PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is BB’s Mindset on this Season?

One game at a time

Little can be know until many more players are healthy.

You said you will not watch any games. That means you are no longer a fan. Exactly how do you “demand things change”?
I’m acting out on my displeasure with this current iteration of BB’s Patriots by not wasting my Sundays watching 30 point blow outs. I’m rooting for them to win and if the football stops being an utter embarressment I’ll start watching again.

If enough fans stop going to and watching games, buying merch etc. things will eventually change.

The purpose of the thread is not to simply dump on BB. It’s to opine on what his current mindset is. I find it fascinating to ponder what’s in his head having gone from the undisputed GOAT to running a team that is an absolute embarrassment and has regressed over FOUR YEARS.

It’s not being fickle to be disgusted with what’s transpired. This isn’t 2020.
No the purpose was to make this announcement

I literally cancelled my YouTubeTV subscription and I’m ready to put a paper bag over my head. I don’t watch the games anymore

Along the way you decided to ask people to read the mind of someone they have never met.

Quality stuff

I’m acting out on my displeasure with this current iteration of BB’s Patriots by not wasting my Sundays watching 30 point blow outs. I’m rooting for them to win and if the football stops being an utter embarressment I’ll start watching again.

If enough fans stop going to and watching games, buying merch etc. things will eventually change.
So you can’t be delivered a free reason to be happy, so you quit. Understood.

I still think Bill the coach is fine. The problem is that Bill the GM has been downright awful since at least 2018. Probably sooner because the poor rosters Brady got stuck with in the end were a result of Bill whiffing on draft replacements for older guys nearing their end.
How did the Rams look last year?

Is it possible the Patriots did what the Rams did? Spend #1s and #2s on players like Cooks and Sanu and give big $$ contracts to Gilmore and Hightower etc.? Did they blow out their meager draft resources (4 lost picks including a #1 for Deflategate), make trades for Sanu and Antonio Brown (a 4th), hold onto their top guys or guys at the end of their line (Shaq Mason)? They blew it out like the Rams did in '22.

Uncharacteristic of Belichick but worth it because they won the '18 Super Bowl.

This team has David Andrews on it, the only holdover regular from '18.

Heck, we have 54 new players who came onto this roster since AFTER Mac Jones joined.

There were never going to be replacements for that '18 team when 2016 and 1017 didn't have 1st rounders and 2017 didn't even have 2nd rounders.

Here's the draft before that depleted Brady team (it's clear the Patriots were either suffering from Deflategate or else trading their premium picks for veterans):

173Derek Rivers83DE202100042400000003.5Youngstown St.
20173Antonio Garcia85T000Troy
20174Deatrich Wise Jr.131DE202300230100000000025.5Arkansas
20176Conor McDermott211T2022000649000000111UCLA

Just like they did for the Jets and Bills!!!!! Eventually!

How did the Rams look last year?

Is it possible the Patriots did what the Rams did? Spend #1s and #2s on players like Cooks and Sanu and give big $$ contracts to Gilmore and Hightower etc.? Did they blow out their meager draft resources (4 lost picks including a #1 for Deflategate), make trades for Sanu and Antonio Brown (a 4th), hold onto their top guys or guys at the end of their line (Shaq Mason)? They blew it out like the Rams did in '22.

Uncharacteristic of Belichick but worth it because they won the '18 Super Bowl.

This team has David Andrews on it, the only holdover regular from '18.

Heck, we have 54 new players who came onto this roster since AFTER Mac Jones joined.

There were never going to be replacements for that '18 team when 2016 and 1017 didn't have 1st rounders and 2017 didn't even have 2nd rounders.

Here's the draft before that depleted Brady team (it's clear the Patriots were either suffering from Deflategate or else trading their premium picks for veterans):

173Derek Rivers83DE202100042400000003.5Youngstown St.
20173Antonio Garcia85T000Troy
20174Deatrich Wise Jr.131DE202300230100000000025.5Arkansas
20176Conor McDermott211T2022000649000000111UCLA
But, but , but we were supposed to be a dynasty for evah. How can I live with not liking the team that is the model of the league?

How is that not pretending to be in BB’s head, knowing his thoughts and motivations?

We all have our own opinions regarding BB. I’ll respect yours.

I used to idolize him and wanted him to have the chance to build on his legacy post-Brady. He’s failed in an embarrassing fashion and I don’t have the same respect for him I once did.

Being critical of BB after 4 seasons of a rebuild with no clear improvement or path forward over that time isn't fickle. Most coaches would have been fired for the malfeasance and malpractice on display the last 4-5 years.

Tom Curran said, and I agree, that you'd almost have to try to build a roster this bad.
They just don't want you to criticize Bill at all. But they're cleaning it up behind faux-intellectual language and concern trolling

They just don't want you to criticize Bill at all. But they're cleaning it up behind faux-intellectual language and concern trolling
Nothing in any of that is about criticizing.

Because my comments are based upon “everything he has said and done”

That’s a you problem. You vicariously took pride in his accomplishments and now are angry, lashing out and quitting on something you were only a voluntary observer of. It’s a shame.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but as fans we only get to take pride in our teams and coaches vicariously.

Does BB let you hold a clip board and wear a headset on the sideline and ask what you think of going for it on 4th and 2?

Just a shot in the dark: “I wish the Dominique Easley pick panned out”.

Being critical of BB after 4 seasons of a rebuild with no clear improvement or path forward over that time isn't fickle. Most coaches would have been fired for the malfeasance and malpractice on display the last 4-5 years.

Tom Curran said, and I agree, that you'd almost have to try to build a roster this bad.
I don't have a problem with him being fickle about BB. I have a problem relating to the idea that he won't watch the games. I love that he has passion and is advocating for replacing the coach and has other ideas (whether I agree with them or not) as to how to improve the team. It just boggles my mind that someone can shut off their fandom because they don't like the direction of the team, I am not wired that way. He asked for people's thoughts, so I gave my reaction. That's all. Water Boy seems like a decent enough dude, no issues with him. I just can't relate to that aspect of his post.

This fans base, and I mean the fan base on this board, because there is no way it’s indicative of the teams overall fan base, would be one hell of a psychological study.
I don’t necessarily agree with this. This mindset extends far beyond here. All you need to do is spend an afternoon or two listening to the people calling into sports radio to understand that this mindset isn’t just inherent to only here - it’s across the board.

Obviously, not everyone, but enough where the fan base is split pretty widely when it comes to this topic. Felger especially preaches “you can only judge what’s going on right now,” and that’s where people who listen to him, that’s where their heads are at. So that essentially shapes the opinions of the casual fans vs the ones who follow it more closely.

I do agree with your thoughts on a study. That would, indeed, be interesting. ;)

What is the name of the linebacker outside LB we all used to joke was going to come and save our pass rush I think it was like the early 2000s.
His name is escaping me getting older I guess.
I think he was on the Texans or Panthers at the time but there was rumors we were going to land him.
His name was a pats fans folklore for years damn what was his name?

What is the name of the linebacker outside LB we all used to joke was going to come and save our pass rush I think it was like the early 2000s.
His name is escaping me getting older I guess.
I think he was on the Texans or Panthers at the time but there was rumors we were going to land him.
His name was a pats fans folklore for years damn what was his name?
I think I remember Connor Barwin?
Wow that took 10
Mins to go thru the alphabet of names.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back