Ryland Seems to have the edge at kicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
He's been a guy who has been talked about the last couple of days. According to the reports, he hit seven straight on Thursday, including several beyond 40-yards and seems to be poised to unseat Nick Folk. I know some didn't like the pick, but so far, he's apparently been terrific this preseason.

He's been a guy who has been talked about the last couple of days. According to the reports, he hit seven straight on Thursday, including several beyond 40-yards and seems to be poised to unseat Nick Folk. I know some didn't like the pick, but so far, he's apparently been terrific this preseason.
I think both rookies are going to make this team. They both have excellent power, and Barringer is Rylands holder all camp. They both appear to be good picks so far. We needed an improvement at both positions. We'll get to see kicking in the stadium tonight and that could tell us a lot.

He better beat out the ghost of Nick Folk. Wasting a 4th round pick on a kicker, this kid better be as good as Justin Tucker for the next 10 years.

He better beat out the ghost of Nick Folk. Wasting a 4th round pick on a kicker, this kid better be as good as Justin Tucker for the next 10 years.
It's not a waste. He's the first or second-best kicker in the draft depending on who you talk to. I seem to remember a guy named Gostkowski the picked that high and he turned out to be pretty good.

I hope we don't carry Two Kickers over a valuable position player young blood.

Would certainly hope so considering 35yds is Folk's max range.

I think both rookies are going to make this team. They both have excellent power, and Barringer is Rylands holder all camp. They both appear to be good picks so far. We needed an improvement at both positions. We'll get to see kicking in the stadium tonight and that could tell us a lot.
I think if he kicks well tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if they let Folk go early to let him try to catch on elsewhere.

Looks like potential challenging weather tonight too so could be a real test.

Folk has been great, but if Ryland continues to show promise, we need to go in that direction. Our ceiling is borderline playoff team. Not like either will be in a position to kick a game winner in the Super Bowl on this team anytime soon. Let's give the rookie an opportunity to develop at the NFL level.

I think if he kicks well tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if they let Folk go early to let him try to catch on elsewhere.
What's happening tonight?

In stadium practice for season ticket holders.
I'll add, this is a typically glorified walkthrough, not usually heavy contact or anything like that. Big emphasis on the kicking game as it's in the stadium. It's a good opportunity to get personel groups on/off the field and make sure everyone knows their assignments and such.

It's not a waste. He's the first or second-best kicker in the draft depending on who you talk to. I seem to remember a guy named Gostkowski the picked that high and he turned out to be pretty good.

You convinced me. If he gets cut in training camp it's not a waste because he was highly rated in the draft.

Nick Folk deserves some gratitude and a nice watch
We got way more out of Folk than could have been reasonably expected when he first arrived. Barely serviceable was what I expected, pretty darn good was what we got. That being said, he started getting kind of pumpkin-y last year and the last stroke of midnight has now sounded.

He has the edge because of draft pedigree and kickoff power....

But let's see him under pressure first.....Folk is reliable from 40 yards and in.....

Justin Tucker is an all time great. I’d “settle” for Gostkowski 2.0

the second RYLAND misses a 45 yarder in a preseason game, he's gone. Coach Bill predicates his post Brady offense on being "safe" and making 40 yard FG. making sure once they're at the opponents 30 Bill HAS to get his FG. Touchdowns are nice, but damn, he loves his 3 points

the second RYLAND misses a 45 yarder in a preseason game, he's gone. Coach Bill predicates his post Brady offense on being "safe" and making 40 yard FG. making sure once they're at the opponents 30 Bill HAS to get his FG. Touchdowns are nice, but damn, he loves his 3 points
Don't forget the high fives at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back