PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots to have long meeting with Jayden Daniels

Why?? They ain't getting him the Commanders are not passing don't waste valuable time please.
This is what I am afraid of... That the guy we want will be taken by the commanders... And that we will be dumb enough to take the guy we really don't want but is the only one left... Door number 3...

This is what I am afraid of... That the guy we want will be taken by the commanders... And that we will be dumb enough to take the guy we really don't want but is the only one left... Door number 3...
Idk. It doesn’t seem like they really love any QB, does it?

What else do you propose they do on this random Tuesday evening a month away from the draft? How is it wasted time?

I think it’s really obvious that this kind of weather is perfect for streaming Netflix, or maybe even going to a movie? Why waste it meeting with a football player you could end up giving hundreds of millions of dollars to over the next decade.

Idk. It doesn’t seem like they really love any QB, does it?
Nobody has any clue what anyone else is thinking, there's just a lot of noise to confuse.

Wolf and co have to do their homework on all these QB's and can't assume. They also can't be pressured to take a QB at #3 if they don't have a strong conviction about said player.

If the guy you want isn't there, take a tackle or move back. The only thing worse than not getting your QB at #3 would be getting the wrong QB at #3.

I don't think Tunescribe is being literal here. You can find crazy weather anywhere now. There are plenty of reasons to question the Pats as a landing spot besides some weather. What's uncomfortable to some is just posturing to others.
Again, it's a draft. They have the 3rd pick. They want to get a good understanding of who he is as a person. If he tells them to get ****ed then they're gonna be out on him and probably spread the word that he's a douchebag. These prospects want to be drafted high, they don't want to be known as having an attitude problem or that they are a prima donna. And nothing about Jayden Daniels thus far has come off that way so far, as far as his scouting report. Caleb Williams, yes - for sure. But Maye, Daniels, McCarthy are supposed to be more humble.

You may very well be right about them wanting Daniels. I just hope that isn't the case.
Too bad, Sonny. That’s their guy. Unless his chicken legs make them go to perfect bod Maye. Cuz it really looks like the first four picks will be QBs. Williams, McCarthy, Daniels, and Maye.

Sounds like a law firm in Southie.

I think they are already pretty clear on the top quarterbacks ability to play the position at the next level, meetings like this are to determine if they are the right person to lead their team for the next 10-15 years. If they think they have all the physical tools to be really good QB in the NFL, but come away thinking they aren’t the right person to lead their teams then they could very well move on to their other options at the pick, and try to go with the best one for them.

IMO, there's huge separation between Daniels and Maye.

What would be a realistic price to move up to #2 assuming Washington is game?

IMO, there's huge separation between Daniels and Maye.

What would be a realistic price to move up to #2 assuming Washington is game?
No disrespect I can’t think of a bigger waste of resources.
If we really wanted the guy Was was going to take it would be way to expensive to move one spot.

I like my idea of moving to 4 or 5.

Too bad, Sonny. That’s their guy. Unless his chicken legs make them go to perfect bod Maye. Cuz it really looks like the first four picks will be QBs. Williams, McCarthy, Daniels, and Maye.

Sounds like a law firm in Southie.

People seem to forget that the second half of his career Brady gave up lifting weights and went to a slimmer more flexible build; he can even be heard chiding Edelman for lifting in one of the documentaries he did. He was at 225-230 when he bulked up earlier in his career, but had to be playing at closer to 210-215 for the remainder of his career after the major knee injury. And the pics of him then made it clear that he was no longer big and ripped during that time frame.

I think the knocks on Daniels build are overblown, and my only real question about him is whether he will be able to put throws into tight windows over the middle of the field vertically. I include the areas outside the hashes. This was Jones biggest issue imo, and where most of his interceptions and issues came from. He could hit guys who were wide open, but at this level NFL defenders are too fast closing on throws to not be able to put the right pace on them to fit them into those small windows. I think he will have a strong enough arm, but I haven’t seen enough of him placing balls into tight spaces in that area of the field to really know if he can do that or not. However by now I think the Patriots have answered that question to their satisfaction, and are just trying to figure out if he’s the guy they want to put the expectation of leading them on for the future. And I expect that they will do the same for the other QB’s as well. Possibly even Penix and Nix.

Most NFL players are from Florida. Followed by I think Texas and California.

Deleted

Last edited:
Daniels immediately refuted that report himself.

By posting an emoji of a hat. Let's see video of him stating on the record that he laughs at the cold and can't wait to make victory snow angels.

Where there's smoke there usually is fire. I have no doubt that given a choice, Daniels prefers to avoid New England and would be (privately) disappointed to come here.

No disrespect I can’t think of a bigger waste of resources.
If we really wanted the guy Was was going to take it would be way to expensive to move one spot.

I like my idea of moving to 4 or 5.

Once again, if they really believe that’s the QB who can be their franchise QB for the next 10-15 years, and that it drops off after 2 then I have no problem with them paying a price to get them. Is it a risk? Sure it is. But if they are right then they have fixed the most important position on the field for many years to come. And then you don’t have to keep trying to address it every couple of year's, and actually wasting resources you could use to build a great team that contends long term, and wins Lombardi’s. Everything just comes down to their evaluations of these players. If they believe their guy is there at two, and a deal is possible, then do it. If they believe in all three then go ahead and sit tight and take the one at 3. If their guy goes at 2, and they don’t believe in the others then take the 3 first rounders and try again next year. I would give up 1&2 for #2 if I believed the were the answer at QB, and I would take the deal for the first rounders if I didn’t think they were the answer. It just comes down to their evaluations.

I don't think Tunescribe is being literal here. You can find crazy weather anywhere now. There are plenty of reasons to question the Pats as a landing spot besides some weather. What's uncomfortable to some is just posturing to others.
Milloy used to ***** about the cold. It's not new news, southern guys crying about the weather.

By posting an emoji of a hat. Let's see video of him stating on the record that he laughs at the cold and can't wait to make victory snow angels.

Where there's smoke there usually is fire. I have no doubt that given a choice, Daniels prefers to avoid New England and would be (privately) disappointed to come here.
If these guys need to go on video to refute every little thing that comes out they'd never have any time. That's just silly.

The story was that someone "in his camp" doesn't want him to go there - not him - and he said it's "cap" via his emoji, meaning not true. End of story. I don't know why he needs to give it any further attention?

I even just went to look up the original report, and it's been deleted. All I can find is Jayden's "cap" post, but the tweet he is replying to is gone:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back