PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Return Of Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord I hope they banish him to Boxing. It's been so PEACEFUL around here. And there are enough mediots covering our football team we don't need another.

"If he was being paid for his De La Hoya work, then Borges should be told, in no uncertain terms to take his two-month suspension and keep right on walking out onto Morrissey Boulevard and not ever return. And his big buddy Union reps - who leapt to his defense in early March - can whistle Dixie on that one.

As one industry insider told us, “This would be like Borges writing for and being paid by Patriots.com, but still covering the team for the Globe.”

Only this is a worse ethical breach. De La Hoya is a one-man corporation. He’s not only a boxer, but a rising promoter, who Borges will clearly need to be dealing with for the foreseeable future if he continues to cover boxing.

In other words, where’s the objectivity? If Borges was paid by GoldenBoy promotions (and the credential and his seating at the event, would suggest he was), how will he ever be able to cover the boxer with any semblance of objectivity again? And even if he is able to separate his working relationship from his journalistic coverage, is this really the type of issue that the Boston Globe should be getting involved in? Especially considering the mistrust and skepticism that now exists for Borges and his work in the wake of his suspension and the “plagiarism” that Globe editor Martin Baron said the paper “does not tolerate.”

At the very least, it brings Borges decision-making back into question even before his suspension officially ends with his first Globe piece in 60-plus days."

Lord I hope they banish him to Boxing. It's been so PEACEFUL around here. And there are enough mediots covering our football team we don't need another.

Agreed. The last thing we need is him back on board. Felger seems to have picked up some of his slack in Patriot Bashing Club,plus the Glob itself might even gain some credibility back if they fired him. He has no standards,that much is obvious. I'm sick of them all-Jackie Mac,Borges,Felger,Curly...I think what bothers me the most is the fact that the national media takes some of it's cues from the local reporters,begging the question just how much of this anti-Pats sentiment floating around the league stems,directly or even indirectly, from our very own. :enranged:

Ron's forte is the boxing game, he is the resident contrarian for the Pats as a sideline, unfortunately he is thought of a some kind of expert in football, however his venom for BB veils any semblance of being rational.

Agreed. The last thing we need is him back on board. Felger seems to have picked up some of his slack in Patriot Bashing Club,plus the Glob itself might even gain some credibility back if they fired him. He has no standards,that much is obvious. I'm sick of them all-Jackie Mac,Borges,Felger,Curly...

I used to love reading the Globe sports page but it has become a shadow of its former self. Reiss is one of a handful of actual "reporters". The rest are either in public pissing matches with local athletes and/or coaches, or spend too much time toeing the company line in favor of the Red Sox that they let the other sports fall by the wayside.

Let Borges walk, do the same with CHB and even Jackie Mac. Put Cafardo on the high school indoor track beat, and let some of their younger, talented writers take over the "premier" roles at the paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back