PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: What are everyone's holiday plans for this weekend?

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Thought it might be fun to add an OT post in here ahead of the holiday since it's obviously been a tough season.

My daughter and her husband are coming in tomorrow and staying for a few days, and my son just finished college (photo is my avatar :)), and he's back with us, so it will be all of us together for this one. Looking forward to watching the game tomorrow night (hopefully it'll be competitive and won't be a trainwreck), and then we'll spend Monday hanging out here and enjoying the holiday. Wife bought a ton of food at the grocery store, so we're pretty stocked up on snacks and such. Not much planned for Monday....we'll maybe watch a couple of movies or play board games, very exciting. ;)

After that, we'll probably go out to breakfast the next morning before they head back. Keeping it relatively low-key here, but hoping for a fairly relaxing weekend.

So, that's my story. What's everyone else going to be up to?

Looking to relax a bit today before doing the family stuff Christmas Eve and day, but right now im sitting in emergency with my 13 year old daughter. She woke up with intense abdominal pain. We gave her a Tylenol but it didn’t do much. I figure it’s period cramps but she’s in so much pain it’s best a doctor sees her.

Looking to relax a bit today before doing the family stuff Christmas Eve and day, but right now im sitting in emergency with my 13 year old daughter. She woke up with intense abdominal pain. We gave her a Tylenol but it didn’t do much. I figure it’s period cramps but she’s in so much pain it’s best a doctor sees her.
Yikes...that's not good. We went through something similar years ago with my daughter and it ended up being her appendix, which definitely caught us off guard so it's good you brought her in to get her checked out. Fingers crossed for you guys and hope everything goes O.K.:confused:

We spend Christmas Eve with my wife's side of the family with each of them rotating to host, this year's it's our turn so my wife has been preparing today and has me running around. Christmas Day is my family at my sisters and since we're Italian we have an Italian feast with a ham. I prefer the menu on Christmas Day to the one tomorrow.

looking forward to spending quality time correcting the logical fallacies of people calling for BB’s head and maybe a few Danish butter cookies here and there

4 o'clock mass Sunday then off to wife's cousins for Christmas Eve...hosting a nice Italian Christmas Dinner...made the meatballs and sauce last night, chicken cacciatore, sausage, braciole and a ham also on the menu with baked ziti, mashed, green beans, and anti past...desert canolis, sfogliatel, and some other stuff I'm not supposed to eat.
hope everyone has a great time and remembers why we celebrate on Christmas

4 o'clock mass Sunday then off to wife's cousins for Christmas Eve...hosting a nice Italian Christmas Dinner...made the meatballs and sauce last night, chicken cacciatore, sausage, braciole and a ham also on the menu with baked ziti, mashed, green beans, and anti past...desert canolis, sfogliatel, and some other stuff I'm not supposed to eat.
hope everyone has a great time and remembers why we celebrate on Christmas
Sfogliatel is awesome, also know as lobster tails to the non Italians

Date night tonight and last min shopping with the wife, tomorrow for the first time we won’t go to a live Christmas eve service, but stream it instead. We’ll have some friends over later that night for ****tails and apps to open gifts with the kids (10 kids between 3 families and we all get each other’s kids gifts), then Christmas will be just our family. Ham, trimmings, and probably just relaxing after the kids open gifts.

I always so enjoy this Holiday because my kids are 12,10,8 and it’s fun seeing it through their eyes AND because I’m in M&A and own or advise so many businesses it’s really the only time each year when I know my phone won’t be blowing up.

Each year, I make a signature ****tail…this year will be a kicked-up cranberry mule with homemade Cranberry syrup garnished with cranberries and rosemary sprigs.

Wife and I have come a LONG way from growing up below the poverty line in Maine, and while we are ALWAYS grateful, it’s especially sweet to appreciate this time of year in North GA.

Oh! Little tip for any of you “Turkey on Christmas” folks.

Spatchcock…game-changer. Did that the past two Thanksgivings and it produces a MUCH better turkey, in less than half the time.

Christmas for us is easy because Honey-Baked ham does the work

Most of the family has arrived today or by tomorrow noonish. Christmas Eve is the traditional big family meal for us. We usually just spend the dinner catching up and seeing how the year has gone by.

Christmas Day, it's a bit of family tradition to open presents with a late breakfast/brunch before heading out to the movies in the afternoon. Surprisingly theaters are always packed. And then Christmas dinner is always pizza/beer while watching sports on the TV since everyone is tired by that point.

Movies and Chinese food ✡️

True story: about 10 years ago we went to the movies at Legacy Place. My son and I had on some nice Patriots merch. Along comes this guy to tell us how much he liked it … it was Robert Kraft, with the previous lady friend in tow. Since I’m a Boomer it didn’t even occur to me to get a picture with them. I’ve gone there on Christmas most of the past few years, never saw him there again. We like Bamboo for the traditional “Christmas Seder” after the show.

Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited:
Whoopie with my wife by filling her stocking resulting in her mentioning at least 2 of the holy trinity. The holy ghost isn't the only one getting shafted.

Just my wife and I (along with our dog and cat), enjoying a hopefully healthy, peaceful, and low-key Christmas Eve and Day. The kids are all grown up and across the other side of the country, and the rest of my family is in Scotland. May all of you and yours be safe and well! Merry Christmas fellow Patriots Fans! May Jesus Bless all of you!!!

Seafood casserole today. Straight from the ocean : lobster, scallops, haddock…

Living near wharves pays off at Xmas.

A little bit nontraditional this year. All three adult kids and my son-in-law are visiting. We moved up Christmas dinner to today, doing presents tomorrow, and all flying to Ecuador on Monday morning. We are going on a 10 day tour of the Galapagos Islands. Sort of a bucket list trip for me and all of us sciencey types.

Saturday - last night, party at friends house, burnt knees from the fire, frozen back to go along with that
Sunday - bros house for dinner... Hate the timing of tonight's game, won't be able to watch
Monday - Christmas pancake breakfast in the am, sisters in the evening

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back