PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD: Patriots Lose 34-0 to Saints

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I would seriously consider buying a print shirt franchise just to put "Fire Bill Now" on them and sell them and maybe Kraft can get the message....

Getting rid of this washed up head coach is the first step in getting this team back to being competitive again meaning the team might have to go even lower to raise up in the future

Bill lives in the past year after year thinking he can get bargain basement worthless garbage for receivers and still win..this method has failed to a point now that the team is now not just bad,but funny bad

Mac Jones isn't capable of winning with Jerry Rice and Randy Moss in their primes let alone pieces of garbage 4th talent depth that could'nt separate from their defender if a gun was pointed at them.

Fire Bill now Kraft and lets build again like we did after the team hired Parcells 30 years ago

Last edited:
They won’t do it, but I’d be curious what the output would look like if they just made Cunningham the starter and also moved Douglas and Boutte to the top of the depth chart. The threat of Cunningham as a runner would change how defenses had to play, and his mobility might create a few plays. He’s not an A+ arm talent but it’s not like Mac is either. They’d probably still lose, but it would be closer, and would be good reps.
#Malik

I hope we don't see basically the same offensive personnel next week. If we do, then we're entering into the cliched "insanity" definition, and I'm still an irrational diehard barely hanging onto IBBIT. Cowboys game I could give a mulligan, but after today... F U Jobu.

Side note: Purdy's 1st appearance: 4 for 9 for 60yds with a sailed INT for a touchback in end of game mopup doody. Looks like a final pick of the draft kindof guy to me.

Before the season started I projected that the Pats would end the season 7-10. After watching Mac Jones in 5 games I am wondering where the 6 other wins were coming from. Just pathetic football from Mac Jones.

I always saw Brady as the team. BB was along for the ride and even with Brady the drafts were WTF questionable. Brady masks so many holes on a team and raises the expectations up 110% every year because the players believe they a shot at a SB win.

This team feels like it's just time to move on.

Just came to see if anyone is still on the Mac Jones hype train?

I’m making a list for the local psych ward, completely unrelated I promise.

No. It ABSOLUTELY can get worse with a worse quarterback.

It's imperative they find a way to get the running game going. Start there.
Yeah I agree here
No coincidence as soon as the Jete got Breece Hall going they've been moving the ball better on offense

That’s how it’s done these days. Someone in his “camp” sought out the media to provide this quote, likely at the direction of him. He may as well have said it. But he can claim he didn’t know. You can give him the benefit of the doubt, but typically when this stuff happens, it’s not a good sign.
Everyone is running to get on the lifeboats before the ship goes down. Mac has friends say something, Belichick will leak some things through Shefter, Kraft will use his sources….

It starts and ends with Belichick
It's a players game more now than ever so I tend to put more blame or give more credit to the QB.
Look at the past 4 years championship game representatives at QB

2022- Mahomes(MVP-Best in the League)/Burrow(Top 5 QB) & Hurts(Top 5 QB)/Purdy(Looking like a top 10 QB)
2021- Mahomes/Burrow & Stafford(Top 10 QB)/Jimmy G(probably the only one outside Top 10)
2020- Mahomes/Allen & TB12/Rodgers(GOAT in TB12/HOF in Rodgers)
2019- Mahomes/Tannehill(another anomaly) & Rodgers/Jimmy G

So out of 16 spots only 3 times has a mediocre QB gotten the team to a Championship game

Main point to my post is we need a elite QB now more than ever or at least a stacked roster but you need at least one of those and right now we have nothing

not a curran fan anymore in the recent past but its hard to disagree here

BB is his own worst enemy at times and pressers like today even after hearing it forever are not doing him any favors.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back