PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats QB Room in for 2024

If Bill is still the GM they will get nothing and like it!

That's basically been his attitude towards offense. Bill took Brady/josh for granted taking care of that end.

Mac may still have turned out garbage as he never had a high ceiling. But the way they handled having a QB on a rookie deal gives me no faith id Bill is still coach/gm
This is my concern here. If BB is still here for the 2024 draft, I have serious concerns about his ability to draft on offence. His talent evaluations the last 6-7 years have led us to where we are now.

Maybe we can trade Mac Jones for Zach Wilson

I am thinking Mac is the vet . So have Mac and 2 rookie QB. One in 2nd round with most potential and one in 4th round super raw and insane physical attributes . Rinse and repeat 2 QBs for every 2 years with a a veteran to see which one is the franchise QB . That way you give 2 years of QB development. Very few will develop like stroud . So shore up the bases .

We will most likely be bottom 5 for next couple of years but that's probably needed for a decade of misfired drafts .

Keep 3 QBs every year till you find the QB of future . Play 2 and train the 3rd like he is the chosen one. Spend additional money and coaches on practice squad.

Play Mac the next year for first 8 matches till the rookie gets acclimatized and then play the 2nd rounder in second half.

It's not necessary we need to find our qb of future in 2024. For now I feel drake maye is probably the only realistic bet in 1st round. I am not comfortable stretching for McCarthy or nix in first round . If they are available in mid second round so be it. We know how 2021 draft panned out .

I

Mac, 2nd day pick QB, vet

not "my" pick, just what i think may happen.......unless you find a starting center, a starting LT, and 3 solid receivers in FA/draft, along with a FS and all the other needs, there's no need for a top 5 QB pick......you pick that guy, and you might as well play Mac next year, too

Definitely keep Mac. He’s cheap and there’s nothing like a young, once promising QB who is sitting on the bench for another team. They can shelve him and would probably get a trade offer at some point in 2024.

Definitely keep Mac. He’s cheap and there’s nothing like a young, once promising QB who is sitting on the bench for another team. They can shelve him and would probably get a trade offer at some point in 2024.
For all you know he could light up first half and some other team wants to trade him for a fourth or 3rd . No point giving away Mac for free. Unless you get Drake maye grab the best available offensive player in 1st round.

I am thinking Mac is the vet . So have Mac and 2 rookie QB. One in 2nd round with most potential and one in 4th round super raw and insane physical attributes . Rinse and repeat 2 QBs for every 2 years with a a veteran to see which one is the franchise QB . That way you give 2 years of QB development. Very few will develop like stroud . So shore up the bases .

We will most likely be bottom 5 for next couple of years but that's probably needed for a decade of misfired drafts .

Keep 3 QBs every year till you find the QB of future . Play 2 and train the 3rd like he is the chosen one. Spend additional money and coaches on practice squad.

Play Mac the next year for first 8 matches till the rookie gets acclimatized and then play the 2nd rounder in second half.

It's not necessary we need to find our qb of future in 2024. For now I feel drake maye is probably the only realistic bet in 1st round. I am not comfortable stretching for McCarthy or nix in first round . If they are available in mid second round so be it. We know how 2021 draft panned out .

I
What is the point of having Jones on the roster. You can’t win with him.

Its hard to say until we know where we are picking. If we stay top 3 gotta go with maye.

Otherwise, see if one of these second tier qbs fall to round 2.

Id only be open to a veteran if theyre signing for cam money or a one year deal. I dont wanna tie up too much cap space to someone whos likely not taking us anywhere regardless just to do marginally better. At that point id rather let mac start the year and get another high pick in 2025

Mac, 2024 first round pick, cheap journeyman veteran.
You think after that Breaking ball to a wide open Gesicki Mac will be on this Team next year?? You need Brain surgery. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Depends on whether they win 4 games or 6.

If they win 6, they'll have a tough time trading up from spot 9 for a top QB.

If they win 4, they may either land a top QB by staying put (Williams and Maye will go in top 4, as late as 5) or trading up with a marginal pick (2nd and maybe 2024 2nd or 3rd).

I'm going to say it's going to be Williams, Zappe and a vet QB (Cousins is out of reach, he'll start somewhere else if he leaves Minn.)

Mac is gone for a 4th rounder.
Sixth Rounder or Seventh Round conditional MacPick will not fetch a 4th book it.

You this after that Breaking ball to a wide open Gesicki Mac will be on this Team next year?? You need Brain surgery. :rolleyes:
He'll be on the team next year. It's the last year of his rookie deal. He might not be the starter next season but he'll be on the team.

He'll be on the team next year. It's the last year of his rookie deal. He might not be the starter next season but he'll be on the team.
No he won't be you have been wrong too many times.

After watching the last two games, do people really think we are winning 6 games.

After watching the last two games, do people really think we are winning 6 games.
I sure hope not hoping we don't win another.

What is the point of having Jones on the roster. You can’t win with him.
You never win with any bridge QB. Mac is the cheapest decent bridge QB you can get. If you think we can win next year with any QB we draft , you would need to be awarded the most loyal pats fan ever medal .

You never win with any bridge QB. Mac is the cheapest decent bridge QB you can get. If you think we can win next year with any QB we draft , you would need to be awarded the most loyal pats fan ever medal .
Since awful QB play caused at least 3 losses, we would be 5-5 if we didn’t have a slug at qb and we have 90 million to spent in free agency.
Giving up a year in order to wait on a draft pick who may cause you to give up another 3 is not a good plan.

Mac, 2024 first round pick, cheap journeyman veteran.
The cheap journeyman would make Jones #3 and cut at cut downs if he makes it that far. Would you have him on the practice squad?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back