PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To The Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, this board is becoming increasingly hostile to any non-homer input, and that needs to stop.
People can do what they want with respect to their opinions. What you just said "needs to stop", does not "need to stop".

Pats scored one more point and gave up one more point than the Eagles in the regular season. Both had a point differential of 162 and records of 13-3.

Last edited:
I would be interested to see what Atlanta did differently to hold the eagles to 15 points vs. what the Vikings did where Foles looked like an all-pro

I think it is important in part to note that the Eagles offense seemed to go off when Xaviar rhodes and their safety went out. the backup could not cover Alshon Jeffrey.

some interesting stats I read

"Entering the NFC title game, Foles had a passer rating of 34.0 under pressure, according to Pro Football Focus. Against Minnesota, that number ballooned to 152.1."

and

"Foles went from 7-of-21 passing on third down in his previous three games combined to completing 10 straight throws on third down after a deep incompletion on his first third-down pass attempt."

obvsiouly matchups matter in the NFL, but which foles will we see in 2 weeks? looks like the vikings couldn't do anything right.

With those stats of foles under pressure, I wonder if bill brings the heat early. It wasnt until the patriots starting bringing 5 guys at bortles that he started making mistakes

I don't get why people are talking up the Eagles getting pressure so much, they only got 38 sacks all year, vs. 42 for the Pats and I think 54 for the Jags.

They sacked Case Keenum in a game he played like crap in... once.

In net yards per pass attempt given up, the Jags were #1 in fewest allowed and the Eagles were #7.

some interesting stats I read

"Foles went from 7-of-21 passing on third down in his previous three games combined to completing 10 straight throws on third down after a deep incompletion on his first third-down pass attempt."

His first 3rd down throw was completed, but the TE jumped out of bounds.

Foles was on fire, All-Pro Level against a historic 3rd down D.

His first 3rd down throw was completed, but the TE jumped out of bounds.

Foles was on fire, All-Pro Level against a historic 3rd down D.

I didnt write it. Just posting statss from an article. A question is which foles will we see. Prior to yesterday he hasnt been all pro

Just watching vikes philly again . No comparison speed of Jags LB,s to Eagles . Jags are fast and better then either of NFC ones . 1st half could have easily had Minn up .
Keenen was bad, Foles quite adequate, not better then Blake so far . Takes more risks .

Just watching vikes philly again . No comparison speed of Jags LB,s to Eagles . Jags are fast and better then either of NFC ones . 1st half could have easily had Minn up .
Keenen was bad, Foles quite adequate, not better then Blake so far . Takes more risks .

Foles was much better than Bortles yesterday.

TFB needs 279 yards to hit the 10k post season total! Incredible!!

We will need Gronk if they try to play press coverage in addition to chipping their plethora of rushers. I feel we will need an unsung hero on offense and a monster game from the O-line. Finding a way to disrupt the Run pass option and force Foles to make good decisions with the football. Pass rush will need to keep Foles in the pocket and harass him into poor throws. Some kind of turnover would also go a long way in aiding the cause. Contain Cory Clement, Jay Ajayi, and Blount. Discipline on fakes and trickery will be key. Sticky coverage on their receivers. A fast start on offense for once to put pressure on the opposing offense could force Philly to change course.

I do believe their linebackers and secondary can be had, but that core of pass rushers loom large. I expect a tough battle, but would love nothing more than the Pats routing this team.

The Eagles couldn't score a single TD against the mighty defenses of the Cowboys, the Raiders and the Falcons in three straight weeks. They couldn't score a single touchdown for 180 minutes. And we're talking about 3 of their last 4 games, not the beginning of the season.

I couldn't care less about hot takes, ''expert'' opinions or bold predictions...i've watched all of those games. This is not a good offensive team without Wentz.

I don't get why people are talking up the Eagles getting pressure so much, they only got 38 sacks all year, vs. 42 for the Pats and I think 54 for the Jags.

They sacked Case Keenum in a game he played like crap in... once.

In net yards per pass attempt given up, the Jags were #1 in fewest allowed and the Eagles were #7.
It’s because sensationalism & the media. Whatever/ Whoever (in sports) is “hot or sexy” at the moment, that’s what’s deemed as “dangerous or elite.” Chip their DEs, have solid interior protection, stop the run. GAME OVER.

The Eagles couldn't score a single TD against the mighty defenses of the Cowboys, the Raiders and the Falcons in three straight weeks. They couldn't score a single touchdown for 180 minutes. And we're talking about 3 of their last 4 games, not the beginning of the season.

I couldn't care less about hot takes, ''expert'' opinions or bold predictions...i've watched all of those games. This is not a good offensive team without Wentz.
They scored a td against the raiders and against the falcons and played the backups against the cowboys.
They just lit up the #1 defense in the nfl worse than any one has all year.

Who watched the Eagles/Falcons game from 2 weeks ago? How were the Falcons able to hold them to 15 points or whatever? Falcons had a chance to win that one sounds like.

Lol , who wrote that piece of garbage?

That article is stupid. They assume since the pats barely beat the jags, that means the eagles would win. That’s asinine really. Who’s to say philly could beat the jags? Or Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back