PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When do we start complaining about defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with many here that the defense, except for that early blown assignment (I assume), were as good as they have been all year. I mean they held this offensive juggernaut to 21 points, and it easily could have been less (or their average of 16 per game).

It seemed like the whole team needed to settle in and play their own game. I was hoping we would win the toss and defer, because with two weeks off, we always seem a bit rusty.

I don't think we do, the offense was the side that got nothing and gave the ball away in the first half. They really dialed it in for the second half and did what needed to be done to secure the W. ATL gets the ball on their own 22 and gets forced to punt, on top of a strip sack, what more can you ask from them when it matters?

there should be no complaining at all.

Of course that 32-29 game our safeties were dropping like flies.

Easy, WE DON'T! Some of you drive me f*cking nuts. 21 points if you subtract the pick six...21! Do you all realize how versatile that offense really is?! That was a big boy offense and aside from forcing their first 3 and out in 21 consecutive possessions, we held them to their final score with over 8 minutes in the THIRD quarter. Many people even said NE should win if they kept ATL from scoring 30, yet most of them were still predicting that ATL would score 30. They get a strip sack on a team that hadn't turned the ball over all playoffs and only 11 times all year! GTFOH with this ******** a day after the game that was just played. I'm still trying to figure out if it really happened or if I'm dreaming, and this is what I have to read. Just WOW. I guess **** puts every game is what the F*ck the team must do to get respect?

I was critical of the defense early in the season. I remained skeptical about their ability to stop a "legit" offense. What did they do? They stopped two of the best offenses the league had to offer! Seriously, what does it take to make some of you happy?

I don't have any stats to back this up but I think the 2016 Patriots were considerably worse in the 2nd quarter of so many games compared to 1, 3, 4.

I couldn't possibly care less how they won. Whether it was 70-68 or 2-0. All that mattered is a win. There aren't any style points after that in the Super Bowl.

While I rated your post "agree," I would point out that last night definitely counted as "style points." :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back