PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be lucky to get the jailhouse special:

One Bologna Sandwich
One Small Bag of Potato Chips
One Apple
Substitute that apple for a crappy, mushy orange and I’ve dined on that special several times in my younger years.

Those bologna sandwiches are insane, and most definitely not in a good way. Thankfully, I learned my lesson fairly quickly, although I did do 30 days once for breaking my probation and moving to another state in my early-mid 20s. After that, I’ve pretty much been squeaky clean.

Substitute that apple for a crappy, mushy orange and I’ve dined on that special several times in my younger years.

Those bologna sandwiches are insane, and most definitely not in a good way. Thankfully, I learned my lesson fairly quickly, although I did do 30 days once for breaking my probation and moving to another state in my early-mid 20s. After that, I’ve pretty much been squeaky clean.
Employment application.

Have you ever been convicted of a felony?

Convicted ............................................ no.

There you go again. Making sh*t up that was never said nor implied. But that is typical of you. Can't actually comprehend what is actually said.

Here's your direct quote since you seem to forget:

" KVN saw 100% of the snaps in the 1st 4 games of the season when HT was healthy."

go back and look at your post again if you need help, its quoted in the one you replied to.

You're the one who claimed that KVN was a #4 LBer who should only be coming off the bench. You went so far as to imply that KVN only saw time because of injuries to McClellin and HT. Yet, I pointed out that KVN played 100% of the snaps in the 1st 4 games. Another poster pointed out that KVN averaged 95% of the snaps over the season. Another poster pointed out that KVN averaged more than 60% of the defensive snaps last year after he was acquired.

I said I like him as a 4th linebacker. Never said he was "nothing more than that" my guy. KVN saw the amount of time he did because of our situation at linebacker. This speaks to a couple of things. Injuries and talent. He's far less limited than Harris and Roberts. He deserved to play more snaps than them because he was more capable. Does that mean we shouldn't add any more capable players ? Thats quite an interesting roster building philosophy you have.

Yet, you think that KVN should be a bench player only coming in when needed.. You said as much.. And I'm not the only one who called out your BS on it. @maineman209 did as well.

This has nothing to do with anything being talked about other than you attempting to divert away from your stupid claims..

Why do you keep talking about McClellin as if it's a certainty he'll be playing next season. It's much more likely that he's a cap casualty or retires than he plays another meaningful snap for the Patriots.

Yep, I think that he is a nice player to have an certainly one that will remain on the roster but also one that doesn't complement Hightower particularly well. He isn't a fluid guy in coverage and he's not a great block shedder. He does a decent job on/off the edge, he's a capable blitzer and smart player. McClellin is still on the roster and I will treat him as such, he's no less certain to play next season than any of our other players no matter what stupid bs claims you want to make ;)

No that he'll be a target for the Patriots, but.....

Congratulations to A.J. McCarron, who won his grievance and, as a result, will now become an unrestricted free agent.

Make room for AJ McCarron in the pool of free agent quarterbacks.

McCarron won a grievance filed against the Bengals on Thursday that credits him with an accrued season for 2014, which means he now has the four seasons needed for unrestricted free agency under his belt. McCarron objected to the Bengals putting him on the non-football injury list with a shoulder issue during his rookie year because he argued the injury came from his work with the team.

AJ McCarron set to be an unrestricted free agent

Now, from a purely (Patriots) selfish perspective, I hope some team out there is willing to believe in him as their unquestioned starter, and chooses him over a first round draftee.

No that he'll be a target for the Patriots, but.....

Congratulations to A.J. McCarron, who won his grievance and, as a result, will now become an unrestricted free agent.

AJ McCarron set to be an unrestricted free agent

Now, from a purely (Patriots) selfish perspective, I hope some team out there is willing to believe in him as their unquestioned starter, and chooses him over a first round draftee.
Jets:

Make your move.

I didn't read the first 22 pages of the thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned already, but before the Patriots even think of signing any other teams' UFAs, they have to sign their own UFAs first, in particular Solder, Amendola, Lewis, Burkhead, Harrison & Marquis Flowers, in that order. Then let's see how much money if any is left to sign OPP.
Our other UFAs - Bolden, Fleming, Waddle, Francois, Badmostly, Slater & Ebner - should only cost the veteran's minimum, as befitting their talent. No need therefore to rush into entering negotiations with any of them.

I didn't read the first 22 pages of the thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned already, but before the Patriots even think of signing any other teams' UFAs, they have to sign their own UFAs first, in particular Solder, Amendola, Lewis, Burkhead, Harrison & Marquis Flowers, in that order. Then let's see how much money if any is left to sign OPP.
Our other UFAs - Bolden, Fleming, Waddle, Francois, Badmostly, Slater & Ebner - should only cost the veteran's minimum, as befitting their talent. No need therefore to rush into entering negotiations with any of them.

Think lewis could be gone personally...

I said I like him as a 4th linebacker.

Given that the Pats typically have no more than three LBs on the field for most plays and often have just two (one of which has often been Chung playing an LB-ish role), relegating KVN to the "#4 LB spot" is effectively relegating him to the bench.

Then, the question about the LB "depth chart" becomes, "HT and who (and who)" playing ahead of KVN?

Keep in mind that KVN already has 1.5 years of experience in the Pats system and schemes, and that any new guys, whether draftees or NFL free agents, will be learning those from scratch.

post 2019 is another issue. Some good names will be on the list for FA with the Pats. Hogan, Chung, Cooks, Malcom Brown, Flowers, Mason......all UFA. I think you are not gonna see the Pats be to active in FA this year, at least not early. Probably pick up some end of the bench/depth guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back