PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Um, so how exactly is Peyton better than Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching Brady all of this year (regardless of what happens next week or in the SB if we make it) I don't see how there's any argument for Manning. The argument used to be "He puts up better regular season stats" but that is gone now. The only thing he is ahead of Brady in is bulk stats because he's played 3 more full seasons than him.

When I hear someone like Vinateri (who has 3 sbs thanks to Brady and a great defense) say "People say Brady, but Peyton..." I can't help but think what they are looking at. Manning is great, don't get me wrong, a top 10-15 QB of all time, but Brady is Jordan.

Yup this conversation is dead now. After Peyton lost to the Saints in super-choke mode. And then went down this season entirely. And with Luck slated to be drafted for the Colts soon. Well PM has become an afterthought to the talking heads. Now the same ones who championed Manning all those years will bow and scrape when our hero Brady takes home Lombardi #4.

A fourth Super Bowl victory would really ice the debate once and for all. The next Super Bowl win (if it happens) will be won by Brady's team. Not Bruschi/Vrabel/McGinest's team.

Manning is Marino. A VERY talented guy who happened to be on a flawed team. Marino never had a running game, Manning never had much in the way of a defense. (No, Freeney and Mathis alone do not a defense make)

If Manning was on the 2003-2004 Patriots, he would do just as well as Brady did. If Brady was on those Colts teams, he would have been just as stuck as Manning was, trying to carry those teams.

I want to point out that Brady in 2009-2011 looks a LOT like Manning of earlier this decade. Putting up ridiculous numbers because he defense can't be counted on, and then having problems in the playoffs.

Ultimately they are both Top 10 QBs definitely, and once you start comparing them to guys like Montana, Marino, Unitas, etc, you start having to make some judgment calls. But lets not go around pretending that Peyton Manning isn't one of the best QBs to play the game, because he clearly is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents