PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WELKER: " I let the team down "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show another example of a receiver making a exactly similar catch. Until then, you have no idea what you are talking about.

David Patten did it twice in 2002 in the back corner of the EZ which meant he also had to keep his feet inbounds for two different QB's who needed him to to win a game...the AFCC and SB. He was s smurf too, and never a pro bowler.

And by the way, Bedard has changed his take on the play after talking to some pros.

Last edited:
If a receiver fails to catch a ball that hits his hands, he cannot possibly be blameless.

That said, it could certainly have been thrown better.

I blame Bernard Pollard.

Last edited:
just re-watched that play again

brady clearly throws it back shoulder because 21 is in the general vicinity

if 21 isn't there or isn't as close, brady simply throws a td pass there hitting welker in stride

in fact if 21 isn't there, that play would have almost reminded me of peyton catching cromartie with his pants down

Get lost troll. Saying that Welker should have settled in a spot where he didnt even end up until the end of the play is immensely idiotic. I hope you finally realized that.

Given the content of most of your posts so far, calling the posts of others idiotic is probably not the way to go.. Let's take a look at some things here on this issue, shall we? Here's some stuff from Bedard, who got it wrong to start, is backtracking now, and should keep backtracking because he's still trying to protect his original, erroneous, take instead of just fully admitting that he got it wrong:

Brady didn’t take any blame after the game. He simply said he’d throw it again to Welker in that spot.

“The ball is right there,’’ Welker said. “I’ve just got to make the play. It’s a play I’ve made a thousand times in practice and everything else. It comes to the biggest moment of my life and I don’t come up with it.

“It was behind him and it would have been, not a great catch, but a good catch. And he just missed the ball.’’

Brady put a lot of air under the ball to give Welker a chance to adjust.

But in the end, Welker likely should have made the catch.

“The thesis statement is, was that a catchable ball? The answer to that is yes,’’ the receivers coach said. “I don’t care how you cut it.

Tough spot for Brady, Welker - Sports - The Boston Globe

Last edited:
Given the content of most of your posts so far, calling the posts of others idiotic is probably not the way to go.. Let's take a look at some things here on this issue, shall we? Here's some stuff from Bedard, who got it wrong to start, is backtracking now, and should keep backtracking because he's still trying to protect his original, erroneous, take:

I thought you were supposed to provide a visual evidence of an exactly similar catch made and completed by any NFL receiver. Why am I not surprised that you havent provided any.

You also claimed that the catch was not very difficult to make, which claim is pretty idiotic. You only have to look at how hard Welker hit the ground to understand how high he had to jump, and how hard would had been for him to complete the catch, even if he didnt lose it in the air. And there was absolutely no need for these acrobatics, as he was wide open.

Bedard is backtracking because QBs are gods in NFL, they bring the show to the highest level, they sell the tickets, they win or lose games, and Brady is one of the supergods. Cant criticize him, blame it all on Welker.
But Bedard let the cat out of the bag. Only 4 throws to Welker to his back shoulder all season, NONE of them high, even when he was even more tighly covered than Sunday, when he was wide open.

BTW, I'm still waiting for a visual evidence of a exactly similar catch made and completed by any NFL receiver. Good luck in your search, I have a feeling you'll going to need it.

Last edited:
I thought you were supposed to provide a visual evidence of an exactly similar catch made and completed by any NFL receiver. Why am I not surprised that you havent provided any.

I never said I was going to waste my time doing that, so I don't know where you got the notion.

You also claimed that the catch was not very difficult to make, which claim is pretty idiotic. You only have to look at how hard Welker hit the ground to understand how high he had to jump, and how hard would had been for him to complete the catch, even if he didnt lose it in the air. And there was absolutely no need for these acrobatics, as he was wide open.

The catch wasn't very difficult to make, and Welker hitting the ground is irrelevant. Look, I'm sorry your argument sucks, but that's just the way it is.

Bedard is backtracking because QBs are gods in NFL, they bring the show to the highest level, they sell the tickets, they win or lose games, and Brady is one of the supergods. Cant criticize him, blame it all on Welker.
But Bedard let the cat out of the bag. Only 4 throws to Welker to his back shoulder all season, NONE of them high, even when he was even more tighly covered than Sunday, when he was wide open.

Bedard is backtracking because he was wrong. Also, the number of back shoulder throws made over the season is another irrelevancy. As Welker noted:

It’s a play I’ve made a thousand times in practice and everything else.

BTW, I'm still waiting for a visual evidence of a exactly similar catch made and completed by any NFL receiver. Good luck in your search, I have a feeling you'll going to need it.

Wait as long as you want. I'm not going to go pouring through Youtube for something as silly as this. Whatever I found would only have you going "but that's not exactly the same", which would be a waste of time.

I never said I was going to waste my time doing that, so I don't know where you got the notion.

You claimed that the catch was not difficult to make. Until you provide proof of that you dont know what you are talking about. The claim that you are wasting your time providing the proof reveals what a clown you are.
Only clowns can say that backing your claims with actual proof is "wasting time".

The catch wasn't very difficult to make, and Welker hitting the ground is irrelevant. Look, I'm sorry your argument sucks, but that's just the way it is.

My argument doesnt suck, your claim on the other hand does suck very hard.

The catch was very, very difficult to make. Welker was running full speed ahead, had to turn around 180, jump backwards as high as he could with his body and arms fully stretched , catch the ball, secure it while his body was rotating from left to right and going to the ground, and then survive the hard impact with the ground. Pure idiocy to claim that this kind of acrobatics is not difficult to make. Many receivers would not even attempt this catch. Gronkowski didnt even bother when Brady overthrew him vs the Ravens.

Bedard is backtracking because he was wrong.

Just another lie from you.
Bedard was right. Everything he wrote was right. He is backtracking because the mediots are putting pressure on him to backtrack.
He was among the very few mediots who tried to take blame away from Welker, when almost all mediots were claiming that it was a Welker drop. Reading the comments below his article reveals that many of those comments do agree with Bedard.

Also, the number of back shoulder throws made over the season is another irrelevancy.

another irrelevancy? Now thats just another lie from you. The number of back shoulder throws is very relevant, it shows where Welker was expecting the ball to come, and it made the catch that much harder. LOL irrelevant.

As Welker noted:

LOL Pure LOL. Not recognizing that Welker was taking one for the team, and presenting these words as actual evidence that he did catch thousands of times like that, is pure idiocy. Pure idiocy. What a clown.

Wait as long as you want.
I'm not waiting, I knew that you are just full of **** and you'll never find a catch like Welker's completed.

I'm not going to go pouring through Youtube for something as silly as this. Whatever I found would only have you going "but that's not exactly the same", which would be a waste of time.

Well, if this catch is not very difficult to make, as you claim, I'm sure many more receivers did make it, so just one of those examples wouldnt be hard to find. The fact that you cant find anything, and you cant remember anything like that, shows what BS your claim that the catch was not very difficult is. You're just full of **** and full of lies.

You are a total buffoon and obviously a brand new Pats fan if you can't even remember the Patten catch in the corner of the endzone in the 2001 Superbowl. And the guy had to keep his feet in bounds too.

Oh, so now the MEDIA is forcing him to backtrack? Why, because they don't want another article competing with their 50,000 other "Brady can't get it done anymore" articles?

Last edited:
The ball hit him in both hands, period. Every receiver on the Giants makes that catch and that's why they won. Hell Nicks had a harder catch earlier in the game that he made over 2 guys. It wasn't the greatest pass but Welker absolutely needs to make that catch.

The ball hit him in both hands, period. Every receiver on the Giants makes that catch and that's why they won. Hell Nicks had a harder catch earlier in the game that he made over 2 guys. It wasn't the greatest pass but Welker absolutely needs to make that catch.

exactly

gissele is just some model, but even she knows what's up

You claimed that the catch was not difficult to make. Until you provide proof of that you dont know what you are talking about. The claim that you are wasting your time providing the proof reveals what a clown you are.
Only clowns can say that backing your claims with actual proof is "wasting time".

My argument doesnt suck, your claim on the other hand does suck very hard.

The catch was very, very difficult to make. Welker was running full speed ahead, had to turn around 180, jump backwards as high as he could with his body and arms fully stretched , catch the ball, secure it while his body was rotating from left to right and going to the ground, and then survive the hard impact with the ground. Pure idiocy to claim that this kind of acrobatics is not difficult to make. Many receivers would not even attempt this catch. Gronkowski didnt even bother when Brady overthrew him vs the Ravens.

Just another lie from you.
Bedard was right. Everything he wrote was right. He is backtracking because the mediots are putting pressure on him to backtrack.
He was among the very few mediots who tried to take blame away from Welker, when almost all mediots were claiming that it was a Welker drop. Reading the comments below his article reveals that many of those comments do agree with Bedard.

another irrelevancy? Now thats just another lie from you. The number of back shoulder throws is very relevant, it shows where Welker was expecting the ball to come, and it made the catch that much harder. LOL irrelevant.

LOL Pure LOL. Not recognizing that Welker was taking one for the team, and presenting these words as actual evidence that he did catch thousands of times like that, is pure idiocy. Pure idiocy. What a clown.

I'm not waiting, I knew that you are just full of **** and you'll never find a catch like Welker's completed.

Well, if this catch is not very difficult to make, as you claim, I'm sure many more receivers did make it, so just one of those examples wouldnt be hard to find. The fact that you cant find anything, and you cant remember anything like that, shows what BS your claim that the catch was not very difficult is. You're just full of **** and full of lies.

1.) You should know that the NFL pulls film off of Youtube so that it becomes difficult to find specifically named plays over time, and it becomes a pain in the ass to find things. However, just because I'm tired of watching you clown yourself on this issue, I looked up some Patten film to show you that similar plays have been made in Patriots history. Take a look at the end of this clip, starting around the 4:15 mark for two examples of similar throw/catch situations happening in the endzone, with better coverage, and one of them took place at a pretty important time:

david patten catch - Yahoo! Video Search

2.) You're either a brand new Patriots fan, a troll, or just ignorant. Patriots fans of any duration would know examples, particularly the Rams example in the video I just linked to.

Last edited:
Is someone arguing with Deus again?

Talk about an exercise in futility.

He's not always right but he is on this one. And he won't concede so better to drop it young Padawan.

We can argue about how hard the catch was or if the pass shoulda been thrown better, but it's pretty clear that the real jerk in this situation is God for not making Wes an inch or two taller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick