat, a great game against a great team that produces a championship meets the criteria.

I've been talking a big game about these Win Steaks I'm making. If they flop...I won't be able to live that down for a while. So yeah, I'm a little nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back