PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suggestions for Dressing for Gillette in a Downpour

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan37

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Full suit of rain gear? Small umbrella (will have one anyway for walking to the car)? Poncho?
Or just t-shirt and shorts - if they can tough it out, so can I. ;)

ZS03NPATRIOTSX2.jpg

50's wind and heavy rain? Full suit or rain gear, or upgrade your tickets to the inside ones.

Full suit of rain gear? Small umbrella (will have one anyway for walking to the car)? Poncho?
Or just t-shirt and shorts - if they can tough it out, so can I. ;)
My solution for today: rain suit (jacket and pants) with rain poncho on top -- either individually won't keep you dry. I aim to laugh at the rain. Note: they won't let you carry an umbrella into the stadium.

My solution for today: rain suit (jacket and pants) with rain poncho on top -- either individually won't keep you dry. I aim to laugh at the rain. Note: they won't let you carry an umbrella into the stadium.
Will they let me take small binoculars in my 11"x11" clear plastic freezer bag?

Don't wear any cotton, especially for the base layers. It's gonna be wet and cold, wear polypro
and/or wool. You may get wet, but if you layer properly and put on just the right buzz, the weather won't matter. :cool:

My solution is I sold my tickets to a die hard Pats fan for face value. If this were the playoffs I would definitely be there but I hate the idea of standing in the rain for four hours, no matter how well protected I am.

Much respect to all of you tough guys and gals fighting the elements! I’m sure the red seats will be empty.

My solution is I sold my tickets to a die hard Pats fan for face value. If this were the playoffs I would definitely be there but I hate the idea of standing in the rain for four hours, no matter how well protected I am.

Much respect to all of you tough guys and gals fighting the elements! I’m sure the red seats will be empty.
You disappoint me. :mad: Weather games are the BEST of all!

Pink hat!

I do enjoy nice weather games.

I kinda like the snow too.

Rain stinks. I melt in it.

What the man said. Would only add: if the rain is serious, remember to think about your feet and legs. Walkways and car parks become ponds and streams. Waterproof boots are a must.

coldest Gillette conditions I’ve experienced:
1) Freezing rain
2) rain
3) snow
4) extreme cold, but no snow

cold you can deal with through layers. Rain soaks your clothes and makes you miserable.

I echo that water proof jacket and pants are 100% necessary as are water proof boots. I wear waterproof work boots.

Ughh. I don’t mind snow, but heavy rain is the worst. I’m still going though, unlike some people around here :)

I don't go often but my friend has season tickets and I'm determined to see the master at work at least one more time before he retires (never know when that'll be). My friend offered this game some weeks ago and I'm sure not backing out now!
Let it rain!

My suggestion.
1) Dress like it's winter...cold weather gear
2) Poncho is the best thing in rain like this (decent poncho, not 2 dollar throw away)
3) Baseball cap with bill to keep rain off face if not coming down straight and also keeps the poncho hood from covering your eyes and annoyingly blocking your view.
4) dry shoes for after the game and extra wool socks

I've been to plenty of rainy/snowy games and that's how I go after learning through misery.

1975 season opener versus Oilers was the wettest I have ever been at a game, watching, playing ever... Oilers won 7-0 on a fumble recovery but it was a monsoon...
Patriots Lose on Fumble, 7‐0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents