PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Why are Colts fans obsessed with Brady and the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats 14-3 in the playoff this decade, COlts 7-7. PAts 3 sb rings 4 SB appearances, Colts 1 SB win and appearance.

The Colts are 7-8, actually.

Unless they win the Super Bowl this year, they will not have a winning record in playoff games for the decade. This is of course the same decade in which they have more regular season wins than any team in history.

The Pats have clearly done more in the spotlight of the postseason and it riles their fans to no end, making them obsess about the one team that has done what they don't do well.

I think its very similar to the way Sox fans felt about the Yankees before the Sox won their championships. The Colts have been a very successful team for over a decade now. They have one of the greatest QB to ever play the game in Manning. If you were to look at just the regular season stats for the Colts and Manning since the late 90's one would guess that the Colts had won several championships. However, as we all know, they only have one while the Pats have 3 and despite the past few years, have had the upper hand over the Colts and were the main reason for the Colts failure to win in the playoffs. It seemed like for years the Colts almost felt like they were entitle to a championship, however, most of that was driven my the media.

Fact it, the Colts/Pats and Manning/Brady are two great rivalry. You will get an obsession from any fanbase when its includes great teams and players, a passionate fanbase and a rivalry where both teams have seen success. Think about it, we never saw to much attention paid to the Colts back in the first half of the 2000's when they Pats were beating the Colts regularly. We see alot more attention to them know that they have turned the tables a bit. Just like how the Yankees fans always brushed of the Sox when they were winning title after title. That all changed after 2004.

Last edited:
We here at Patsfans are guilty of being somewhat obsessed with certain players, coaches, & teams, but I very, VERY rarely see the type of malicious hatred that I see from other teams' fanbases toward the Pats. Wishing horrible injuries, hurling offensive & ridiculous insults, & irrationally trashing all of their accomplishments; that type of stuff is seen pretty much everywhere the Pats are mentioned on the internet outside of a Pats board.

Colts just got fans this decade.

I rewatched the 2005 divisional playoff game versus the Colts that the Patriots won 20-3.

Two things stood out:

1. The 12-4 Colts were favored against the 14-2 Patriots (defending Super Bowl champions) and the game was at Foxboro. Just goes to show you how much in thrall everyone is with Peyton Manning.

2. When we get a rundown of current players who won the Super Bowl with the Patriots, I haven't seen Tully Banta-Cain listed, but there he is on the replay of the divisional playoffs, and it's only Tully and Willie McGinest rushing Manning in the fourth quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents