PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which FA acquisition excites you the most?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which FA excites you the most?

• Chris Baker

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Tully Banta-Cain

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Leigh Bodden

Votes: 81 51.3%
  • Joey Galloway

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • Fred Taylor

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • Shawn Springs

Votes: 21 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The next one :D

Rigth now for me Bodden because I think he might be out best CB and I have been a Hobbs fan.

Fred Taylor is what I was hoping Maroney would be:
YouTube - Fred Taylor Aloha

He gets hurt too often, but when he plays there is almost no one better. An amazing combo of speed, moves, vision, and strength.

I wanted to vote Leigh Bodden but I simply couldn't go past Fred Taylor. The guy is an absolute monster and I can't wait to see what he can do in the Patriots offense.

My thoughts exactly. I've always be impressed with Taylor and my guess is that he still has a few plays in him ;) . He's short term excitement though. Bodden is all upside though too.

Last edited:
If all are healthy, Galloway will make the Pats offense extremely dynamic. Lets see... you take a guy that claims he can run a 4.3 40, who is a veteran, has great hands and is inserted as the third WR with two Pro Bowlers. Exciting? Heck yeah!

Corners? Only exciting when their not getting burnt, intercepting the ball or putting big hits on receivers.

The next one :D

Rigth now for me Bodden because I think he might be out best CB and I have been a Hobbs fan.

Haha nice I was thinking about saying the exact same.

Anyway I have to say Bodden excites me a lot. No homo. Of all the FAs we have signed he probably has the most raw talent and potential. Not only that but his impact will be huge in secondary, I have no doubt he will be the #1 CB coming out of training camp.

Poor TBC.

Last edited:
Haha nice I was thinking about saying the exact same.

Anyway I have to say Bodden excites me a lot. No homo. Of all the FAs we have signed he probably has the most raw talent and potential. Not only that but his impact will be huge in secondary, I have no doubt he will be the #1 CB coming out of training camp.

Poor TBC.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if he remained forever locked at zero on this poll and somehow lead the team in tackles or something...

Shouldn't there be an Adam Seward selection? IN theory, he's been our next FA acquisition 2 years now..... Oh, the humanity! :eek:

Brady

PICK FIVE FOR YOUR FORMATION
Taylor, Morris, Faulk
Moss, Welker
Galloway
Baker

WOW!

For me, Taylor will be the difference maker.
================================

On defense, Bidden won't be a pro-bowler. He will be a starter. He'll get burned sometimes. He won't be all that exciting. Don't get me wrong, He will be the difference maker on defense.

I see Banta-Cain finally got a vote. We've been discussing this in another thread. As of now, he will be coming for Woods on passing downs. He could be very important indeed to our pass defense.

Last edited:
I voted Bodden just because he has the most upside of the bunch.

Actually, all of these moves are exciting when taken together. Individually, they are less exciting. It all translates to a very successful offseason so far.

The question is "excites you the most", right? Not who will be the biggest difference maker? I would propose that any of the corners would be difference makers since the secondary was suspect last year. Memories of the Chargers game still haunt my nights.

Actually, all of these moves are exciting when taken together. Individually, they are less exciting. It all translates to a very successful offseason so far.

I read this and said, "Yeah, good point, good post." I found myself rereading this post in my mind several times afterwards and realizing just how poignant and dead-on accurate this thought is. Individually, they are all good acquisitions, but lack the Wow, HS, GD OMG we signed him!! thrill....

Collectively, it just takes my breath away how good BB and the FO are at solidifying the team, and I do mean TEAM, right before the draft....

Really good post, amazinPats :)

Very good point, the thing about the offense moves is what it brings in terms of balance. There is a now an extremely talented RB with tremendous depth, a good blocking TE and Galloway to go opposite Moss with Lewis for depth.

There is no outstanding weak spot on offense now, and that is more exciting that any indivdual player.

On defense there needs to be a new OLB. Need a pash rusher otherwise we'll see the same things happening on 3rd and long.

Leigh Bodden, the rest are not that good. Fred Taylor will be solid as will Lewis. but i understand Leigh Bodden could be a great addition to teh team.

Leigh Bodden, the rest are not that good. Fred Taylor will be solid as will Lewis. but i understand Leigh Bodden could be a great addition to teh team.
I dunno man... if Springs can stay healthy I think he brings a lot to the table.

Its really difficult to pick just one.

Just about all (except Banta Cain) bring me a great sense of security that if healthy they really upgrade this team.

I went with Galloway, strictly because his presence (if healthy) will have the biggest impact and could make this offense ridiculous.

Bodden is a close second, but only if they upgrade the pass rush....

Here's a FA that would have excited me : the great Mike Adams ! To let him walk nullifies all our other pickups !

hard to say. I voted for Bodden because I think he will play with a big chip this year. I like the Taylor signing but worry about his durability. I guess my 1b selection would be Baker. I think with his blocking and catching skills, he will cause many problems for opposing defenses this year as you can't double team Moss and Welker all of the time.

I read this and said, "Yeah, good point, good post." I found myself rereading this post in my mind several times afterwards and realizing just how poignant and dead-on accurate this thought is. Individually, they are all good acquisitions, but lack the Wow, HS, GD OMG we signed him!! thrill....

Collectively, it just takes my breath away how good BB and the FO are at solidifying the team, and I do mean TEAM, right before the draft....

Really good post, amazinPats :)

Thanks! :p

Boy, I'd love to see us sign Jason Taylor for reasonable money. That would be the real icing on the cake. How about a 2-year contract?

I really like all the signings this year.

Springs and Bodden really boost our secondary, which was completely depleted.

Galloway is a former probowler who will likely serve as the #3 (not bad for your #3)

But I really like the Fred Taylor signing. Hes one year removed from a pro bowl and has rushed for 1000 yds. He reminds me of an older Corey Dillon with lower expectations (with the Brady, Moss, Welker show dominating).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents