PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Mac Jones salvageable anywhere by anyone?

This statement from Judon should basically seal Mac's fate. If you come back with him, you've lost the entire football team:

“Honestly, I don’t care,” Judon said. “It sounds terrible — I just want our offense to score points … (and) sustain drives. Regardless if that’s Mac, (Bailey) Zappe, somebody else — I don’t care. I don’t care.

“I think both Mac and Zappe have the talent to do it; they just have to do it. And that’s gonna be up to them.”

I’ve never been really impressed by Mac, not even in his rookie season. I honestly attributed a lot of the good he did to Josh McDaniels. I felt they had the training wheels on him for a while and protected him.

I think he can’t succeed here again, needs a fresh start. Needs to be a back up elsewhere before he gets another shot. He can definitely be competent but I think he lacks the arm, pocket presence and composure to be a really good QB.

I could see him being a backup that would be good enough to put in for a few games if the starter were hurt.

I don’t like his arm strength, mobility or confidence. He is mentally soft and rubs teammates and coaches the wrong way when things aren’t going great.

It seemed like the locker room blamed Mac more than they did Bill which tells you how people feel about him.

Resurrecting his career will be a real project and even if he does he will never be better than a middle of the road QB. The dude needs a QB whisperer, great talent surrounding him and a therapist.
Cousins, This will bring down the house on this forum. Jones for Zack Wilson heads up. Scenery change?
Now I am ducking.....
DW Toys

Well Mac Jones feels like he's the starter next year

Dunno… his reaction with the —-> soon emoji could be interpreted as a trade?

More than anything it’s the fanbase. First bad drive or INT the boo birds and chants for a backup QB come. Mac can’t handle that.
Speaking of fans, what ever happened to that ALA-mom from GA that became a Patsfan when we drafted Mac? Haven't seen her around in a while.

It won't work. QB room will be toxic w/ him here. They need to ship him out.
It definitely won't work if Zappe is still here as well. If Zappe stays someone needs to let him know that he is gone if he doesn't support the new QB.

That seems to fit.

Especially on year 4 of his rookie contract.....the Vikings can get an up close look at him...maybe even resign him next year too. Am pretty sure Jones would look very good with Jefferson & Hockenson.

I guess Mac convinced Belichick to make Patricia the offensive coordinator and Judge the quarterback coach in 2022.
It wouldn't have mattered who the OC and QBC were.

They did not noodle arm the INTs and do the fumbling, bumbling, stumbling.

Montreal, Calgary, Toronto maybe.

Alabama?? Anymore eligibility or perhaps Offensive Coordinator?

I think he's absolutely salvageable: better than most QB-2's in the league, and a successful starter for a season who's only 25 before he became damaged in a team nightmare.

If it weren't for all the drama that went on the past year, the most sensible thing would be to have him play the role of vet here next season while we groom his replacement. But the media and fans won't allow that. With all new management and coaches it's best for a clean break. He's worth a mid to high 5th rounder all day long.

Yes. Cheap money for a year. Backup only fight, that's about it. Save the money for 1 year.

I’ve never been really impressed by Mac, not even in his rookie season. I honestly attributed a lot of the good he did to Josh McDaniels. I felt they had the training wheels on him for a while and protected him.

I think he can’t succeed here again, needs a fresh start. Needs to be a back up elsewhere before he gets another shot. He can definitely be competent but I think he lacks the arm, pocket presence and composure to be a really good QB.
5mRi8C2.jpg

A few years from now, we won't be saying Belichick ruined Mac Jones. We'll be saying Mac Jones ruined the end of Belichick's tenure with the Patriots.
GM Bill ruined the end of his tenure with the Patriots. Nobody else.

"Bill Belichick screwed Bill Belichick"
- Mr. McMahon

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft