PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In your opinion, how good does the #3 pick QB need to be?

I don't know man, after the last few years I think it'd be great if only for a few weeks we were all on the same page just virtually high fiving each other for all having the same great ideas. Just for a little while. It could be nice.

I think that takes place when they win a Lombardi, but when it’s about changes everyone will have different takes. For my part I can guarantee that I will take no exception to anyone agreeing completely with me. In fact I will consider them to be very wise in doing so.

Agreed. Going QB for QBs sake in 2021 turned out to be a big mistake. Having Christian Darrisaw right now would be really nice.

They had Cam Newton at QB, and he was even worse than Jones.

Bailey Zappe, our 4th pick.

Is Bailey Zappe + Christian Darrisaw > Bailey Zappe + Mac Jones?
The only problem with this is that Bailey Zappe is your QB.

This is the eternal problem: you have to keep drafting these guys until your QB can beat out Zappe.

Try like hell to get Philip Rivers to not retire

Not necessary. Fortunately they played their way into the 3rd pick in the draft, so now they can take a really good QB prospect with that pick. And this draft is strong enough at Tackle that they can move back up into the second half of the first round and end up with their QB and his protection. a prospect like Guyton at LT, then they have the two most important pieces of this offseason taken care of on Day 1of the Draft.

Obviously if it’s a qb, he needs to be really good or it will be Mayo on the chopping block in 2 or 3 years.

How good should the #3 pick QB be?

As good as if not better than the non-QB pick available.

If Marvin Harrison and John Alt are still on the board, he should be that good.
I agree, if Harrison's there at 3, you have to take him, it would be braindead not to.

I agree, if Harrison's there at 3, you have to take him, it would be braindead not to.

Absolutely. He could have dozens of receiving yards with their QB’s throwing the ball to him. He might even get a touchdown on a jet sweep. The Patriots could even win a game or two, if the defense can shut a couple of team’s out.

Absolutely. He could have dozens of receiving yards with their QB’s throwing the ball to him. He might even get a touchdown on a jet sweep. The Patriots could even win a game or two, if the defense can shut a couple of team’s out.

And the brand new QB everyone wants could be shellshocked because the line in front of him is dogshit.

This isn't a one year fix, I think everyone can agree QB WR T (at this point both L and R) all need to be fixed, and we at least agree on that point?

I don't trust evaluations when they use words like "generational." Too much opportunity for groupthink and band wagoning. There are a lot of good WR's in this draft, from what I'm reading. History is pretty clear that one or more of them will have a better career than Harrison.

I think that If Harrison is around at our pick #3 we should try and convince the Cards we are going to offer Him to the highest bidder. They love him...
The Cards have a boat load of picks: They have # 21 in the first #3 in the second and #2,#7, and #20 in the third. They have #4 just behind us. If we can pull this off we can take the last of the three best QBs in the draft without any risk. Perhaps we can sign someone like Joe Flacco and trade the #4 to the giants or another hungry QB team? We could choose to take the last QB ourselves particully if we hav the #21 from the cards. The Giants may be willing to give up one or both of thier two second rounders #5 and #15 with a first next year for the last top rated QB in the draft? Who knows,but if Harrison is still on the board at #3 we have some very real options. It depends on if Harrison is there at #3. Yeah I can dream I guess.

I will say this. Patriots need a QB. but i'm not a proponent of taking any QB at #3 if you don't believe they are a generational guy just because you "need one"

history tells me one of the top QB's taken this year (or all of them) will bust and someone taken later than the "cant miss prospects" will end up being a better QB.

Honestly unless we are 100% all in on whoever the QB is at 3, I think you just take Harrison. WR is a position of need, he's a generational prospect, we could have that position locked down with a stud for years and pay him whatever it takes.

If you think you have your guy at QB, fine, get him. But frankly (and I know this won't be popular), Caleb Williams is the only QB I'm really interested in. He could bust, but you are getting an unreal talent that has every chance to succeed. Nobody would be surprised if Daniels physically just can't cut it at the end of the day and Maye just sort of feels like a sort of low ceiling/decently floor pick.

Otherwise, get Harrison, bring in a Vet, draft somebody at QB in round 2, spend the rest of the draft on WR or offensive line, make offensive line the priority in free agency. Maybe use the 6th or 7th on a kicker for competition wth Ryland.

I think that If harrison is around at our pick #3 we should convince the Cards we ars trading out to offer Him to the highest bidder.
The Cards have a boat load of picks:They have # 21 in the first #3 in the second and #2,#7, and #20 in the third. They have #4 just behine us. If we can pull this off we can take the last of the three best QBs in the draft without any risk. Perhaps we can sign someone like Joe Flacco and trade the #4 to the giants or another hungry QB team? We could choose to take the last QB ourselves particully if we hav the #21 from the cards. The Giants may be willing to give up one or both

I think that If harrison is around at our pick #3 we should convince the Cards we ars trading out to offer Him to the highest bidder.
The Cards have a boat load of picks:They have # 21 in the first #3 in the second and #2,#7, and #20 in the third. They have #4 just behine us. If we can pull this off we can take the last of the three best QBs in the draft without any risk. Perhaps we can sign someone like Joe Flacco and trade the #4 to the giants or another hungry QB team? We could choose to take the last QB ourselves particully if we hav the #21 from the cards. The Giants may be willing to give up one or both
Why wouldn't you just, you know, draft him?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back