PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Coaching News / Interview Tracker / NFL Tracker [Quick Updates]

That's the other part about an OC like JMD, BOB, or even Kliff (who could be exciting) - all those guys would be hankering for another HC job in the next 1-2 years.
I think we need to put someone there who will stay for at min 3-4 years. That means a younger up-and-coming guy.
I would have to think Josh McDaniels is not going anywhere in the next 3-4 years
He has been a disaster both times as HC.

I would have to think Josh McDaniels is not going anywhere in the next 3-4 years
He has been a disaster both times as HC.
I can't imagine him getting a HC offer ever again.

Usually those who have failed in their first job do get second chances but Josh is 0-2 and the failures have been disasters.

And still several years out.

Yeah... 9-8 and winning a garbage division is an inspiring plan. They held serve for one year. Let's see them build on this before we start twiddling their winkies, eh?

Yeah... 9-8 and winning a garbage division is an inspiring plan. They held serve for one year. Let's see them build on this before we start twiddling their winkies, eh?
BB had them at 10-7 2 years after Tom left.

It's what happened (or didn't happen) after that which is why BB isn't here.

Gotta be honest though and admit that it's a helluvalot better than where we finished and have been trending. Patience is going to be the key this offseason. Interested to see what Mayo's plan is for the offense and defense and how aggressive they are with personnel.

What, you disagree with Wildes that Baker Mayfield is the solution?

Gotta be honest though and admit that it's a helluvalot better than where we finished and have been trending. Patience is going to be the key this offseason. Interested to see what Mayo's plan is for the offense and defense and how aggressive they are with personnel.
It's about as significant as our 10-7 in 2021

Lmao, yes, I supposed a QB of 20 years leaving and the eventual departure of the 24-year tenured HC is very comparable to the process of taking a few years rental on the best QB in history, a rental that allows you to start immediately planning for the next step.

I'm soiling myself with sarcasm if that isn't apparent.

What, you disagree with Wildes that Baker Mayfield is the solution?

I really don't want to be the kind of fan that discredits what other teams do, especially when they turn in a decent season and a big playoff win. It's just wild to me that people look at the Bucs as some kind of model for how you should operate post franchise QB. They didn't pick Baker because he was their first choice. They picked him because they could afford him under the cap. It's the same reason the Pats brought in Cam Newton.

It's about as significant as our 10-7 in 2021
And I’d take that over what we just endured any day of the week. Guess we’ll have to wait 2 more seasons and see where Tampa is then to truly judge. Either way, I’m happy for their fan base. Anyone that hands it to the Eagles and knocks ‘em out of the playoffs is good in my book. For a week at least. :)

I really don't want to be the kind of fan that discredits what other teams do, especially when they turn in a decent season and a big playoff win. It's just wild to me that people look at the Bucs as some kind of model for how you should operate post franchise QB. They didn't pick Baker because he was their first choice. They picked him because they could afford him under the cap. It's the same reason the Pats brought in Cam Newton.
A lot of fans me included wanted us to go after Baker.
We didn’t we rolled the dice with Mac and it didn’t work,
Now we don’t know if Obrein was adverse to Mac or not.
However the offense sucked and he was the one teaching it.

If you want to pretend that 9-8 and winning a playoff game is comparable to finishing 4-13 while being possibly the least entertaining product to watch in the NFL that's fine.

Investment bankers have figured out that titles are really cheap. So the new VP makes the coffee (if the Assistant VP isn't around), the First VP fetches it, and the Senior VP gets to finally drink it as long as the Managing Director has his/hers first.

So first change I expect is for Mayo to be much freer giving out actual titles, just like the rest of the league. It's nuts that Belichick was so stingy giving out titles.

You can use the Rooney rule to interview candidates for different (lower ranking) jobs too. Technically you may be interviewing them for OC say, but in reality you may be interviewing them for QB coach or the like.

I mean, their "post-Brady plan" was just to pay Baker almost veteran minimum salary and got lucky that he found himself again. That's not exactly rocket science, that's closer to winning a scratch-off. They will now have to pay him mega bucks next year and also pay Evans mega bucks or else lose them both. I very much doubt the 2024 Bucs will be as good due to this. But it'll be fun to watch the 2023 Bucs the next couple weeks!

And I’d take that over what we just endured any day of the week. Guess we’ll have to wait 2 more seasons and see where Tampa is then to truly judge. Either way, I’m happy for their fan base. Anyone that hands it to the Eagles and knocks ‘em out of the playoffs is good in my book. For a week at least. :)
Baker Mayfield.

Let that sink in.

Baker also beat out their 2nd round draft choice who had two years to watch Brady. So... Garoppolo he's not.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back