PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offensive Line Injuries - Bad luck or poor conditioning or poor coaching?

And not a reliable coach. As Pittsburgh reported he was seeking another job while still under contract. Coincidence he "stepped " away this season.

This is complete and utter BS on your part. Klemm was told that he wasn't going to be on the staff going forward into 2022 and was told that he was free to look for another job.

It's ridiculous that you're bashing Klemm when the Steelers GM RAVED about him and the Pats hiring him.

Or poor conditioning, stretching, ect. Football is a violent sport all together

That would be current S&C Coach Moses Cabrera. The fact that the Pats have had the 5th most injuries since 2009 when Nash (now gone) and Cabrera were the ones behind this program says they should be looking for someone else to take over.

That would be current S&C Coach Moses Cabrera. The fact that the Pats have had the 5th most injuries since 2009 when Nash (now gone) and Cabrera were the ones behind this program says they should be looking for someone else to take over.
I hear that Alex Guerrero is available. Pliable 250 pound linemen are the wave of the future in the speed oriented NFL.

Last edited:
Paid article. Unable to view it..
That's odd since I did not pay
The article is about

Holway learned how to calculate MBR. He used specialized tools to measure his clients — logging femur length, pelvic width and other metrics — then plugged 20-plus variables into an equation. His earliest measurements produced the same results he would replicate over the next two decades in thousands of elite athletes across many sports, including judo, soccer, weightlifting and boxing: In men, each pound of bone can support a maximum of about five pounds of muscle. In women, it’s slightly less.
Basically, the body hits that five-to-one ratio, and after that it only adds fat, not muscle. Bigger doesn’t always mean better.

Bad luck and league rules

With more practice time, injuries would be greatly reduced.

How would it be possible for poor training to play a role in this day and age? Don't all teams have multiple people paid to keep up on the science and medicine and ensure that it is integrated into the players' habits? Could the Patriots really not be doing that?

Bad years for injuries move from team to team around the league over time. It is like cancer clusters, which are mathematically required based on the laws of numbers.

But yeah, how a team does with injuries in a given year is a huge and under represented factor in winning in that year.
The large amount of eyes paid for monitoring something are not a guarantee of success.
*See US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT for examples.

Eagles Oline kicks ass every week. The opposing team gets injured. Strange got pushed and twisted back. Overpowered. They need to draft and train better stronger players please. It's simple.

Agreed Harold nash, you can enlighten me on this. But did he have some issues with Bill when he left?

I am sure if there some magic to it ... in a copy cat league ... other teams would trend to that.
Would like to see an OL coach who is a great motivator ... like Scar ...
Does not appear Klemm is such a coach and as for YoYo Yates who knows?

The large amount of eyes paid for monitoring something are not a guarantee of success.
*See US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT for examples.
You'd have to show me real evidence of incompetence before I'd agree that the training staff is substandard and responsible.

Agreed Harold nash, you can enlighten me on this. But did he have some issues with Bill when he left?
No idea if he had issues with Bill.

He and Carbrera supposedly were into the new way of reducing soft tissue injuries like Hamstrings, ankle sprains and such..
I haven't done a deep dive into the injuries, but the pats have seemed to have more catastrophic injuries.. Torn muscles, Birken bones, Torn ligaments.

No idea if he had issues with Bill.

He and Carbrera supposedly were into the new way of reducing soft tissue injuries like Hamstrings, ankle sprains and such..
I haven't done a deep dive into the injuries, but the pats have seemed to have more catastrophic injuries.. Torn muscles, Birken bones, Torn ligaments.
I swear I remember hearing something about him having a not so nice abrupt ending with Bill. Yes the medical staff like other staff members it just appears the talent isn't there like it once was.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back