PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Laugh at the Steelers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I'm thinking close 1st 1/2 and typical take control of the game 2nd 1/2.

Pats will cover and then some.
I could also see first drive TD, turnover and a score and a couple of fgs in the first quarter and a half to be up 20-0 and cruise from there.

There are still idiots in this thread who refuse to acknowledge that the Steelers would have been the significantly easier match up?

Yikes.

Pats will roll the Jags, but a game against Pittsburgh would have been won by 30+ points.

There are still idiots in this thread who refuse to acknowledge that the Steelers would have been the significantly easier match up?

Yikes.

Pats will roll the Jags, but a game against Pittsburgh would have been won by 30+ points.
Wanna bet?

I could also see first drive TD, turnover and a score and a couple of fgs in the first quarter and a half to be up 20-0 and cruise from there.

Also very possible.

I think they might want to run it down JAX throats and get the LBs on isolation with DLew, White and Burk.

Also very possible.

I think they might want to run it down JAX throats and get the LBs on isolation with DLew, White and Burk.
They will certainly use the run but the game plan, IMO, will be throwing between the numbers to Gronk, amendola, hogan and the backs and hitting cooks on short stuff when they play off and get a couple of deep shots to him set up by the shorter and inside passing game.

It’s a hat and T-shirt game which means it will be properly placed in Brady’s hands.

They will certainly use the run but the game plan, IMO, will be throwing between the numbers to Gronk, amendola, hogan and the backs and hitting cooks on short stuff when they play off and get a couple of deep shots to him set up by the shorter and inside passing game.

It’s a hat and T-shirt game which means it will be properly placed in Brady’s hands.
This would have been such a good game for Jules. His ability to get that quick separation is a weapon.

Agree- A lot of Gronk. Barry Church or Telvin Smith have the speed to stay with him but size is the question.

Dion and Burk on Poz and Jack all day in isolation. Clear out the middle.

Yikes.

You think the point spread would have been bigger than -9? You’re nuts. But I do think Jacksonville is a team that can give us unique problems. I think most people would be able to handle a loss better if it were to Jacksonville than to a team that’s been obsessively beating their chests and then whining after every loss since 2001.

Agree.

I despise the Squealers....everything about them.

JAX D is better than what they had shown yesterday. I think it'll be a tough, hard fought game but Pats will win.
I think the game is going to be fairly non competitive myself. It will be similar to the Titans game.

I thought the Steelers were going to come back in the second half
They basically did come back, just could not finish and their D looked like a Division 3 college D against the freakin Jags

Still, I think it's extraordinary that a young team like the Jags were able to beat the Steelers on the road in the playoffs and that they can't be taken lightly
I think the Steelers are the joke. They flat out sucked, fell behind 21-0, then turned it on Offensively but it was not enough. The Patriots were once again the reason the Steelers bounce from the playoffs.

Jags already saying they are winning the Super Bowl. Pats will be quiet, then professionally destroy and dismiss the Jags.

I expect the game to be somewhat close at the half before the Pats pull away in the 3rd. I don’t think the Pats will be taking the ball if they win the coin toss either.
Pats in a laugher. I think it will be like 2014 against the Colts, 45-7 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes