PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork has 3 offers of 2 years 10 million????

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Terrance "pot roast" Knighton age 28 signed a 1 year 4 million dollar contract with the Redskins and we are told to believe that Vince age 33 has 3 offers for 10 million for 2 years on the table.

The only way I believe this is the offers is something like a 2 million dollar signing bonus "spread over 2 years", with a salary of 1 million for 2014 & 7 million for 2015, which allows him to be cut after the season and they would only have to have 1 million of dead money in 2016. Vince would get 3 million for 2015 & the cap hit would only be 2 million.

Terrance "pot roast" Knighton age 28 signed a 1 year 4 million dollar contract with the Redskins and we are told to believe that Vince age 33 has 3 offers for 10 million for 2 years on the table.

The only way I believe this is the offers is something like a 2 million dollar signing bonus "spread over 2 years", with a salary of 1 million for 2014 & 7 million for 2015, which allows him to be cut after the season and they would only have to have 1 million of dead money in 2016. Vince would get 3 million for 2015 & the cap hit would only be 2 million.
Knighton has conditioning concerns that turned a lot of teams off.

How did Knighton get $4M? There must be something teams know that the public doesn't.

Knighton has conditioning concerns that turned a lot of teams off.

Yeah but he is 5 years younger and had a far better season last year.

Call me negative, but I am 290 & I guarantee you Vince is not 325. If I was a carnival weight guesser, I would guess he was 360. People with weight clauses in there contract
"Vince had a weight clause" are not known for their conditioning dedication.

More like Wilfork's agent says he has offers of 2 yrs/$10m

Call me negative, but I am 290 & I guarantee you Vince is not 325. If I was a carnival weight guesser, I would guess he was 360. People with weight clauses in there contract

That must be how he recovered from a major Achilles injury to play in over 75% of the snaps, he took the year off and didn't get himself ready to play.

Oh I agree there is no way on gods green earth that Wilfork is under 350lbs and I would say 370lbs is more likely. I think with Knighton it is more to do with commitment to the game when you look at conditioning concerns.

That's 3 offers of 2 million 10 years.

one of them won a title, the other did not.

I am 6'4" 310 lb and Vince is 400+

I was being kind at 360
I work with a guy who is 405 & a few of us went to. Training camp last summer We all came to the same conclusion that Vince was as big as my coworker who is 405.

Not to mention .... Muscle weighs more than fat & Vince has more muscle than my coworker.

If anyone pays Wilfork 5M for this year I will figuratively eat my metaphorical hat.

So should Hoo-man get more than
Julius Thomas when his contract is up?

hooman and JT are not comparable players

Potroast and VW are. they are both top tier players with question marks attached to them.

Vince has 2 super bowls and came from a winner

Knighton has 0 super bowls and came from a loser

Potroast and VW are. they are both top tier players with question marks attached to them.

Vince 3 years ago, but not Vince 2016. Vince use to be a top DL.
He is not the same player & I wish him the best, but I also wish he wouldBRetire.

The people hanging onto the memory of Vince's past performance, remind me of the people who didn't want Varitek to
Leave the RedSox, despite his age and lack of production at the plate.
If I had a nickle for every time I heard "he calls a great game", I could retire.

He retired & the year after that, we won the World Series.

I was being kind at 360
I work with a guy who is 405 & a few of us went to. Training camp last summer We all came to the same conclusion that Vince was as big as my coworker who is 405.

Not to mention .... Muscle weighs more than fat & Vince has more muscle than my coworker.
Muscle doesn't actually weigh more it is just more dense.

So should we pay Edelman more than Randall Cobb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back