PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who’s spreading the Mac is a bad teammate info?

Just some thoughts this morning.
Everyone who has played with Mac Jones instantly loves him and says they are ready to battle with him.
Current and ex Alabama team mates.
Current Patriot players, even guys he had issues with Brian Burns says he’s a great guy.
Looking at 2022 in a lense Bill having Patricia and Judge develop this guy in his critical stage of his career was a huge miscalculation. Not getting him an elite number 1 wr is a Belichick or Kraft issue.
Mac being frustrated at the play designs and calls seems to be understood and resonate with anyone who remotely understands offensive football.
It’s natural for him to be frustrated when he goes from Alabama to New England and feels he’s being coached by belichick and Mcdaniels.
Then Mcdaniels gets promoted half the offensive staff leaves and Bill says eh Matt can do it and learn on the job.

Mac is not an elite arm talent is not elite athletically, may never develop the football IQ everyone says he has.
However I have to think this Mac being a bad teammate is media driven.
If it is coming from the locker room I would think Caley, Patricia?

Thoughts?

Poster name checks out. Convince us to look further.

What are you talking about? Where was it ever said he was a bad teammate?
All the reports about him being disrespectful to coaches and pouting and going behind coaches backs.

A coach is a part of the team.

All the reports about him being disrespectful to coaches and pouting and going behind coaches backs.

But his teammates all like him, Judge is an ass, I don't think any of the players care if Jones doesn't like Judge, they probably don't either.

Many teammates have stuck up for him and Karen Guregian was alarmed of how many players came forward to speak with her regarding how dysfunctional they were in 2022.

The only mention of Mac being a bad teammate I've seen is this thread title. So I guess the answer to the question is "a forum poster named Zappe Hour."

Wait, so you started this thread about him being a bad team mate because of the reports that he wasn’t getting along with the coaches? If I’m understanding this correctly, then that’s a complete bs move and this thread needs to be shut down. If I’m wrong, and that not what you’re saying then I apologize, but you should post a link next time since most of us have no idea what you’re talking about.

Felger, Mazz, Curran, Wicker-sham... some other clickbait artist.

Who cares?

The offensive scheme and coaching were a dumpster fire, a total joke, opponents were calling out the plays before the snap... Mac had every right to get frustrated. He didn't throw his coaches under the bus in public, what are we concerned about... media gossip from unnamed sources?

This is a lot like that time Wicker-sham told us Brady insisted his young teammates call him "sir" and kicked JimmyG out of the TB12 center. Made up fictional nonsense...

You aren’t “teammates” with the coaches.
And “all” what reports?

That’s a high percentage that I don’t agree with.
It was a very high percentage. If the OL played well most of the issues wouldn’t have existed.

I do believe there is a dedicated effort of some writers to spread disinformation with the intention to sow discord within the Patriots organization regarding Mac Jones, trying to imply that there is or should be a QB controversy... Why? Drama creates clicks... Maybe that's a bit tin foil-ish on my part, but eh, its how i see it...

Add to that the Patriots have done very little to put out these brush fires, as the stoic BB never actually addresses these things... I was a was actually a little bit shocked by how ham-fisted some of their responses were this year... especially the debacle vs Chicago... there was zero reason to lose to that crapfest of a team...

I am not sold on Mac as a long term starter for this team, but right now we don't have anyone who's better... But he's getting a raw deal, based on some of the articles i have read... seems like there's a new one every other day
Mac in my estimation is more closer to the QB play he had his rookie year...

No one knows his potential but Mac.. So with some stability on offense I hope that we can see him thrive, and lead the team.

It's funny these reports don't surface until after Patricia leaves the organization..

Thanks for the thread Bailey, SMH.

Who said he's a bad teammate?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes