PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THANK YOU FOR THE MEMORIES COACH BELICHICK!!! LET THE ZAPPE ERA BEGIN!!!

This organization failed him

Case study in ****ing up a young QB

put Mac in Miami the last 3 years and he's >/= Tua, plain and simple

Those two were as close to identical coming out as any two QBs all time

Miami developed an offense based on his strengths, they rolled with the bumps, they hit him weapons

The Patriots did none of that....Mac became a problem because they made him a problem
I'll agree with the part that the Patriots and particularly BB ruined Mac Jones development.

But the rest Mac did to himself. He just ain't that guy. And I think you overestimate his talent in comparison to Tua.

Tua has shown that he can make plays at the NFL level and improve every year. Mac has just shown regression, pouting, and poor decisions in the worst moments.

Whatever Mac 'could have been' he'll never reach that ceiling. His ego must be destroyed right now. He needs therapy sessions and a long break to flip burgers and reconsider his career. Because professional football, that's not a thing that Mac Jones can do at a high level anymore.

Maybe he can be a backup level QB for another NFL team someday but it feels like Mac Jones is just 'done' in New England. Stick a fork in him. People are even burning his jersey in their backyards!

Mac fans have given up on creating excuses for Mac and all they have left is Zappe hate. I think what they miss is most of us who knew Corks wasn't the answer just wanted other options which, at the time and now, is Zappe.

Most of us don't actually think Zappe is a legit NFL QB, if that helps you cope with being dead wrong about Corks being the answer at the QB position.

Mac fans have given up on creating excuses for Mac and all they have left is Zappe hate. I think what they miss is most of us who knew Corks wasn't the answer just wanted other options which, at the time and now, is Zappe.

Most of us don't actually think Zappe is a legit NFL QB, if that helps you cope with being dead wrong about Corks being the answer at the QB position.
Funny how those same excuses are being used for Zappe though :)

I don’t think there are really any Mac fans either. Speaking for myself I wanted to see one more year what he was like with a real NFL OC calling plays and that would tell us if he’s the guy. I think we got our answer.

Last edited:
I'm a black belt jiu jutsu, boxing heavyweight champion I'd whoop yo ass

Ok....but I also don't see you calling someone else a "****y" for failing to meet your standards on a message board

And speaking of guts, I was elbow deep in deer guts Friday

Ok....but I also don't see you calling someone else a "****y" for failing to meet your standards on a message board

And speaking of guts, I was elbow deep in deer guts Friday
Where do you hunt at?

you seem super tuff and cool
Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

excellent post Froob.

western clint eastwood GIF

I'll agree with the part that the Patriots and particularly BB ruined Mac Jones development.

But the rest Mac did to himself. He just ain't that guy. And I think you overestimate his talent in comparison to Tua.

Tua has shown that he can make plays at the NFL level and improve every year. Mac has just shown regression, pouting, and poor decisions in the worst moments.

Whatever Mac 'could have been' he'll never reach that ceiling. His ego must be destroyed right now. He needs therapy sessions and a long break to flip burgers and reconsider his career. Because professional football, that's not a thing that Mac Jones can do at a high level anymore.

Maybe he can be a backup level QB for another NFL team someday but it feels like Mac Jones is just 'done' in New England. Stick a fork in him. People are even burning his jersey in their backyards!
Well yeah, most people are idiots

Coming out, those two had near identical levels of experience, coaching, skill sets, scouting reports, etc....I even think Macs Wonderlic was higher

Miami developed Tua, the Patriots failed Mac.....we've become the Jets at this point

Most high draft QB busts don't fail, they are failed by bad teams

The Pats are just another bad team right now, and a simple QB change isn't going to change that

Mac needs to go at this point, because the Patriots broke him

The failings right now are organizational

Does he seem like a nice guy? That's not what I've seen on the field. Why does he have a reputation of being a dirty player trying to hurt people if he's such a nice guy.

And remember him Corky trying to lay a shoulder on a DB while running out of bounds earlier in the game on maybe the only good run he had all day?
What a ****ing clueless, chicken-****, punk-ass ***** he is.

...That reaction for that injury was unlike anything I have seen on a Football field. It shows low pain tolerance and physical toughness which is probably a part of why he just panicks when he sees rushers coming at him.

Bingo.

In literature, it's Corky's Fatal Flaw. It's for the same reason that he would NEVER have the same success as Tua & Purdy if he just had their "weppunz."

Zappe era, another noodle armed undersized stiff :rofl:

The only era that will be starting is when they draft another quarterback.
Mac failed the year three test and Zappe and Grier aren't kicking the doors down in practice, these are tough times. I heard that Butch from the Cape called into WEEI and described Zappe as "he's short, he has a weak arm, he's short he has a weak arm...".

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Venison roast with potato, shrooms, and onion about to come out now....red wine/beef stock

Slow start this season, only about 75lbs of venison in the freezer....but plenty of time left

Haven't bought red meat in 6 years?
Me and a friend scouted a good spot today, lots of signs so we know there in there, just bedded down in the day, we'll have to get there real early once shotgun season opens up here in Mass. Had a big 8 pointer in my yard the other night, he saw me and froze slowly turned his head to look at me and then took off like a bullet.

Good qb's overcome adversity. Mac never did. I gave up on him last season, I hoped he would do well, but he never did. Before we say Zappe has failed, lets give him the starting roll, with the starters and let him prep for a game, then we can judge him. I don't think he will be anything, but who knows.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back