PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will BB challenge Welker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick is going to stack the box to stop Moreno and to hold up the short routes ... If he shuts down Moreno then Welker will be shut down also.

I don’t know if Welker playing in 2014 is a certainty.
  • Pre concussion stats – 10 games, 61 receptions, on 87 targeted passes, 648 receiving yards, 10.62 average, and 9 touchdowns.
  • Post-concussion stats – 4 games, 18 receptions, on 32 targeted passes, 168 receiving yard, 9.33 average, and 2 touchdowns.
I look at that and I have a serious questions about the lasting impact of the first concussion combined with the second concussion.

I think the debate could have more power with one more concussion, but I couldn't see any reason at the moment to really feel strongly that he'd be able to go right now--but then suddenly not in September. One more good lick and we may be having this discussion, however.

Off topic--I saw this on ESPN stats/twitter and thought you may like to have it passed on, with your questioning of Amendola's worth + opinion of Edelman's dominance this season. It would appear that Amendola has been much more important than many are giving credit for :

@ESPNStatsInfo

Brady: 63.6 comp pct, 8 TD, 2 Int targeting slot receivers since Amendola's return from inj (Wk 8); 58.7 comp pct, 1 TD, 4 Int in 1st 7 gms

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes