PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The British Open

Ciara's Dad

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Turnberry, Scotland

Tom Watson in the Clubhouse at -5, leading at the moment. Some great golf played by the 59yo. Very humble in his interview afterwards.
Tiger +1 after 18 holes. Poor stuff on a very accomodating course. The conditions for the morning golfers was everything they could have wanted. He will be furious with himself.
I'm at work, an hours drive away from the Ayrshire coast, and it is lashing down with rain here. The afternoon's golfers may have to get the waterproofs on.

Round 2

Brilliant recovery by Tom Watson who, after a birdie at the first, went on to bogey the next 5 holes. The conditions were were very poor, and I feared the worst for him. He got it together and ended up level par for the day, and is now joint leader with another American, Steve Marino. His puts on the 16th and 18th were fantastic. Good luck to him tomorrow. :D

Round 3
Another great round from 59 year old Tom Watson sees him take a one shot lead into the final round tomorrow. Although he finished +1 for the round, only 5 of 65 players posted an under par score today.
He goes out tomorrow with Aussie player Mathew Goggin. Also only one behind along with Goggin is Englishman Ross Fisher.
I really hope Tom goes onto win it but there is a group of 4 players only a couple of shots off the lead, anyone of them is capable of winning. They are
Westwood, Goosen, Furyk and Cink.
As one of the commentators has pointed out, Lee Westwood hasn't had a break on the greens during the first 3 rounds but is driving beautifully. He is due some luck tomorrow.

I'm not sure what is going through Ross Fisher's mind at the moment. Joint second in the Open and he has declared that if is wife goes into labour at any point he will walk off the course and go and join her. :confused:
To do what? Be in a room with a squealing woman suffering in pain surrounded by other women who are paid to be there and get the job done. If he has any sense, he will do everything possible to miss the birth, go and visit her in the hospital room with some flowers and balloons, then go on the piss with his mates. ;)

Congratulations to Stewart Cink on winning his first major, beating Tom Watson in a play-off.
But what sporting drama on the 18th with Tom just needing a par to win it, he goes and bogeys it! Unbelievable!
I think the 18th hole took so much out of him, that he had nothing left for the play-off.
It was a fantastic tournament. Look out in the future for the 16-year-old Italian youngster, Matteo Manaserro.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back