PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some OL chatter

We've had game plans with Brady where the ball was always nearly out in under 2 seconds. I recall one of the pass rushers complaining to Brady that he wasn't being given a fair chance. :)

Maybe we go heavy - lots of 2 or 3 TE sets, or Wheatley (converted TE) as an extra eligible lineman. Lots of screens and draws with a bit of play-action to keep them honest.

I do agree it may be Anderson at RT (although I think he is better at LT). Hard to tell what the team thinks at backup C between Jake and Russey.

Jake is on the 53 and Russey is on the PS. I think they still like Jake better although they might be waiting to see. When they drafted Mafi and Jake Andrews I think that said Hines and Russey did not impress.

Jake is on the 53 and Russey is on the PS. I think they still like Jake better although they might be waiting to see. When they drafted Mafi and Jake Andrews I think that said Hines and Russey did not impress.
Jake played better as preseason wore on and after a slow start, he played best towards the end. He may have won the backup job outright, they might think he can learn more being active on game day listening and learning, they can also hide Russey easier on the practice squad because he was an UDFA. Russey is still on the team, they didn't give up on him.

It’s Judgement Day for the Patriots OL.

We probably win if we had just one of our starting guards. Absolutely no push in the run game.

Yeah, BOB is a great OC. He revamped thd offense, truly dumbed it down, for quick passes and runs. He knew the rookies would struggle. And they did.

If Cole Strange had been able to play, it’s a different scenario. Mafi is still green.

I don’t believe he is our best option at LG after Strange. Sow is.

And Hines should have been kept at his natural RG position. His physique is almost identical to Onwenu’s.

That holding penalty by Mafi was a drive killer coming a couple of plays after the BS holding call against HH. We were moving, too.

Is it wrong for me to want the team to start Sow and Mafi regardless of injuries to Onwenu and Strange? If they are playing well…that’s our future and we have trade options.

That holding penalty by Mafi was a drive killer coming a couple of plays after the BS holding call against HH. We were moving, too.
Agree the refs killed our drive, I don't blame Mafi, he didn't really grab anything.

But Mac had plenty of time to throw in the 1st qtr. The Eagles didn't blitz and tried to rush with just 4 guys. It didn't work.

Yeah, BOB is a great OC. He revamped thd offense, truly dumbed it down, for quick passes and runs. He knew the rookies would struggle. And they did.

If Cole Strange had been able to play, it’s a different scenario. Mafi is still green.

I don’t believe he is our best option at LG after Strange. Sow is.

And Hines should have been kept at his natural RG position. His physique is almost identical to Onwenu’s.

It's really kind of early for me to make judgements on the players but when has BOB been a great OC?

Onwenu left the game. His first back since offseason ankle surgery.

Did you see how huge he was? There’s a reason the three year starter all big ten performer was taken so late in the draft. NFL scouts were turned off by his weight. Up to 370 in college.

Last night he looked as if he were Steve DeOssiee who has entered the witness protection and turned himself into The Blob.

I’m guessing he was close to 370.

Certainly no where near the conditioning required to play a full game. Also, probably dangerous to his health being so fat and thrown out there.

That’s a guess why Mafi came in for him.

Alex Barth said months ago if this team would fail it would be because of the mess the offensive line is, and he was spot on.

Alex Barth said months ago if this team would fail it would be because of the mess the offensive line is, and he was spot on.
Everyone has been saying that. The only guy who didn’t seem to recognize it was Bill.

If your OL is bad your offense will be bad.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back