PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Barry Bonds indicted

Yeah he's an ass but he is not a mass murderer, child molester, or anything else equally horrid. I have a hard time stomaching the idea our government has spent untold millions and four years of time chasing a guy who essentially decided to ruin his body in pursuit of a dumb record. And yes I get the whole "he lied!" thing, but this is an enormous waste of our tax dollars, IMO.

TITCR. 10 Char.

they're not, he's a media darling. Baseball and everyone else are going to pretend that its all god given talent.

Its also why he takes a couple of months off in the begining of the season, to clean out the system

It's ridiculous.

Like the Poster above said... Us as pats fans should be the last ones to jump on Board with the Media and the Bonds "witch hunt". That's exactly waht is was/is. Bonds is a jerk to the media, and this is their pay back.

I wish this whole thing would just go away. Now it's going to be on Sportscenter with that idiot Pedro Gomez reporting on this case 24/7.

Does this mean the Pats get a reprieve on the newest XXXXXgate that they will come up with?

Yeah he's an ass but he is not a mass murderer, child molester, or anything else equally horrid. I have a hard time stomaching the idea our government has spent untold millions and four years of time chasing a guy who essentially decided to ruin his body in pursuit of a dumb record. And yes I get the whole "he lied!" thing, but this is an enormous waste of our tax dollars, IMO.

100% right. Giant waste of $$ so the federal prosecutors can get some name recgonition and face time. What a joke.

Oh yeah... and lets not forget... the Media outlets have to squeeze whatever $$ is left out of this story before Bonds is banished from the planet in shame.

Last edited:
I don't want to hear any accusations of the Feds having it out for Bonds. They wouldn't have waited four years if Bonds was a target.

I also don't want to hear that this is a waste of time or tax dollars. Prosecuting perjury/obstruction is important from a precedent standpoint. Anyone who considers lying to a grand jury needs to know that punishment is possible.

As for Bonds, I don't see how this changes anything. Anyone who wasn't stupid (edit: and read Game of Shadows) already knew that Bonds knowingly took PEDs and lied to the grand jury in saying that he didn't know what he was taking. This indictment might make that official, but it doesn't mean anything has changed. It just means that the pansies who didn't want to draw their own obvious conclusions from overwhelming evidence (or didn't want to draw conclusions because *gasp* the testimony was leaked) will have the conclusion made for them.

Last edited:
Greg Anderson was just released from prison on a judge's order..guess he finally sold him out.

Greg Anderson was just released from prison on a judge's order..guess he finally sold him out.

Yep, answers the question of why the indictment came down today.

Bonds is f'd.

Probably didn't see a need to hold him any longer.

Ok, everyone who believed Sosa and McGwire were clean AT THE TIME they were having their HR derby raise their hands........

I thought so: we have an audience of one: Bud Selig.

Everyone knew the sport was dirty with steroids and the League.... JUST DIDN"T CARE. It was all about "Chicks DIG the LONG BALL" and 'recovery from the baseball strike'.

They wanted tv revenue and they were willing to sacrifice the bodies of their players and the sanctity of the records books in order to get it.

Dont get all hypocritical on me now and say we need to prosecute Barry Bonds because you don't like him and we want to make an example.

We as PATS Fans who saw what was done to BB & the PATS over "spygate" this year should be the LAST ONES to be jumping on this bandwagon.

Who is making an example of Barry Bonds? There has been 19 MLB players suspended for steroids and that list will most likely grow. There also have been some players who were most likely using and have stopped after the guidelines were approved. Barry Bonds did not stop, and just like in any other market, they go after the king-fish. This has nothing to do with Spygate. That is not even relevant. Now, if you want to talk about Rodney Harrison, that is very relevant.

I have 1 queation about this.

Let's say he goes away to the can for 2 years.

Will he still have a big head?

It will be funny watching him when he's released when he's down about 75 lbs or so. You know, losing all that weight bending over the laundry cart.:cool:

I have 1 queation about this.

Let's say he goes away to the can for 2 years.

Will he still have a big head?

It will be funny watching him when he's released when he's down about 75 lbs or so. You know, losing all that weight bending over the laundry cart.:cool:

That will be great. While he is in there he can hang out with Mike Vick for some fun. They can have fights of Bonds on juice vs. Mike and his canine friends.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back