PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If this is Bill’s last season as HC, who do you want as a replacement?

Replying to OP’s list of candidates, or one in particular that made me lose my mind:
Ron Rivera would cause me to moth ball my Pats gear, like I did with my Red Sox (until the team is sold….& J Henry, take your wife with you!!) gear couple of years ago.
Sox being sold is a pipe dream so may as well toss my Jerseys.
The 4-world series wins after none since 1918 didn't do it for you?

Rex Ryan Its a no Brainuh, he's wicked good! :rofl:

i don't want to fire BB as a Coach necesseraly but i doubt BB is stepping down from GM duties and just coach. But he needs to be replaced as the GM, that is without a question. So in conclusion i think at some point BB will step down within 1-2 years. So these guys i would strongly consider.
Dude Vrabel plays with ****ing Tannehill.
Every great HC has had the most success with a great QB and they look average with crap qb's. How many playoff wins has BB won in the last 4 years? 0
So yeah BB ain't any better than Vrabel with mediocre qb right now
I don’t understand. You think that good (re:Vrabel) is defined as didn’t do much but has an excuse?
So you are going to ignore 20 years of success I’m out of 24 for belichick and say he’s the and as a guy who never had success? That’s idiotic.

I don’t understand. You think that good (re:Vrabel) is defined as didn’t do much but has an excuse?
what? How did you get this out of the post?
you said vrabel only had 2 playoff wins in 6 years as a counter argument against my wish for vrabel as a HC which was an example
then i said that bill has 0 wins in the last 4 years without brady
So your counterargument does not exist
So you are going to ignore 20 years of success I’m out of 24 for belichick and say he’s the and as a guy who never had success? That’s idiotic.

look at what vrabel does with the talent in tennessee and how they play competitive football, if you watch them play you'll know Vrabel is a good HC

I can't even think about this. I still haven't gotten over Tom's departure, which was announced on the same day Charlie Baker announced that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts was being locked down on Saint Patrick's Day. One of the worst days ever.

what? How did you get this out of the post?
you said vrabel only had 2 playoff wins in 6 years as a counter argument against my wish for vrabel as a HC which was an example
then i said that bill has 0 wins in the last 4 years without brady
So your counterargument does not exist

look at what vrabel does with the talent in tennessee and how they play competitive football, if you watch them play you'll know Vrabel is a good HC
You are saying you want to replace the winningest playoff and SB coach of all time because he hasn’t won a playoff game in 4 years and you want to replace him with a guy who won 2 in his life.

A good coach is not a coach who doesn’t accomplish much but you can make an excuse for him.

Hire a coach that refuses to punt on fourth down. I joke but part of me would respect the boldness. Win or go down in flames lol.
Only if the situation is right. Going for it from inside your own 30 isn't worth the gamble. Too much can go wrong.

How about the Bolts HC last week going for it on 4th and 4 from his own 25 WITH A 4 POINT LEAD!?! It was pure luck that Minny didn't win. That's the kind of guy I have faith that Kraft won't hire.

Give me Deion and see what happens. He'd be FA central for all players and we need a lot of them.

You are saying you want to replace the winningest playoff and SB coach of all time because he hasn’t won a playoff game in 4 years and you want to replace him with a guy who won 2 in his life.

A good coach is not a coach who doesn’t accomplish much but you can make an excuse for him.
Just give the coach the same respect that he gave the player most responsible for ANY of his Patriot rings. The same coach btw who's only playoff win without that player was 30 years ago and his last was a historic blowout loss.

For all you or anyone else knows the next guy could be better than Bill, who himself didn't come in with a great reputation.

I'd still like to kick it up a notch and see if Neon Deion would come here. He'd spike things up and fans would start tuning into his pressers. I'm sure the folks trying to make a living covering the team would like it too.

GO FOR IT BOB!

Sadly, while I have finally gotten on board with moving on, I fear it’ll be like moving on from Brady : a long wait before another true winner emerges.
I won't be seeing another title "live" but I really don't care. I'm so far ahead of most sports fans having lived for the Russell/ Red streak and the Brady/Bill run that right now, with all the winning and pressure games, I'm ready for a little fun. Bring on Deion.

You guys are taking this way too seriously. I'm just hoping it will be someone interesting., like...

Run it back with Bill. I think he’s learned his lesson for real this time, he’ll invest heavily in offense this off season.

Since Kliff Kingsbury worked out so well?
That’s literally the one guy who did t work out. Him and Staley.

How many crotchety 50 year old defensive coaches could I name you that didn’t pan out?

Mayo can stay as DC we are getting a top O guy without giving them the keys.
My whole condition with Mayo is exactly this.

Hire him with the idea he will bring on an entirely new staff and a new mentality of playing a modern style of football. Don’t hire him if he’s just going to do things Bill’s way. Otherwise, you may as well keep Bill.

Just give the coach the same respect that he gave the player most responsible for ANY of his Patriot rings. The same coach btw who's only playoff win without that player was 30 years ago and his last was a historic blowout loss.

For all you or anyone else knows the next guy could be better than Bill, who himself didn't come in with a great reputation.

I'd still like to kick it up a notch and see if Neon Deion would come here. He'd spike things up and fans would start tuning into his pressers. I'm sure the folks trying to make a living covering the team would like it too.

GO FOR IT BOB!
Brady chose to leave

Better than the best ever? Not likely.

Deion Sanders? Ok you’ve been moved into the category of nutcase, I’ll ignore your opinions from here on

But hey maybe if Deion isn’t available we could hire a Kardashian, that would seem to meet your criteria.

That’s literally the one guy who did t work out. Him and Staley.

How many crotchety 50 year old defensive coaches could I name you that didn’t pan out?
I’m waiting for you to name the ones that did work out.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back