PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady has only turned the ball over TWICE all season

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSPF

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Tom Brady has thrown TWO interceptions and lost ZERO fumbles this season. According to Pro Football Reference, his 0.5 Interception % is second only to Damon Huard's 11 TD and 1 INT season (min 6 starts and 100 pass attempts: Player Season Finder Query Results | Pro-Football-Reference.com):

VxkLD1E.png

If you limit it to seasons with at least as many pass attempts as Brady has had this year, nobody is even close proportionally, with the next best ratio being over 50% higher (Player Season Finder Query Results | Pro-Football-Reference.com):

GHouSwn.png

That is considering interceptions ALONE. If you add in fumbles lost to this chart, the gap is even larger (couldn't easily compare this info, so instead I took all quarterbacks with an Int % lower than 1%, and added in their fumble numbers. Also had to remove Steve DeBerg because fumbles lost wasn't tracked until '92).

iDqPhmh.png

This season Tom Brady has turned the ball over less than half as often as the next most turnover-free season in history. And sure enough, the second best guy is... Tom Brady. His ball security this season has been absolutely insane. If there's any argument that Tom Brady deserves the MVP, this is it. Knock on wood.

bradford this year is surprising...17-4, yet 7-8

If there's any argument that Tom Brady deserves the MVP, this is it. Knock on wood.

"Yeah but 4 games- system QB- Belichick - other stupid comment-married to a supermodel- hate him."

o_O

I'm concerned, this means he's due. We are toast :eek:.

And neither one was because of a great play by the defense, they were just awful decisions. I think he had one throw earlier in the year that should have been picked but wasn't. So they "should" have one pick for the ENTIRE season. That's insane. They don't just not throw picks, they aren't even close to throwing them.

I always forget about it myself until it gets brought up like this. What an advantage to have. Brady's TD-INT ratio since 2007 has been ridiculous. 296 touchdowns and 74 picks is what I got off the top of my head, which is exactly 4:1.

Its like "fight club", we dont talk about fight club....Ugh

Tom Brady has thrown TWO interceptions and lost ZERO fumbles this season. According to Pro Football Reference, his 0.5 Interception % is second only to Damon Huard's 11 TD and 1 INT season (min 6 starts and 100 pass attempts: Player Season Finder Query Results | Pro-Football-Reference.com):

VxkLD1E.png

If you limit it to seasons with at least as many pass attempts as Brady has had this year, nobody is even close proportionally, with the next best ratio being over 50% higher (Player Season Finder Query Results | Pro-Football-Reference.com):

GHouSwn.png

That is considering interceptions ALONE. If you add in fumbles lost to this chart, the gap is even larger (couldn't easily compare this info, so instead I took all quarterbacks with an Int % lower than 1%, and added in their fumble numbers. Also had to remove Steve DeBerg because fumbles lost wasn't tracked until '92).

iDqPhmh.png

This season Tom Brady has turned the ball over less than half as often as the next most turnover-free season in history. And sure enough, the second best guy is... Tom Brady. His ball security this season has been absolutely insane. If there's any argument that Tom Brady deserves the MVP, this is it. Knock on wood.

What's up with your list, I don't see Forehead on it, must be wrong. And who are the other Tom Brady's on the list?

And neither one was because of a great play by the defense, they were just awful decisions. I think he had one throw earlier in the year that should have been picked but wasn't. So they "should" have one pick for the ENTIRE season. That's insane. They don't just not throw picks, they aren't even close to throwing them.

I always forget about it myself until it gets brought up like this. What an advantage to have. Brady's TD-INT ratio since 2007 has been ridiculous. 296 touchdowns and 74 picks is what I got off the top of my head, which is exactly 4:1.
They weren't even bad decisions they were underthrows

They weren't even bad decisions they were underthrows
No I think the GL pick has to be considered a bad decision. The other pick was a good decision but just a bad throw. However in the end we are just nitpicking to the extreme, given how rarely Brady has given up the ball this season.

In fact think about this. The entire Patriots QB group has only given the ball up twice this season COMBINED (though there night have been a fumble somewhere in those first 4 games, I'm not sure.). That kind of stinginess puts so much pressure on a defense game in and game out. And we have become so used to it, it no longer seems remarkable to us. And this season has beenn extraordinary

Thanks for the jinx.....

This post is going to be like when the announcers say "so and so hasn't missed an XP in 200 attempts! Oh oops well he just missed, darn" :(:(:(:(

I played Madden 17 last night and threw seven pickd in one game with Brady. I'm not even bad, it was just a nightmare game.. :eek:

Two picks? Repeat cheaters.

Hard to believe their are other people being considered for the mvp.

No I think the GL pick has to be considered a bad decision. The other pick was a good decision but just a bad throw. However in the end we are just nitpicking to the extreme, given how rarely Brady has given up the ball this season.

In fact think about this. The entire Patriots QB group has only given the ball up twice this season COMBINED (though there night have been a fumble somewhere in those first 4 games, I'm not sure.). That kind of stinginess puts so much pressure on a defense game in and game out. And we have become so used to it, it no longer seems remarkable to us. And this season has beenn extraordinary
He said the goal line pick was an underthrow, said he was trying to throw it out of the back if the end zone but didn't get enough in it.

The entire Patriots QB group has only given the ball up twice this season COMBINED (though there night have been a fumble somewhere in those first 4 games, I'm not sure.

I believe Brisket coughed up a fumble against the Bills. Maybe a hairball too. But hairball stats aren't officially recorded.

Brady's defensive peers (Reed, Freeney, Lewis, etc...).have almost all retired, so now he is out there against teams whose leaders on defense have nowhere near the experience he has. It's Man against boys, he knows everything they are trying to do and they don't know what he'll do. Imo Brady is at his absolute best right now, and I would hate to be a fan of any team facing him in these playoffs:

There's never any locks in football but I love this teamschances of getting a Lombardi, they have all of the pieces and are executing at areally high level.

He said the goal line pick was an underthrow, said he was trying to throw it out of the back if the end zone but didn't get enough in it.
OK that makes more sense, since the receiver looked well covered. But regardless, either way Brady's pick percentage is f*cking outrageous. ;)......and what a joy to watch

bradford this year is surprising...17-4, yet 7-8

Bradford himself is 6-8 as well because Shaun Hill started the first game. Live in MN so see a lot of their games. Dude is terrible, he's just check down after check down, 3 yard outs on 3rd and 9 and then hope for 4 broken tackles. Fans here have been blaming everyone but him the last two months, but they're no longer talking him up like they were early in the year.

He has gotten free pass after free pass and has so many apologists throughout his career because he throws a really nice spiral when he has time, an open receiver, and can step in to the throw. He's brutal when he's under pressure, and he doesn't make gutty throws down the field on 3rd down. His impressive int% numbers are largely because he's not taking any risks and just throwing everything underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back