PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sam Adams anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c_nice_37

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
No, not the beer, bummer.

According to PFT he was cut by Cincy. Could he play NT in the 3-4? Too expensive for a backup? Surprised no one has posted this yet.

at 6"3 350..hes definatley a 3-4 NT

a little old but if PAtriots dont feel the younger guys can do better..they'll grab him like they did Traylor and Washington

No, not the beer, bummer.

According to PFT he was cut by Cincy. Could he play NT in the 3-4? Too expensive for a backup? Surprised no one has posted this yet.
i knew this was coming why would we sign adams when our d line is the deepest in the nfl? why did the bengals cut him? probably because hes over weight, i get a kick out of every player that is cut we get a thread that we should pick him up, if we have aneed thats one thing but most of them dont make sense im wating for andrew walter or rex grossman to get cut

i knew this was coming why would we sign adams when our d line is the deepest in the nfl? why did the bengals cut him? probably because hes over weight, i get a kick out of every player that is cut we get a thread that we should pick him up, if we have aneed thats one thing but most of them dont make sense im wating for andrew walter or rex grossman to get cut

we dont have the deepst DL lol...

we have the best starters but whos the good depth? Wright and Green.

Hill is a bust. Smith has done nothing. Brown hasnt proven anything.

the reports said likely cut because age..they want younger options

Last edited:

Considering its been a common theme on the board that we could use a NT to spell Wilfork.... perhaps the post has relevance.

Just as irritating is you complaining about every post that comes after a player becomes available.

We don't have a true backup NT, it is actually possible we'll be interested - believe it or not.

we dont have the deepst DL lol...

we have the best starters but whos the good depth? Wright and Green.

Hill is a bust. Smith has done nothing. Brown hasnt proven anything.

the reports said likely cut because age..they want younger options
would you like to put money that we sign him?wright is a pretty good backup as is green what you dont understand is you must have youth and good contracts along with the starters, with your rationale we will have all vets on a 1 year contract backing up people, im sorry it doent work that way in the nfl

Considering its been a common theme on the board that we could use a NT to spell Wilfork.... perhaps the post has relevance.
old, overwieght, expensine backup, it aint going to happen, as i said ive yet to see a player released that isnt posted here its comical

Just as irritating is you complaining about every post that comes after a player becomes available.

We don't have a true backup NT, it is actually possible we'll be interested - believe it or not.
what you all dont understand is that there is a salary cap and we just cant sign every one that comes available, weve spent some big dough, i guess we can pretend we are kids wishing things from santa claus, my point is we are getting close to the end, theyve done a great job restocking the team, but every one has to understand ther is a salary cap and a limit

wright, brown and smith are good backups, wright did a hell of a job holding his own last year

what you all dont understand is that there is a salary cap and we just cant sign every one that comes available, weve spent some big dough, i guess we can pretend we are kids wishing things from santa claus, my point is we are getting close to the end, theyve done a great job restocking the team, but every one has to understand ther is a salary cap and a limit

i think that the point that belichickfan is trying to make is not that we will sign him, or even if its in our best interests too, just that he plays a position that Bill Belichick is known to value (d-line), that he has the build to play 3-4 defense in particular, and that in the past he has played at a very high level - when you consider all that, its definitely not the wildest of notions for the pats to have some level of interest in the guy.

i think that the point that belichickfan is trying to make is not that we will sign him, or even if its in our best interests too, just that he plays a position that Bill Belichick is known to value (d-line), that he has the build to play 3-4 defense in particular, and that in the past he has played at a very high level - when you consider all that, its definitely not the wildest of notions for the pats to have some level of interest in the guy.
i totally agree but how much dough do you think they have left? they sign him and they might have to cut brown or wright you have to have a eye for thr future

I think he's way past his prime and too expensive, too bad...for Sam Adams is a true Patriot!

i totally agree but how much dough do you think they have left? they sign him and they might have to cut brown or wright you have to have a eye for thr future

why cut Wright or Brown? They both can play NT and DE..Marquise is striclty a DE..a bad one and Smith is a NT. Those are more likely cuts

I saw that he was cut and was going to post should we sign him in case Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Green and Wright all got hurt at the same time, as a joke. In a way, this thread is a joke anyway.

At least it isn't as dumb as the "will randy moss return punts for us because he did it in college 11 years ago?" thread.

On PFT they said he started all 16 games but only ended up with ten, that's right ten, tackles.

Personally, I like posters that find out who's available and post profiles so I can judge for myself.

The Summer Ale - absolutely.

The washed up has been lineman - no thanks.

The Summer Ale - absolutely.

The washed up has been lineman - no thanks.

On the commercials they say the Boston Lager is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back