PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Wednesday 9/27/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
Well, yes, though I don't think there's a whole lot of table pounding after three games. Who else is there? Tua, obviously. But after that, yes, Hurts is in the next tier with Mahomes, Allen, etc. Purdy's a new name in the mix.

It's still early enough in the season that we really don't know how it's all going to shake out yet.
In this day and age, sadly and often undeservedly, QBs are almost guaranteed to win the MVP award.
Even still, at this point in the season I have 4 non-QB players rated significantly more valuable than Purdy or Hurts.
Jefferson, Hill, McCaffrey, Parsons

On the SF roster, Purdy might be 3rd or 4th most valuable.

In this day and age, sadly and often undeservedly, QBs are almost guaranteed to win the MVP award.
Even still, at this point in the season I have 4 non-QB players rated significantly more valuable than Purdy or Hurts.
Jefferson, Hill, McCaffrey, Parsons

On the SF roster, Purdy might be 3rd or 4th most valuable.
Right, that's a good point. I was mainly talking top 5 QBs and not MVPlayer.

Mac's performance has to be understood in the context of our pass protection. We're currently ranked 31st by this composite measure:

View attachment 53179
According to Club Corky, the problem is that Mac doesn't set the protection, freezes up under pressure, and likes to be sacked so he can get opportunities for his cheap shots.

The 3rd and 15? or 17? play against the Jets was really a great sign of what this offense can do. The line held up and Mac hung in there as a big D lineman was baring down on him. Parker made a nice catch on the sideline. If the line can get it together, BoB can start calling more of those.
Agreed we actually did well on 3rd down against the jets.. the only blowout we had against them was on 2021.. but they are as stout defense.. I believe we are equal to them on Defense. You've said it! It all hinges on the Protection of the line. If we can build off the run game then everything is available for Mac.

Love the hoodie!!

I watched this one last night, JT was practically over-the-moon about Mac this week. Was a good watch. I don't think we credited Mac enough for some of these throws with a wet ball. 2 out of 3 games this year so far have been in the rain.
The QB School video on Mac Jones I saw him do last year was mostly JT politely disagreeing with Matt Patricia's play designs. I was glad to see the amount of positivity there was in this video.

While I applaud his toughness, get Strange healthy. His athleticism is his strength, if he's hobbled it diminishes what he does well and they options now with Mafi, Sow and Russey.

Also DT Manny Jones is a jag, bring in someone else... please.

I'd like to see Carl Davis back after his mature and rare comments following his release. He's more similar to Ekuale - and I correctly picked Ekuale as making it over Davis, but in the short term to fill a backup PS spot, why not bring the guy you have history with and knows the locker room.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back