PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots need to overcome Buffalo next Thursday

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Dropping to 6-6 and losing to the team that blew us out in the playoffs would not be a good omen down the stretch for the rest of the season. Sure. We could still get in at 10-6 despite a loss but in my opinion we need to win this matchup or I won't be able to take us seriously going forward the rest of the season. I don't want moral victories or anything like that. Buffalo is tough but this game is very important. It will also tell us a lot about the 2022 NE Patriots. Will they overcome adversity and toughen up or will they once again falter against Buffalo?

Won't be easy but hopefully NE figures this one out.

We all knew that coming into this stretch was going to present a lot of challenges. We’ve seen this team get hot at the right time before. It’s always a possibility. I just have a hard time seeing them as anything more than playing the spoiler. They might squeak into the playoffs, but the issues we saw against Minn have been there all season. Makes it hard to think those things are going to change anytime soon.

The way the Bills have been playing of late, the Pats have a chance. I wouldn't bet on them, but the Lions probably should have beat the Bills on Thursday.

This thread is a good idea since we don't have a Pats-Bills pregame thread already....

We all knew that coming into this stretch was going to present a lot of challenges. We’ve seen this team get hot at the right time before. It’s always a possibility. I just have a hard time seeing them as anything more than playing the spoiler. They might squeak into the playoffs, but the issues we saw against Minn have been there all season. Makes it hard to think those things are going to change anytime soon.
If we lose to Buffalo we might have to win out to squeak in unless 9-8 somehow gets us in.

The patriots are better than the bad football teams, that does not make them good. They make dumb mistakes and lose to good teams.

They will lose to the bills

The patriots are better than the bad football teams, that does not make them good. They make dumb mistakes and lose to good teams.

They will lose to the bills
Not if BB pulls the plug on Mac if resorts to his antics.

A sack is better than an INT but it's still a negative play. To save this season the Pat's must exhaust every option available.

but in my opinion we need to win this matchup or I won't be able to take us seriously going forward the rest of the season.
This gave me a good laugh.

Aside from that, nobody should be freaking out over this game. The Pats have overachieved given that many believed they weren't a playoff team.

This is a building block year, always was. Did anyone really have SB dreams given the offseason scheme and coaching changes?
That said, this is a winnable game. The Bills defense is hurting and in particular their pass rush is decimated. That bodes well for Mac, which may open up running lanes if Matty P can overcome his engineer mind and be a little more intuitive.

Turn Josh Allen into a rookie again.

Unless Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs are OUT before the game starts, I'd bet the Patriots will win.
Otherwise, 6-6 for the Patriots.

has there been a game where both teams will play two thursday games in a row?

I’m gonna do a back flip if they force a punt.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back