PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our defense appreciation thread

Considering the injuries to two key players they’re doing really well.

The only thing to criticize about this defense at the moment is they don’t take the ball away. A BB defense usually is excellent at generating turnovers but not so much this season… they’re near the bottom of the league in turnovers right now. Not sure why.

Minus 9 differential. Last time we had a negative TO differential was 2005.

They’ve had a lot of bright spots this year for sure despite having to deal with that ****stain of an offense. When Judon and Gonzales get back it will be a strength next year with the new High Powered rookie QB. Probably the most important draft in over 30 years coming up.
Agreed. I'll add that gonzo and judon being out was almost like a blessing because judon pretty much has a season off his body.. as he's 30.. Tavai has really blessed into a 3 down player.. the guys a great sideline to sideline player.

I can't wait to see the New QB to compliment this defense.

The only thing to criticize about this defense at the moment is they don’t take the ball away. A BB defense usually is excellent at generating turnovers but not so much this season… they’re near the bottom of the league in turnovers right now. Not sure why.

Agreed. I believe they are on the field far to much. The BFI dumpster offense has more turn overs than a dunkin donuts job.

The defense still gets bullied by good teams. Something that continually gets ignored.
I think you make a good point we should use our first round pick on defense.

The defense still gets bullied by good teams. Something that continually gets ignored.
In the recent past...100%

Pats shot themselves in the foot on offense so many times it's hard to judge this year.

The defense has been quite good, even if the competition isn't always the best. I don't even find myself cursing the likes of Myles Bryant any more. The entire thing is pretty competent from top to bottom. Credit to the defensive coaches on that too.

Hopefully we can keep it mostly intact moving forward.

The defense has been quite good, even if the competition isn't always the best. I don't even find myself cursing the likes of Myles Bryant any more. The entire thing is pretty competent from top to bottom. Credit to the defensive coaches on that too.

Hopefully we can keep it mostly intact moving forward.
Add a competant QB and this is a winning team. Add what else you can from the draft and 100 mill of FA dollars, and it’s a playoff team.

They’ve had a lot of bright spots this year for sure despite having to deal with that ****stain of an offense. When Judon and Gonzales get back it will be a strength next year with the new High Powered rookie QB. Probably the most important draft in over 30 years coming up.
LOL. 2000 Draft?

The draft will add a couple of players. 100 mill in free agency will add 40% of a roster.

Teams don’t have to take chances when they know they are going up against a useless offense.
Counterpoint about half the points they have allowed the last week are attributed to offense or special teams screw ups.

Do you think any team has a game plan of score 3 points and hope the opposing offense completely screws up?

Add a competant QB and this is a winning team.
So the Pats are just like every other non winning team. Good to know.

Agree

I’d add that we lack a consistent outside pash rush with Judon out. Uche isn’t that guy and probably won’t be on the team next season. Jennings is more of the stay in your lane, run suppprt guy. Barmore provides a rush, bur he’s coming from the inside.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back