PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talk Radio and the tone of discussion on NFL message boards

My radio konked out when my battery died and I had to reprogram it. Afterwards I never plugged the sports talk stations back in and stick to spotify instead. I’m much happier.

Who needs the negativity, we have our own version of those guys here anyhow. You’ll find them above ^ defending these radio bildos, telling us their opinions are valid and these shock jocks are not simply trolling for views.
True, opinions aren’t valid. Good point wozzy

True, opinions aren’t valid. Good point wozzy
Knew before clicking on the link I’d find you here telling us excessive negativity was a good thing.

Knew before clicking on the link I’d find you here telling us excessive negativity was a good thing.
I didn’t say it was good or bad, I knew based on our history you’d purposely misinterpret what I said to make your post seem relevant. I said he’s free to have his opinion, we will see what the results are in the future

I didn’t say it was good or bad, I knew based on our history you’d purposely misinterpret what I said to make your post seem relevant. I said he’s free to have his opinion, we will see what the results are in the future
I’m not getting into a *********** with you today, I told you I’m avoiding abject negativity. And your passive aggressive brand of negativity isn’t any different.

I’m not getting into a *********** with you today, I told you I’m avoiding abject negativity. And your passive aggressive brand of negativity isn’t any different.
Allowing somebody an opinion isn’t negativity, I liked the Gonzales pick a lot…I also acknowledge some don’t. And that’s ok

Allowing somebody an opinion isn’t negativity, I liked the Gonzales pick a lot…I also acknowledge some don’t. And that’s ok
Generating negative opinions strictly because it’s a company mandate on WEEI or SportsHub is not legitimate opinions. It’s trolling for clicks and views because the data has told you that’s what prompts a greater response and viewership. Only rubes who buy into it think it’s real. But I’m sure that’s not you.

Opinions are formulated by ideology, observation or a collection of facts/circumstances.

Sorts radio "opinions" are scripted and purposed to generate emotion which in turn drives ratings.

Opinions are formulated by ideology, observation or a collection of facts/circumstances.

Sorts radio "opinions" are scripted and purposed to generate emotion which in turn drives ratings.
So what he based his opinion on wasn’t valid?

Does Fox News offer a genuine opinion on politics or is its "opinions" driven by catering to its viewership?
I asked you a question, he gave his opinion based on his performance against both good and bad teams. With stats to back them up. So based on your criteria his opinion is valid…right?

I emphasized this a number of times in this thread.

I wrote that they stir the pot for attention. Everyone knows this. It's why I said it.

I wrote this because stuff from talk radio is imported onto this board and on twitter and it soon dominates the discussion.

It's all over this board.
Gotcha,man. I agree 100%

I asked you a question, he gave his opinion based on his performance against both good and bad teams. With stats to back them up. So based on your criteria his opinion is valid…right?
Let's break this down.

OK- Chris Gasper has an opinion which is based on some perceived performance-based observations vs Georgia and Bama which he is getting 2nd and 3rd hand.

What we know is Chris Gasper is not football expert. He is a media personality who has the public persona of being a contrarian.

My point is just because someone has an opinion it does not mean it's "valid".

Opinions should taken seriously only when the source can be taken seriously.

Here is an example. Rumor is Gonzalez didn't interview well with the Squealers and with Tomlin because he thought he wasn't competitive enough. Tomlin's opinion is valid because it is based on answers to questions he asked Gonzalez directly.

I can't stand Tomlin but the man has been in the NFL as a coach for 30 years, has been pretty successful and seemingly has no agenda towards Gonzalez. If you want a definition of a "valid opinion" - that is one.

re: Gasper's opinion means nothing to me but Tomlin's does.

Let's break this down.

OK- Chris Gasper has an opinion which is based on some perceived performance-based observations vs Georgia and Bama which he is getting 2nd and 3rd hand.

What we know is Chris Gasper is not football expert. He is a media personality who has the public persona of being a contrarian.

My point is just because someone has an opinion it does not mean it's "valid".
All of this is just you not admitting that he based his opinion off of his performance, backed by facts. Which was apart of your criteria.
Opinions should taken seriously only when the source can be taken seriously.
Who should be taken seriously is your opinion
Here is an example. Rumor is Gonzalez didn't interview well with the Squealers and with Tomlin because he thought he wasn't competitive enough. Tomlin's opinion is valid because it is based on answers to questions he asked Gonzalez directly.

I can't stand Tomlin but the man has been in the NFL as a coach for 30 years, has been pretty successful and seemingly has no agenda towards Gonzalez. If you want a definition of a "valid opinion" - that is one.

re: Gasper's opinion means nothing to me but Tomlin's does.
Gasper reiterated Tomlins comments in to help back his opinion. So he now has facts based on performance and a coaches findings on the player. Nobody knows if gasper will be right or the team, but to say that a guy using those things to back an opinion isn’t valid is hilarious.

Meaning something to you and saying it’s not valid criticism is two different things

Eff sports radio.

All of this is just you not admitting that he based his opinion off of his performance, backed by facts. Which was apart of your criteria.
What are the facts exactly? Please list them out. I might be missing them.
Who should be taken seriously is your opinion
Yes. Your opinion is Gasper's opinion should be taken seriously and is valid.
Gasper reiterated Tomlins comments in to help back his opinion. So he now has facts based on performance and a coaches findings on the player.
He has opinions and rumors to support his opinions. Is that a "valid opinion"? Really?
Nobody knows if gasper will be right or the team, but to say that a guy using those things to back an opinion isn’t valid is hilarious.
Your definition of a "valid opinion" is equally hilarious.
Meaning something to you and saying it’s not valid criticism is two different things
Sure is. Sorry to inform you but you certainly are not the one who defines the standard for "valid opinion".

What are the facts exactly? Please list them out. I might be missing them.
Look them up or listen to his segment, I know you can do it
Yes. Your opinion is Gasper's opinion should be taken seriously and is valid.
My opinion is that opinions are allowed
He has opinions and rumors to support his opinions. Is that a "valid opinion"? Really?
You just said you took tomlins opinion seriously, he used that about his character along with the stats about his year to formulate his thoughts. It’s not rocket science. He could be totally wrong
Your definition of a "valid opinion" is equally hilarious.
You gave the criteria unfortunately
Sure is. Sorry to inform you but you certainly are not the one who defines the standard for "valid opinion".
Agreed, you gave the criteria and gaspers opinion meets it

Look them up or listen to his segment, I know you can do it
I asked you to state what is your definition of a fact. I know you can do it.
My opinion is that opinions are allowed
Sure. Your opinion is also all opinions are valid which is absurd.
You just said you took tomlins opinion seriously, he used that about his character along with the stats about his year to formulate his thoughts. It’s not rocket science. He could be totally wrong
I take Tomlin's opinion seriously because he is an SME. I can then choose to agree/disagree with it. Gasper is not an SME.
You gave the criteria unfortunately
Not really. You did which is desperate need of refinement.
Agreed, you gave the criteria and gaspers opinion meets it
See above.

I asked you to state what is your definition of a fact. I know you can do it.
You asked for the facts, as in what did gasper list. Again, give his segment a listen if you’d like them
Sure. Your opinion is also all opinions are valid which is absurd.
I’m for everybody giving opinions, I take some more seriously than others, like you.
I take Tomlin's opinion seriously because he is an SME. I can then choose to agree/disagree with it. Gasper is not an SME.
I hope you don’t take any opinion on this board seriously if your criteria is the above. I’m also not telling you to agree or disagree with anybody you don’t want
Not really. You did which is desperate need of refinement.

See above.
Gaspers opinion was formed with statistics from Gonzales’ year, PFF grades and a coaches criticism. Not sure how else somebody can form an opinion.

It's simple. Mediots have lots of air waves to fill. Most of what they are saying is either totally made up or hugely exaggerated. Note how no one is saying Tom Curran should be fired for the role he played in this whole made-up Mac Jones narrative. What that means is he's gonna keep throwing more **** against the wall to see what sticks. Why not? It's next to impossible to get fired from his job as long as he puts in enough weasel words to protect himself. The only fear is some other ass clown comes along who is more willing to make **** up or exaggerate takes his job. At the end of the day, this entire "BB is pissed", "Mac was shopped" narrative has amounted to absolutely nothing, well, except for lots of ad revenue for the media. Felger is saying what he is doing is entertainment. We should all ask ourselves if we feel entertained or not.
? Curran has said repeatedly that Mac Jones isn't going to be traded and will be the QB for the Pats this year.

I was listening to Ted Johnson & Phil Johnson this AM, Ted seemed to like the direction that the draft took.. while Perry seemed critical of just about every pick after round #1...
After listening for a while they went circular and after praising Gonzalez, they went down the road of who they could have drafted instead.. it never ends and will not listen tomorrow as the controversy/nontroversies will ensue..
I try to be informed not being persuaded on what I think was a pretty good draft.. unfortunately sports talk media is not a good choice..

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back