PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL without Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on how Brady retires, does he have a year like Manning had and you knew it was time? Or does he get injured during another awesome season and calls it quits. Either way we got to see one of the greatest QB's of our time. I feel like this year is so important for Brady to get #5.

He will. It's inevitable. Brady is so competitive that there's going to be a season where he starts off great then fades down the stretch. However, unlike Manning, I think Brady will retire after that season instead of come back for one more. So, basically, when Brady has a season like Manning did in 2014, I think he will hang them up from there. Until then, he's playing at an extremely high level doing what he loves to do.

Brady's not going until he hits Social Security eligibility. After all, he has a life style to maintain. :)

Brady has literally said he wants to play as long as he can and that he'll retire when he "sucks." Why are people rating @signbabybrady post as funny? I absolutely think Brady can play until he's 45.

We've repeated this ad nauseum on this board but he's just not like any other QB. His training and eating habits are impeccable, he relies on his intelligence moreso than his physical attributes, and he has the best coaching in the NFL. Somebody please explain why it's unfathomable to think he can play until he's 45, especially considering he's playing just as good as he ever has at age 39.

I think for this to happen every single draft pick has to be O linemen. And I be happy if that was the draft strategy.

You won't say that the next Sunday without him.
It will obviously be tough either way without him, no doubt about it. It's so tough to win one, and it wasn't until Brady's 10th try that he went from 3 rings to 4, regardless of having many teams in position to make it happen over the course of that stretch. There's no guarantee he even reaches 5, and the fact there's already talk of him getting to 6 seems like nonsense in my opinion at this point. Could it happen?..sure. Fans seem to think a 5th Super Bowl win is in the bag, and appear to forget just how tough it is. Between having the talent, playing well at the right time, playing with minimal injuries, and other factors, there's no guarantees. The stretch of 2005 to 2013 should have taught people that.

So yeah, a 5th is all I ask.

Brady has literally said he wants to play as long as he can and that he'll retire when he "sucks." Why are people rating @signbabybrady post as funny? I absolutely think Brady can play until he's 45.

We've repeated this ad nauseum on this board but he's just not like any other QB. His training and eating habits are impeccable, he relies on his intelligence moreso than his physical attributes, and he has the best coaching in the NFL. Somebody please explain why it's unfathomable to think he can play until he's 45, especially considering he's playing just as good as he ever has at age 39.

The only thing that would stop Brady from playing until 45 would be a catastrophic injury

Other QBS like Favre played into their 40s and that was with, by comparison to Brady, a TERRIBLE diet and training regiment. Favre went to like 42, but he was falling apart after a long career of taking vicious hits

Brady has found the fountain of youth and keeps his body in amazing shape, so I really do think that short of a horrible injury he definitely could make it to 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back