PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

mgcolby's Score Predicter System Thread

Week 14 Results

Finally it has one of its big winning weeks. The picker showed some pride this week, letting everyone know its down but its not dead! It is trying to salvage its season and reputation. Fighting the odds it picked 11 winners against the spread. 13 QB's ended up playing this week that were backups to start the season. It's insane!

But it had some big boy calls this week as well. Some notables: Taking the points with Jets, Bears, Rams on the east coast against the Ravens, Bills beating the Chiefs out right, Dallas blowing out the Eagles, the Giants and Titans.

Good week, now the picker needs to keep it up for four more weeks. The numbers: 38 wins to get to 50% and 40 wins to get over the hump to 51% and 42 wins to get to the true winning requirement of 52%. Only 64 games left, the picker needs to head to the basement with a carton of non-filters, some hardcore Columbian er.. Coffee and some good ol' fashioned whiskey...to crunch some numbers!

major league baseball GIF

rachelphelpsloubrown-4219517952.jpg

Weekly Results
ATS: 11-3-1 79%
SU: 9-6 60%
O/U: 8-6-1 57%

2023_Week_14_Final.jpg

Last edited:
Week 15 Predictions

The Picker is back with some swag about itself coming off an 11-win week. We'll see if it lets one week's success go to its head. Last week it went big on the dogs and this week isn't much different. It likes 11 dogs this week out of 16 games. Once again, thinking it's a sharp! Hopefully it follows up on its success. Lets start stacking winning weeks and get back in the black!

As always, some picks that stood out to me:

Pit/Ind: The picker has this as a close one. I am not so sure I would take the points with the Steelers on the road the way Trubisky is playing. Then again the Colts just laid a Picker week 12 worthy steamer on the field against the Bengals. Maybe the picker is playing it safe on this one. Can't say I blame it, probably a no play for me.

Den/Det: This should be a good Saturday night cap. It likes the Broncos to go on the road and win outright. I like it! The Lions losers in 2 out of their last 3 to GB and Chicago. Coming off the Chicago thumping (hello Mr Chicago QB please keep playing well!) can they beat a Denver team who are winners in 6 out of their last 7 games with the lone hiccup against the Texans? I think they can. The Lions defense has been a sieve over the last four games allowing nearly 28ppg (27.8). Denver's offense hasn't been lighting it up scoring just under 23ppg (22.8) in its last four, but its defense has played solid ball holding their opponents to just 15.3ppg. I'm with the Picker here. The Donkeys on the moneyline!

Hou/Ten: Suddenly it's a Titans fan. Coming off its ballsy pick against Miami on Monday Night Football it now likes the Titans to hold court at home and beat the pesky Texans by less than 2.5 points. That is close considering Vegas has the line at 2. But it's making a bold call, the Titans at home -2. This could be a two score win for the Titans if Stroud can't go due to a concussion.

KC/NE: I think the Picker hit the aforementioned whiskey a bit hard on this one. A virtual tie? With the Chiefs? Well we know how the D has been playing and the Chiefs offense is struggling mightily averaging 21ppg over the last four, but only hitting that mark once three weeks ago against the Raiders. They failed to score 20 points in the other 3 games. Their defense has played well, so the question is can the Zappe led offense produce points two weeks in a row? I am on the fence here, tempted to agree with taking the 10 points.

NYJ/Mia: It must dislike fish or maybe it had its bell rung, no other explanation for this one. The Jetes on the road hanging with the Dolphins keeping it to a one score game. Tough to agree with this one. Although, it was right on both of these teams last week and I did not agree then either. Maybe it knows something we don't. Surely Rodgers must be starting right? Or does Hill mean that much to the offense? I guess we'll find out. I think I'll just puke up some of that whiskey rather than bet on this one.

SF/Ari: The Cardinals hanging with the 49ers? I don't see anything other than a blood bath for the birds.

Dal/Buf: It likes the Boys to go into normally frigid Buffalo and hang nearly 30 on the Bills. It is very possible. Either way Dallas getting points I'm all over it, but in this game I would lay my money on the dog to win outright. Buffalo is playing for its playoff life, just hard to pick them when all they really have here is home field and possibly the weather. As of now its calling for game temps in the mid 40's.

Phi/Sea: Philly heads to Seattle coming off two smack downs from teams it has to be able to beat in January and February to get back to the big dance. Good news for Philly they only have one decent opponent left to play (unless you believe in the Giants crime family). Bad news is, that opponent is this week on the road in the house of the 12th man. The Picker is calling for a virtual tie in this one. I think that is how this will play out. I like Seattle's chances here, especially if Geno plays. I think the picker will be right here taking the 3.5.

Season Record:
ATS: 63-71-6 46%
SU: 77-66 54%
O/U: 59-80-4 42%

2023_Week_15.jpg

Last edited:
Week 15 Results

****show returns. Travelling don't have time to update all of it but the wins listed on the bottom speak for themselves. Terrible.

Week_15_Final.jpg

Week 16 Picks
May come back Saturday and do a writeup, not sure. Travelling to Maine from VA for Christmas.

2023_Week_16.jpg

Will have this weeks picks out hopefully tonight. But pro-football-reference is blocking my web scraping so I can't update the stats from last week. Was traveling this week and just got home this evening. But I promise the picks will be out. I mean what else could you fade and get better results! Although it did pick some good ones last week. Went 3-0 on Monday picking all three dogs! It also had Carolina. It was a 10 win week. Week 15 pretty much assured the picker will have a losing season.

Anyway will hopefully update soon.

Reactions: Ian
Apologies for the delay. I was having trouble getting the query to finish for this week. And holidays etc...

Any way

Week 16 Results

Week_16_Final.jpg

Week 17 Predictions
2023_Week_17.jpg

Week 17 Results

Another winning week for the picker. To bad it had that dumpster fire two weeks ago, it now has almost no chance at having a 500 or better season. It did make a valiant effort the back end of the year, but too little too late, most likely.

Weekly Results
ATS: 9-7 56%
SU: 9-7 56%
O/U: 6-10 38%

Week_17_Final.jpg

Last edited:
Week 18 Predictions

So, this is always an interesting week with teams resting starters. It also makes life a little difficult for those teams first playoff game given how the last game was handled like a pre-season game. Anyway, I'll probably just ignore that and let it do its thing as I think from a QB perspective it's pretty much been one big pre-season.

Based on the Pickers predictions this would be the playoff seedings:
AFC
NFC
Baltimore14-3SF13-4
Miami12-5Dallas12-5
KC11-6Detroit12-5
Indy10-7TB9-8
Cleveland12-5Philly11-6
Buffalo10-7LAR9-8
Jax9-8Seattle9-8

Wildcard weekend would have these games:

AFC
NFC
Jacksonville @ Miami​
Seattle @ Dallas​
Buffalo @ Kansas City​
LAR @ Detroit​
Cleveland @ Indianapolis​
Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay​

It will be interesting to see how the Ravens handle this week. Do they play their starters and attempt to win knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs? They have the one seed sewn up. This decision could have a big impact on the 7th seed. If the picker is right on the Jacksonville, Indy and Buffalo games and the Ravens play their backups and lose, then the Steelers would be the 6th seed. Setting up a rematch on WC weekend between the Bills and Dolphins and sending Pittsburgh to KC. KC is locked into the 3rd seed, I would expect KC to rest their starters.

San Francisco have stated they will play their healthy starters against the Rams. Wonder if that would be just a half or so. According to the picks made by the picker and the ESPN playoff machine the Rams come out the 6th seed and Seattle the 7th either way. Things change if the Seahawks lose; then a Saints win would give the Saints the 7th seed. A Seattle and NO's loss would give the Packers the 7th seed even with a loss, they would move to 6th with a win and the Rams to the 7th if they (GB) win.

Should be a fun last week!

Season Record:
ATS: 86-97-8 47%
SU: 104-87 54%
O/U: 76-111-4 41%

2023_Week_18.jpg

Last edited:
Week 18 and Final Regular season results:

Eh...a winning week. A tough week for a blind picker to pick. Too bad it had that terrible week 15 other wise could of been heroic ending to the regular season. What could of been... But all is not lost still have 13 playoff games. It will have to be one hell of a run to finish with a winning record, but it gave itself a punchers chance with winning weeks 4 out of the last 5.

Picks for this weekends games should be up later today. I have to make some edits to the excel workbook and often pro-football-reference throws me a 429 error when the query tries to scrape its website. In fact it can be frustrating, making a **** ton of attempts over a few days until it finally completes.

Wasn't so good at predicting the playoff teams I guess. I thought it would be fun to throw it out and see how it did. Whiffed on the two non-clinched AFC teams and got one right in the NFC.

Weekly Record:
ATS: 9-7 56%
SU: 10-6 63%
O/U: 8-8 50%

Final Regular Season Record:
ATS: 95-104-8 48%
SU: 114-93 55%
O/U: 84-119-4 41%

Week_18_Final.jpg

Last edited:
Wild Card Predictions

Ok its playoff time! The picker has a few upsets in the making. I hope the games fall the way the picker thinks score wise. If so we should be in for six treats!

Cleveland @ Houston
I agree with the picker this will be a close one, probably comes down to the last possession. I think Flacco's experience and well rested Browns defense go into Houston and steal a nailbiter. CJ it was a good season. With that said, I think this will be a FG or less game. I could see Houston covering in a 24-23 type game. But I think I'm on the Browns Moneyline here.

Miami @ KC
I'm on the fence on this one. I do think a healthy Fins team can go into KC and win against this group. But are they healthy? I assume Waddle and Mostert will suite up for this one. As much as I want to pick Miami, their defense is not healthy and KC's is only allowing 16.5ppg over their past four. Where the Dolphins are allowing 24.3 over the same four game span. Both offenses have been struggling KC scoring 19.75ppg and Miami 21.25 over the past four. I'm on the fence on this one this early in the week. Given everything I think it comes down to defense and right now have to lean KC. I could change my tune if the Fins get some guys back on the defensive side of the ball.

Pittsburgh @ Buffalo
This has upset potential all over it. First, I think the 10 points are the best bet of the week. Both teams are finding ways to win coming into this week. Buffalo winning five in a row coming off the bye and Steelers winning three straight albeit the last one against the Ravens backups. But the weather was ****ty, I think their offense would have performed a bit better if the conditions were not as bad. Right now its looking partly sunny around the low 40s with minor wind. I don't see Buffalo in a blowout here. Not ready to call the upset however I am all over the 10 points.

Green Bay @ Dallas
Mikey hosts his old team. And the picker says an upset is brewing. Wow how much fun would that be! The youngsters trotting into Dallas and bucking the Boys at home. I like it. I mean the storylines write themselves if that happens. Wouldn't be surprised if a loss would cost Mikey his job. Another choke job by Dak? I don't know, tough to see that. I like the Boys to win, but the 7.5 is enticing.

LAR @ Det
The Picker has the Lions eking out a win. I agree with it on taking the points with the Rams. They have played a ton of close games this season 10 one possession games. They are 6-4 in those games. I can definitely see the Rams beating the Lions in this one. The Lions have to be feeling the weight of 67 years of football humility and the entire city's expectations. The Rams come in with nothing to lose here. I like the Rams chances so taking the points.

Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay
I think the Bucs struggles over the past few weeks are a bit overblown. But the notion they are hosting the Eagles is seemingly preposterous but very gratifying to me. I think the Eagles are a powder keg of disfunction right now. Hurts finger is not going to get any better in a week. I think AJ being a gamer will give it his best TO impression, but it will be for naught. Hurts will not be able to do enough with a bad digit on his throwing hand. I think Baker sees this as his opportunity to get paid. I think he comes out and plays very well. Mike Evans has been quiet the past few weeks. I think he has an awakening and I as I hinted to earlier, this is the upset special of the week. But is it though? The way the Eagles have **** themselves since the 49ers Balboa'ed 'em week 13? Going 1 and 6 losing to the Cardinals at home, on New Year's eve, nonetheless. Embarrassing! Their only win coming against the Gints. Give me the +130 on the Moneyline!

2023_Week_WC.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Not a bad start for the Picker 2-0 ATS and straight up. 1-1 on the over/under.

• Winner
It's still going strong:

3-0 ATS and Straight Up
1-2 on the over/under

• Winner
The Picker is in on fire heading into the final day of wild card weekend. Almost picking the exact score in last night's game.

4-0 ATS and Straight Up
2-2 on the over/under.

It needs an 11-2 or better playoff run to finish out the year at 500 ATS. No chance on the over/under.

Really good weekend for the picker.
5-1 ATS
6-0 Straight Up
4-2 Over/under

Wild Card Weekend Results

The picker was one game off a perfect week ATS and picking the winners. If Pittsburgh could of held on and not given up that last TD it would of been 6-0. Oh what could of been. It can only take one more loss if it wants to finish at %50 on the year. That seems like a tough mountain to climb. But I'm sure the Picker will give it all it has over the next three playoff weekend.

Also 4-2 on the over/under is impressive for the picker. It did have some nice calls. Predicted the Houston over the Browns. A lot of the national pundits didn't give the rookie enough credit. And I don't think too many people expected Flacco to stain his jock strap in honor of the teams namesake. Nearly picked the Lions score exactly, one point off on each teams score. That was solid. Calling the Bucs over the Eagles, but that was not unexpected, the Eagles were a ****show and quit weeks ago.

But how about calling the Packers over the Cowboys? That was an impressive call.

Lets see if it can carry the hot week over to next.

Wild Card Weekend Record:
ATS: 5-1 83%
SU: 6-0 100%
O/U: 4-2 67%

Week_WC_Final.jpg

Divisional Playoff Weekend

EDIT: My apologies for my error I had a mistake in one of the links in my initial screenshot. I caught right away when I posted it and went through replacing the image with the correct Ravens/Texans prediction. However, it appears for some reason the initial incorrect image was still being shown. I have updated the image with the proper prediction.

Likes the Packers to hang around with the 49ers. Tampa to upset the Lions. Boy would that be oddly comforting for the Lions fans. I keed...I keed. Its got the Bills and Ravens winning close games.

Hou/Bal:

CJ Stroud has been beyond impressive this season. Arguably one of the best, if not the best rookie season ever by a QB. I was thinking the moment would be too big for him last week and the Browns defense would keep him in check. Obviously I was wrong. But now he has to travel to Baltimore and leave the comforts of his dome. But being an OSU kid I doubt the weather will have any affect on him. Right now its expected to be 28 degrees and sunny with 14mph winds. Is this moment to big for him on the road against Lamar? I doubt it. The kid is a baller. The defense is playing well allowing 19.3ppg over the last four games.

However, that is against the Titans, Indy and Cleveland twice. And only scoring over 30 points once. Where the red hot Ravens come in averaging 30.5ppg and allowing only 15ppg over there last four and that includes there last game consisting of mostly backups. Those four games were against the Jaguars, 49ers, Dolphins and Steelers. Much stiffer competition and if you go back to the last four their starters played it was against the Rams. Outside of Lamar ****ting himself once again in the playoffs this should be a win for the Ravens. Now to the spread I am probably going to be with the picker on this one. And here is why:

Comp%: 55.9
Yards: 900
Avg per completion: 6.6
Passing TD: 3
Int: 5
Sacks: 19
QBR AVG: 35.5
Rush Yards: 367
YPC: 6.8
TD: 1
Not exactly inspiring playoff stats by Lamar.

GB/49ers:

The Picker likes the Packers +10 here. The Packers have been on fire the second half of the year in particular Jordan Love. 7-2 over their last nine including last week over the Cowboys. They are averaging 27ppg on offense over their last four games. But their defense is allowing 24.5 which includes allowing 30 points to the Panthers. They are a young team so you can chalk that up to them losing focus in what should of been a blowout. But still the worst team in the league dropped 30 on you. I also think the Cowboys is an impressive win but with an asterisk, its the playoffs and its the Cowboys. Maybe that isn't fair because they played well. A few things come to mind with them going to San Francisco. They allowed the Cowboys to come back and make the game tighter than it needed to be and that was over confidence by Lafluer, he pulls his starters on both sides of the ball. Seemed dumb at the time and it was in hindsight as well. How do you pull your defensive starters against the team with the best points per game average at home? That was dumb. Then the coaches talking **** to fans after the game. I mean act like you been there before. Am I over thinking this a bit maybe.

Now the 49ers are coming in well rested, and I presume healthy. They are 7-2 since the bye, which is impressive, but the competition was not. They destroyed the Eagles, but we all know what they are, and Baltimore beat them by 14. I know they can't control who they play, just pointing out it wasn't exactly murderers row the second half of the season and they have shown this year they can lose focus and drop games they should win losing to the Browns, Vikings and Bengals (without Burrow). Do they cover the 10? Ouch that is tough to swallow, I think they can for two reasons. 1. This team feels like they should have been SB champs last year had Purdy not got hurt. 2. GB is a young team coming of a huge road upset and as mentioned before feel like their coaching staff is a bit overconfident and that would definitely bleed down to the players. I believe the Jordan love feel good story comes crashing down and it could be bad. I expect the 49ers to come out focused and a team on a mission. Biggest fear on laying the 10 is the back door cover.

TB/DET:

Tampa coming off an offensive explosion, but much of that was the Eagles inability to tackle as much as their guys making plays. So as much as I thought Tampa's offensive woes were overblown coming into Wild Card weekend I think last nights performance will be equally overblown. I think they are really somewhere in the middle with a semi/healthy Baker. But its more about how Tampa's defense has been playing, averaging 11.7ppg over the last four and going back one game further held the Packers to 20 upping the average of 13ppg. They tackle well and typically don't get out of place. I think Detroit is going to have a hard time moving the ball against them.

On the flip side Detroit is scoring 26.3 ppg over their last four, but allowing 21.3 ppg and the Bucs offense is only scoring 17.3 ppg over that span. Both teams will have tough sledding on the ground Detroit ranks 2nd in rush defense allowing 87.6 ypg and 3.7 ypc. Tampa is the 4th ranked rushing defense allowing 93.2 ypg and 3.8 ypc. Ironically both teams rank in the bottom of the league in passing defense. I lean towards the Lions making a few more plays on the ground than Tampa giving them a hard fought win. But I think Tampa can win this and given Detroit's history I will not be surprised by Buccaneers win. Either way taking the 6 and lean under here.

KC/Buf

The game of the week. And being played at a balmy low 20's with 10mph winds as of now. Both offenses come in struggling a bit based on their standards over the past month or so. KC averaging 17.3ppg and Buffalo 24ppg on offense. The defenses are both holding their opponents under 20 points per game. I expect this game to be lower scoring one would tend to think based on past performances. Not a lot to be said here this should be a knock out drag out fight in Buffalo. I feel the Chiefs simply aren't the same team they have been and the fear of schitzo Allen making an appearance on Sunday night, I do believe the Chiefs come out on top in a tight low scoring game. I think the under is the play here. 2.5 is too close for me.

Playoff Record:
ATS: 5-1 83%
SU: 6-0 100%
O/U: 4-2 67%

Season Record (Including Playoffs):
ATS: 100-105-8 49%
SU: 120-93 56%
O/U: 88-121-4 42%

2023_Week_Div.jpg

Last edited:
Update for the divisional round image:

My apologies for my error, I had a mistake in one of the excel links in my initial screenshot. I caught it right away when I posted it and went through replacing the image with the correct Ravens/Texans prediction. However, it appears for some reason the initial incorrect image was still being shown up until now. I have updated the image with the proper prediction.

Divisional Round Results

Weekly Record:
ATS: 2-2 50%
SU: 2-2 50%
O/U:0-4 0%

2023_Week_Div_Final.jpg

Championship Sunday

I am traveling this week so not a lot of time for a writeup.

Playoff Record:
ATS: 7-3 83%
SU: 8-2 100%
O/U: 4-6 67%

Season Record (Including Playoffs):
ATS: 102-107-8 49%
SU: 122-95 56%
O/U: 88-125-4 41%

2023_Week_CC_Final.jpg

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference