PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB12 method pays off for Gronkowski this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not Gronk's size, nor do I workout like he does, but I'm 6'4" 230 and work out around 2-3 hours a day. I'd say 120-140 oz is about what I consume a day.

Work out 2-3 hours per day? Wow. Do you have a working career?

I am happy to blast out a mile in the pool in about 35 mins, 3 times a week, but I cannot imagine dedicating that much time to working out. I have crap to do.

They are good for you as are most berries but strawberries are loaded with cellulose, glucose and fructose

There are 7 grams of sugar in a cup of strawberries, 18 in bananas, 13 in apples, 16 in pineapple, 15 in grapes. Grapefruit is 9 grams, oranges 12, cantaloupe 13.

Strawberries are by no means loaded with sugar, they just taste good. They are among the lowest sugar fruits. To sum up my reply to your post: No.

Edit-- forgot to add that Cellulose is the chemical name for fiber, which is good. It's good to be loaded with fiber. Google is your pal my man.

Work out 2-3 hours per day? Wow. Do you have a working career?

I am happy to blast out a mile in the pool in about 35 mins, 3 times a week, but I cannot imagine dedicating that much time to working out. I have crap to do.

About 1.5 hours of Army PT everyday and then my own stuff on top of that.

Contrary to some popular belief, much of the TB12 and Guerrero stuff has merit. It's not a whole-scale replacement for western medicine and nutrition regimens. Rather, it's intended to supplement conventional approaches, not necessarily supplant them.

I don't know if that is true or not. But I have seen several examples or outrageous claims that are not only backed by absolutely no science, but proven wrong by science. Guerrero is a con artist. His record speaks for itself.

I dont get the special water reference. I thought it was Russ Wilson that claimed the special water he drinks can help with concussions whereas Brady essentially only said that proper hydration in general helps preventing them.

Did it happen differently?

I think Tom said he avoids sun burn with hydration.
Tom also said he drinks Neurosafe, a sports drink to prevent concussions.
Russel Wilson also made a similar claim about another sports drink called Recovery Water.

I don't know if that is true or not. But I have seen several examples or outrageous claims that are not only backed by absolutely no science, but proven wrong by science. Guerrero is a con artist. His record speaks for itself.
You dafoe logic again.

IMO none of this is a big deal, but Wickersham's article and the subsequent *********** by the talk show mediots made it more than it probably is, not very confident that the Pats would make a big deal about diet as long as the player if performing and maintaining his weight.

The issue is that his training methods conflicted with those that the Pats adhere to, eastern medicine can be great, but the whole water & electrolytes brouhaha can be controversial.. that will not cure everything, despite the claims..

I suspect that the Moses Cabrera & staff will integrate more flexibility and pliability stuff to compliment what they have traditionally done.. the issue was that the Pats expected one thing and AG opposed that method. Nobody is right if everybody is wrong...

OTOH players need to buy into something to make it work for them.. if you believe it is going to work, it will work much better...

Thanks, Doc...

About 1.5 hours of Army PT everyday and then my own stuff on top of that.
As a former Marine, here's what we thought of Army PT:

Just kidding, of course, especially knowing what you guys have to endure in the Middle East.

As a former Marine, here's what we thought of Army PT:

Just kidding, of course, especially knowing what you guys have to endure in the Middle East.

Depending on the unit, that could be an accurate representation lol. That's the one thing about the Army; everything changes radically from unit to unit.

Thank you for your service.

IMO none of this is a big deal, but Wickersham's article and the subsequent *********** by the talk show mediots made it more than it probably is, not very confident that the Pats would make a big deal about diet as long as the player if performing and maintaining his weight.

The issue is that his training methods conflicted with those that the Pats adhere to, eastern medicine can be great, but the whole water & electrolytes brouhaha can be controversial.. that will not cure everything, despite the claims..

I suspect that the Moses Cabrera & staff will integrate more flexibility and pliability stuff to compliment what they have traditionally done.. the issue was that the Pats expected one thing and AG opposed that method. Nobody is right if everybody is wrong...

OTOH players need to buy into something to make it work for them.. if you believe it is going to work, it will work much better...

My take on the article was a little bit different. I agree with your point that the Pats would not care about the TB12 diet as long as strength/weight was being maintained.

Where I suspect Guerrero became problematic was if he started contradicting the conditioning staff, i.e. "Don't rehab with those pull-ups they asked you to do, they will increase your potential of back injury.", or "Bench press regimens are shown to decrease your career by 1-2 years, you should use my [alternate method] for chest strength".

Basically casting seeds of doubt in the minds of the players against the Patriots trainers; whose best interests do they have at heart? Would they ask Gronkowski to do something that would benefit the team in the short term (i.e. make him stronger) but hurt him in the long term (i.e. increase risk of injury).

I can only imagine how conflicted the training staff can be -- the pressure to get players back on the field must be immense -- and there have been enough rumors of NFL trainers who chewed up players for their own benefit. For a guy like Gronkowski with a history of medical issues, I can appreciate him not trusting the company trainers in favor of his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents